Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think if they were able to get Tavares, it wouldn't be a rebuilding "process" so to speak. I think simply by adding him and another piece or two, they'd be right back in contention for the conference next year. Remember, a lot of the problems right now are injury related. Assuming health, the top 6 with Tavares would be -- Bergeron, Tavares, Marchand, Pasta, (Bjork, Debrusk, Backes, etc.). Not a bad start, plus if they finished low enough, they could add a top level rookie forward to that mix.
How did we end up with Taveras? Was that the compensation for passing on Barzal?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think in the mock, the Bruins were able to get rid of Krejci, Beleskey, McQuaid, Backes or something along that lines for like a total of 19M cleared. Then 10-12M goes to Tavares, boom = 7-9M in cap space.
That frees up money to take run at Drew Doughty. (Does he shoot left?)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
That frees up money to take run at Drew Doughty. (Does he shoot left?)

We'll already have our Doughty in McAvoy. However, the same year Doughty in a free agent (2019) guess who else will be? f*** Tavares.... Just wait the extra year and bring Tyler Seguin back home to Boston where he belongs. 2019 will be right in line with when the Bruins will be competing for Cups legitimately.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We'll already have our Doughty in McAvoy. However, the same year Doughty in a free agent (2019) guess who else will be? **** Tavares.... Just wait the extra year and bring Tyler Seguin back home to Boston where he belongs. 2019 will be right in line with when the Bruins will be competing for Cups legitimately.
I'm just goofing here

They need Krejci and Bergeron healthy - last time that happened they were on a pace to beat Vancouver 10-2

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm just goofing here

They need Krejci and Bergeron healthy - last time that happened they were on a pace to beat Vancouver 10-2

Yes they do. It'd be nice to have two legitimate top 6 NHL centers again, instead of one legit NHL center and a guy who belongs in the AHL (Szwarz).

However, I was looking at the potential 2019 UFA free agency list...Holy hell, talk about a talented group. I'm sure a lot will be re-signed, but it could get silly.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
How did we end up with Taveras? Was that the compensation for passing on Barzal?

He’s UFA after this year.

I brought it up as part of a plan to improve.

Similar to how Chara and Savard made them legit 10 years back.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
The only way to improve the situation is to try and convince Vegas to take Spooner, Belesky and a first for Neal. Would get rid of some salary in order to afford Neal and add a true scorer to the lineup.

Would not really hurt to lose those two and we have a lot of talented kids anyay.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The only way to improve the situation is to try and convince Vegas to take Spooner, Belesky and a first for Neal. Would get rid of some salary in order to afford Neal and add a true scorer to the lineup.

Would not really hurt to lose those two and we have a lot of talented kids anyay.

So basically Spooner for Neal.

Because the cost to dump Beleskey's contract is essentially a 1st rounder.

Vegas would laugh at that offer.

And the last thing this team should be doing right now is trading away it's 2018 1st round pick.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
So basically Spooner for Neal.

Because the cost to dump Beleskey's contract is essentially a 1st rounder.

Vegas would laugh at that offer.

And the last thing this team should be doing right now is trading away it's 2018 1st round pick.

Let me play devil's advocate there for a second:

I absolutely understand your point. They could end up cratering and that could be a top 10, maybe top 5 pick in a very strong draft. Good argument to keep that pick as though it's gold. On the flip side, we all acknowledge they've endured a ton of injuries. They know best what they're missing for talent, and if healthy, they have reason to believe they should be better, and most of us agree. On the market, it's entirely possible their 1st round pick might have more value today than it will ever have, right? That pick is a stock right now, and if you choose, you can bet on which way it will go.

FWIW at the moment, I'd hold onto it too. But I've been arguing that they should be looking to acquire a top 6 forward by dangling 2 top prospects and that pick. If that trade becomes more possible thanks to the perceived value of that pick, and you think your team will only get better as the season goes on, you have to consider that. So long as the guy you're acquiring is young and signed for a while. Again it's not about this year.

