Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
With belesky bought out next year, spooner unqualified, and a 4 mill increase in the cap we might have 10 mill cap room to improve the team

That includes bringing chara back and finding small raise for nash and schaller

With mcquaid coming off the books the next year we really do have a ton of room to add a contract the next 2 seasons

Then krejci becomes tradable and chara is likely done and miller could be let go when we need their 13 mill to resign carlo, mcavoy, heinen, debrusk, maybe bjork

Cap situation is looking outstanding for next couple years

I think we have to look around at a proven scoring winger for krejci... someone on a 1-2 year deal... and i think we can afford to move one of our kids for that guy

I love all the top kids so whoever we keep ill be happy. If we keep cehlerik and heinen im ok even though i like debrusk and bjork more

Doesnt matter which 2 we keep... or which 3. We will have alot of kids even after trading 1 or 2

If we can add an impact scoring vet winger for krejci line this year we got a shot at the cup imho

Id also give up our first for an impact lhs dman at the deadline

This belesky waiver and likely buyout was not something i thought would happen... but it actually does open up a chance for us to cup contend the next 2 seasons

Of course the kid development and the cap going up help alot too

Reactions: wintersej

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
To Boston
Nino
Tyler Ennis

To Minny
Spooner
Backes
Vatrano
Zboril

Money is a wash. One time make a trade for proven NHL talent Donny. Backes will waive to go there. Add whatever you have to to push it through.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Krejci was spectacular last night

Please stop the Krejci trade crap

It's embarrassing they won't get anyone better even if he waived

He looked very good. Can't wait to see him reunited with Cehlarik. As for a trade ? all depends on the return however a Bergeron Krejci down the middle top 2 lines hard to beat.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I'm not looking to move any of our spare pieces unless it's for a clear upgrade somewhere. When the injury bug bites again we will be happy we have a center of Spooners caliber and a defenseman of Mquaids caliber ready to go.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I'm not looking to move any of our spare pieces unless it's for a clear upgrade somewhere. When the injury bug bites again we will be happy we have a center of Spooners caliber and a defenseman of Mquaids caliber ready to go.

Spooner has a great skill set but seems to have very little if any positive impact on games.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He's great when he's healthy. Let's hope he can finish the season, he gives the team another scoring line threat.
You just figuring this out....?

Again, Krejci has missed 48 games in the last four seasons....Not more then most players. The Krejci always hurt this is such bull%#$*.....

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Not suggesting it, flat out saying it. Maybe the Bruins are getting a little impatient on his non existent physical and offensive game?

I guess there's two ways to look at that though right? Carlo may be a top 4 D himself, but obviously Vatanen is better. Maybe the implication here, badly articulated, was that Carlo would be going the other way? Surely they'd have needed to move something like that and more to get Vatanen, so I'm guessing that was the plan. Which would have been fine by me.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I'm a little confused by LeBrun's comments. Is he suggesting Carlo isn't a top 4RHD?

Carlo is a young defenseman who has a lot of promise but is going to have his ups and downs. He has a ton of potential and has looked like a sure top 4 at times this yr but he's finding out in his sophomore yr theirs going to be some bumps in the road and life in the NHL without Big Z by his side is a little more difficult.

Reactions: wintersej

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I guess there's two ways to look at that though right? Carlo may be a top 4 D himself, but obviously Vatanen is better. Maybe the implication here, badly articulated, was that Carlo would be going the other way? Surely they'd have needed to move something like that and more to get Vatanen, so I'm guessing that was the plan. Which would have been fine by me.

yeah true, but the Ducks were looking for help up front, but that was a great point.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
dont need snarl, or offense to be a top 4 if you can be a true shut down defender.

see: Hjarmalsson (1 season >50 hits, 0 seasons >50 PIM), Alzner
Then maybe he is not a top four.....Cause his effort on that third goal was pitiful.

I mean, he has to bring something ???....He does not add offensive, he does not hit, he does not play position well......Does he have to play with Chara to be effective ?

Was never sold on this kid......HOWEVER, he is 22 or so.....But the kid needs to start showing some effort or edge, or offensive game.

I would never give the guy away, the potential is there......But he cant be in our top four. He just needs to want to play hockey instead of being a run way model....

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Then maybe he is not a top four.....Cause his effort on that third goal was pitiful.

I mean, he has to bring something ???....He does not add offensive, he does not hit, he does not play position well......Does he have to play with Chara to be effective ?

Was never sold on this kid......HOWEVER, he is 22 or so.....But the kid needs to start showing some effort or edge, or offensive game.

I would never give the guy away, the potential is there......But he cant be in our top four. He just needs to want to play hockey instead of being a run way model....
:laugh: Now thats funny.

I like Carlo and he has a lot potential but thats funny!

One of the posters posted early and I think hes dead on.

Carlo playing a little scared at times as if he's going to get rocked again and he seems to be rushing plays when he has time.

Hes only 20-21 so he'll be fine most defenseman are still trying to find their game in college or at the AHL level at that age.

Last edited:

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I highly doubt SweeNeely would of traded a cheap 3/4 D with upside and is RFA controlled for a pricier fix that is UFA in three years.
Surely SweeNeely learned from the Chia era? No?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

This seems absurdly critical to me. The guy has the 2nd highest d-zone starts on the team, plays 19+ minutes/night, 3rd highest Expected +/- on D behind only Z and McAvoy, +1 on takeaway/giveway (behind only Miller on D). 4th on D in hits.

This is what happens with fans and expectations. It's going to happen with McAvoy next year too. People get surprised by how good a kid looks early then they start to nitpick. Carlo has been just fine back there and he can easily play top 4 here. I'd personally much rather have him on the ice in a tie game or up a goal than Torey Krug. I never felt he was as untouchable as so many on this board when there was talk of Landeskog or Duchene last year, but he's still been very good for his age.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Carlo is where Tyler Myers was at the end of his time in Buffalo. Set the bar too high for himself and was going to need some time to get back to that level. He'll have a long career I'd hang on to him but if we want to be really good a better RD partner to carry Krug would help us big time. Its a shame that we didn't get to see him play a big role in the playoffs last year since he was one of the 4-5 D men injured that would tell us how much of a keeper the guy is. My guess is Carlo takes the next step next season and adds some strength and everyone is thrilled we didn't move him.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad