Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
One would think if Tavares is moving it's gonna be to a contender. Not sure if he'd be happy coming to a new team just to tank either. Trying to win and scraping by will just end up with another middling pick tho. Kinda getting that no-man's land feeling again. Stuck in limbo.

I think with the core here....Bergy, Marchand, Pasta, Rask, McAvoy....Tavares could be a real difference maker.

They wouldn’t be struggling to make the playoffs with him on board.

Last edited:
Reactions: TorontLoL 67

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Tye McGinn was part of a trade today. I thought he was going to be a player back in his Flyers days. I wonder what happened there?

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Belesky and Spooner for Eric Stall. He always played well against us. I'd also be interested in Jordan.

Last edited:

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Please stop.

Never mind why Wild would do that. But how the heck can they take it on Beleskey when they only have 27k in Cap space?

As well as Staal’s NTC.
Stop what? Can't argue Stall wouldn't help our current situation. It's not like he's part of the Wilds future. He could be had for a reasonable cost. A player worth perusing at this point IMO.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Stop what? Can't argue Stall wouldn't help our current situation. It's not like he's part of the Wilds future. He could be had for a reasonable cost. A player worth perusing at this point IMO.

Beleskey has negative net value. Some speculate he’d cost us a 1st rounder just to get someone to take him. And Spooner might not cost much to be rid of, but he certainly can’t be worth anything.

So we’d be giving them two assets hat probably have a combined negative value. Why in the world would they give us anything of value for that?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

And Belesky and Spooner would be?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Stall was my target. I don't do a lot of cap homework like you guys.

I didn't look at the cap implications. But Belesky is barely an NHL caliber player at this stage, and Spooner if he continues down his current path of unproduction, at 2.9 million a year, probably won't even be qualified next June.

Meanwhile, Eric Staal has been a very good player for them, currently 2nd on their team in points and 3rd in goals. They are a team built to win now, why move Staal with just this year and next on his deal.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I guess I proposed the best case scenario trade for the Bruins in that deal my bad.

We’ve all made bad proposals...well, most of us anyway,

I’ve learned over time to just pretend I’m a fan of the other team and then ask if I’d be happy with the deal or not.

Doesn’t work perfectly, but it’s where I start.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
We’ve all made bad proposals...well, most of us anyway,

I’ve learned over time to just pretend I’m a fan of the other team and then ask if I’d be happy with the deal or not.

Doesn’t work perfectly, but it’s where I start.
Belesky Spooner and our 1st for Stall.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Our PP is so bad lately we could use Spooner about now for that, not sure we are in the position of strength to make a fair trade.

Reactions: sarge88

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
To me, Stall is too old for that deal.
Plus, Minnesota is more in “win now”mode and probably wouldn’t want to move him, IMO.
I hear you but they aren't a real contender. Much like the Bruins and rebuilding on the fly. That pick could be loto. Stall could be a great bandaid for us. I see a potential hockey trade.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hear you but they aren't a real contender. Much like the Bruins and rebuilding on the fly. That pick could be loto. Stall could be a great bandaid for us. I see a potential hockey trade.

I don't see that at all. They are trying to win, but it just isn't going as well as last year at this moment.

But it's a team built around Koivu, Staal, Parise (when healthy) and Suter. Belesky does nothing for them now (and his cap hit hurts moving forward), neither does Spooner.

And if the 1st is a potential lottery pick, and it very well could be, they darn sure better not trade it for a year and a half of Eric Staal.

The problem with the vast majority of trade suggestions (and this isn't pointed at you in particular, or anyone in particular on this board) is almost every team would like to add, but at this current juncture, very few are looking to subtract and add futures.

So deals need to be player for player. Package deals where teams move established assets for futures won't happen until much closer to the deadline. Belesky/Spooner/1st for Staal is Minnesota essentially waving the white flag, and it's not even American Thanksgiving yet.

Pretty hard for the Bruins to pull off a player for player deal with all the injuries at this moment.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
They're not beating anyone in the west.

Marchy Bergy Bjork
Vatrano Krecji Pasta
Debrusk Stall Backes
Nash Kuraly Acciari

Just make the playoffs and who knows.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
To Edmonton: Ryan Spooner

To Boston: Zack Kassian

Great, I do think the Bruins biggest issue right now is there isn't enough truculence rotating between the 4th line and the press box.

Minny is better than Boston at the moment, and for better or worse built to win now. Why would they deal one of their goodplayers for futures. And why does a Bruins team that is barrely holding on to a thread, and could pretty quickly tailspein into a top 5 pick suddenly trade that pick away to add yet another old player to the roster

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
I think with the core here....Bergy, Marchand, Pasta, Rask, McAvoy....Tavares could be a real difference maker.

They wouldn’t be struggling to make the playoffs with him on board.

My apologies, I hadn't realized he's a UFA next summer. That would make for one helluva top 6 for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->