Reactions: DKH

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Maybe the Spooner package to Vegas but with the 2019 first, no way I move this years. I would be looking to acquire some more picks for this draft, as much as I hated last years draft I think this upcoming one has a chance to produce a number of impact players as well as NHL regular possibly deep into the second round. What is looking more and more like a top ten pick should not be dealt for anything less than a cost controlled, long term scoring power forward.

Spooner, Beleskey and 2019 first won't get it done unfortunately, would have to add to it, probably one of Senyshyn, Frederic, DeBrusk, JFK or Heinen and maybe a lessor forward prospect as well. If you can get Neal at a decent salary for 5 years I would do it, he is not old, has at least 4 good years left and brings a nice edge of nasty as well as goal scoring. He is a complimentary player in that he cannot create offense by himself but with Bergeron or Kreji should be a solid scorer for half a decade to come. Spooner is put in a position to supposedly become the players some see him becoming, the first and a prospect get you Neal, what you have to give up for Vegas to take Beleskey as part of the deal would impact the decision of which prospect/additional prospect goes to Vegas

I still fear Sweeney making any deal, never mind one that will have long term effects on the team.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Let me play devil's advocate there for a second:

I absolutely understand your point. They could end up cratering and that could be a top 10, maybe top 5 pick in a very strong draft. Good argument to keep that pick as though it's gold. On the flip side, we all acknowledge they've endured a ton of injuries. They know best what they're missing for talent, and if healthy, they have reason to believe they should be better, and most of us agree. On the market, it's entirely possible their 1st round pick might have more value today than it will ever have, right? That pick is a stock right now, and if you choose, you can bet on which way it will go.

FWIW at the moment, I'd hold onto it too. But I've been arguing that they should be looking to acquire a top 6 forward by dangling 2 top prospects and that pick. If that trade becomes more possible thanks to the perceived value of that pick, and you think your team will only get better as the season goes on, you have to consider that. So long as the guy you're acquiring is young and signed for a while. Again it's not about this year.

Depends on the guy. I wouldn't move it for even a young cost-controlled winger. Not needed moving forward. The long-term wing position of this team with Marchand, Pastrnak, etc. is just fine.

Nor would I move it for a G or RD.

It would have to be a center or LD. And a pretty darn good one at that. Whose moving players like that for packages of futures?

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Depends on the guy. I wouldn't move it for even a young cost-controlled winger. Not needed moving forward. The long-term wing position of this team with Marchand, Pastrnak, etc. is just fine.

Nor would I move it for a G or RD.

It would have to be a center or LD. And a pretty darn good one at that. Whose moving players like that for packages of futures?

Phoenix? They could be he worst team since the first year Senators. Beyond OEL I don't know what you could try to get from them though. Domi? DuClair? Stepan? Would they move what they consider future impact players for a larger package of players they like?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Phoenix? They could be he worst team since the first year Senators. Beyond OEL I don't know what you could try to get from them though. Domi? DuClair? Stepan? Would they move what they consider future impact players for a larger package of players they like?

I don't know what to think of Arizona. Because they went out this summer and traded for older assets in Stepan and Hjalmarsson, took on Demers contract. Signed Goligoski last year. I think they look a lot worse than they are because of flat-out awful goaltending, and are trying to accelerate their seemingly eternal rebuild.

Hard team to get a read on. Chayka is also un-orthodox it seems in his methods, kinda like Snow in NYI.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
I'm just goofing here

The mantra of this team over the last 5 years.

"If Krejci was healthy, this team could be a legit threat."

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Less.

He will command 10 million.

I've lost track, who is the current players the Bruins use as their fake cap like they used Bourque for so many years? Bergeron? Krecji? While I was thinking of what kind of cap space the Bruins would need to clear for Tavares I forgot about the JJ fake salary cap for top players clause. I'm sure Tavares leaving the Island to go to an organization that will be committed to winning would look at the Bruins for about ten seconds before realizing their owner has been the driving force behind 3 work stoppages and is more concerned with beer profits than winning, but JJ is a member of the hall of fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad