Brule 4 points in half a game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Not to mention a couple great hits.

This is after he had a 1 game suspension in the pre-season.

Honestly, folks, look out for this kid. Let's not get in a Crosby/Brule debate, but Brule alone is good enough to go #1 any single year.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm sure he beats out Ovechkin, LeCavalier, Kovalchuk, Nash already and will be better than any of those can ever imagine.. :shakehead
Good for him that's he's performing, his team is stacked this year so his production could pick up more than expected.

hockeyGod

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Honestly is Crosby a chizler. How do you get 1 goal and 5 assists and the next highest point guy being at 3 assists. Just a question.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
hockeyGod said:
Honestly is Crosby a chizler. How do you get 1 goal and 5 assists and the next highest point guy being at 3 assists. Just a question.

I think it is because Crosby is used in almost every situation for Rimouski.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
If Roussin had 6 points and pouliot 6 points they'll all finish with 200 points like Crosby, but the coach play with the lines all games long after the nics was leading 4-0

by the way what is a chizler?

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I think he means the kind of guy who is more concerned about his point totals than the team. A guy who cherry picks or stays in offensive areas extra long at the expense perhaps of his defensive play or line changes.

Sort of like that basketball player who bounced it off the back-board and then put it in so he could get that one last rebound he needed that game for a triple-double or whatever you call it.

Not saying Crosby is this, just that's what I think he means by 'chizler'.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Ho well then he didnt see the same game that i saw. Crosby could had 2 more assists (one guy missed an empty net and another was alone in front of the goaler)

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I watched the game on TV and Crosby is always among the first players back in his own zone. At one point it was a 2 on 2, Crosby + another dman against 2 Victoriaville players, the dman took his man and Crosby was left all alone with the last player. He reacted pretty well, he closed the distance on him and hit him, making him lose the puck. He did his job defensively.

The thing is, with Crosby, his defense doesn't stand out because his line is 90% of the time in the offensive zone. Anyway he's definately not a cherry picker or "chizler". He has a defensive game.

Also +11 in 5 games (not that it really proves anything, but it's worth mentionning).

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
E = CH² said:
I watched the game on TV and Crosby is always among the first players back in his own zone. At one point it was a 2 on 2, Crosby + another dman against 2 Victoriaville players, the dman took his man and Crosby was left all alone with the last player. He reacted pretty well, he closed the distance on him and hit him, making him lose the puck. He did his job defensively.

The thing is, with Crosby, his defense doesn't stand out because his line is 90% of the time in the offensive zone. Anyway he's definately not a cherry picker or "chizler". He has a defensive game.

Also +11 in 5 games (not that it really proves anything, but it's worth mentionning).
I have felt that up until this season Crosby's defense was his most glaring weakness. He still needs work on his positioning and willingness to come deep in his zone, unless he's improved greatly since the last time I saw him.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Chizzler is some one who gets underserved assists. You usually see these guys sucking up to the ref telling him that he should get an assist when it was undeserved. Or in some cases, the score keeper for that rink chizzles points for his favourite player on his home team. Happens a lot in junior hockey.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
hockeyGod said:
Crosby is the anti-chizler.He seems to be trying almost too hard to make
his teammates look good,IMO he should be shooting the puck more.ANYWAY let's
get back to Brule.Those were great numbers he put up in his first game.Posters on
this board have said he didn't get all the icetime he should have last year. Well
with a start like that it shouldn't be a problem this year.What are peoples expec-
tations for him this year inpoint production?Can he lead the whl in scoring or is
top 5 or top 10 more realistic.I can't wait to see him play.Maybe he'll be going to
the world juniors and I might get to see him there.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Stiffler's Mom said:
Chizzler is some one who gets underserved assists. You usually see these guys sucking up to the ref telling him that he should get an assist when it was undeserved. Or in some cases, the score keeper for that rink chizzles points for his favourite player on his home team. Happens a lot in junior hockey.
My definition of Crosby as the anti-chizzler was based on Jay Thompson's
definition.But still,even with this definition I don't think Crosby's a chizzler.
The game he played here in January,there are still people swearing he had 2
goals and 2 assists but he was only credited with the goals.I thought he had 1 assist in the game,just a straigt pass to the guy that scored and that's what
others say as well.If he was a chizzler I don't think his +/- would be so high.

Mountain Dude

where is Brule from anyways, can I get some info on this guy?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
monster_bertuzzi said:
No kidding. They're both great - and both will be ambasaders for the NHL. Lets just leave it at that.

Its hard to start a thread about one of the two and not have the other one come into it.

But i do agree. Both are great talents for this country.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mountain Dude said:
where is Brule from anyways, can I get some info on this guy?

he was born in Vancouver, his father is from Montreal and his mom is from BC. I was talking to his mom at the Canada Winter Games 2 years ago that is how I know this, I asked because his name is french so I was wondering if he was from Quebec and moved to BC or if he was from BC.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Very funny moosefan

moosefan said:
he was born in Vancouver, his father is from Montreal and his mom is from BC. I was talking to his mom at the Canada Winter Games 2 years ago that is how I know this, I asked because his name is french so I was wondering if he was from Quebec and moved to BC or if he was from BC.

HA!HA!HA!You haven't got a clue about Brule's origins. He was born in Edmonton, Alberta. His parents are from Ontario and now reside in the Vancouver area. You must have been talking to a mom that was impersonating or the real mom fed you a line of b.s. just to make you go away, or you just made up your own story. By the way there are people all over Canada with "French" names. Some of them speak French and some don't. You should get out more.

Mountain Dude

K, well there is some discretion here, maybe we can get like a link with his birthplace and ****? A player bio of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad