Proposal: Bruins / Red Wings

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
So what are you trading your second best player, wich makes no sense if you are rebuilding or are you trading your lazy ass player
I don't understand what you're asking.

We're not in a hurry to get rid of the guy. He's 26 so it's possible that he can still help us in an eventual Cup run.

He's lazy on a bad team. And he's already a very good player even when he's being lazy. On a good team maybe he is more motivated and goes from a very good player to a very great player. If you want him, you can pay up. If you don't want him badly enough, we'll wait for other offers. If nothing comes that's good enough, we'll keep him.

Just because we wish he would play his hardest doesn't mean it's worth it to let him go at the first offer that pops up.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The point is people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.Sweeney messed up the first round of the 15 draft but he did very well in the 2nd round on and also drafted McAvoy(better than anyone the Red Wings have drafted since the turn of the century) at 14 the very next year in a weak draft. He is on video telling Chiarelli what to do at another weak draft in '14 (Pastrnak,Donato,Heinen,Bjork). He has good picks and bad picks like all GMs. I could just as easily say lol Red Wings could have had Debrincat, Carlo, Hughes, Suzuki instead of Cholowski,Svech,Zadina, and Rasmussen.

You’re correct, that is absolutely the point. Which is why Boston’s drafting wasn’t brought up until a Bruins fan decided to come in and talk shit about Detroit’s drafting.

We both have the understanding of people in glass houses, you just have to read back to see who cast the first stone.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
As a side question. Who do you think Boston picks up at the deadline?

Would you be interested in Bobby Ryan for a 3rd round pick?
The Bruins need a offense that would be able to take the pressure off the top line, Booy Ryan does not address that issue . I have always thought Mantha, Virtanan, Josh Anderson type forward size, speed , and ability to put the puck in the back of the net. I think their young D has played well ,but with injuries and the playoffs coming up a veteran D man would give some depth and experience back there , but goal scoring is a must..........

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Excuses. Detroit botched an exceptional draft just as badly.

Lol Boston had 3 back to back to back first round picks, picked one decent player out of the group while the next 3 picks will likely all be playing at the next Olympics at the age of like 25. On two of the best hockey countries in the world as well.

Detroit picked a guy who had some really, really bad injuries so hes just getting his career started now. Detroit didnt come close to as bad of a draft as Boston that year lol

He’s actually been pretty solid this year.

Yeah I dunno if he was worse with the Rangers or what the deal is. Staal wasnt worth his contract but hes definitely not nearly as bad as Rangers fans let on and hes definitely not the worst player in the NHL. I think the contract just attracted too much attention to him

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
[Other Team Fan]: How much for Mantha?
[DET Fan]: This much.
[Other Team Fan]: He's terrible, lazy, streaky, awful.
[DET Fan]: We'll just keep him then.

Repeat
Um, that's HF trade proposals in a nutshell for every player in the league.

Except Halak, Ryder, and 2nd. That is the godly offer.

Reactions: BSHH

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Vankaanien, Bjork, Studnicka and 2nd for Mantha,Staal, Bertuzzi if Bertuzzi signs change to a #1 .........I am sure I will take s#$t from all sides but, I have to put something out there.........

Steve Yzerman is Detroit's general manager. That alone should tell you that this nightmare of a trade for the Red Wings will never happen. Bjork can't stick in the top 12. Ohno Vakanainen has underwhelmed so far and isn't in the current starting six THAT IS MISSING THEIR TOP 4! Studnicka may be ok, but needs to gain strength in a big way.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Vankaanien, Bjork, Studnicka and 2nd for Mantha,Staal, Bertuzzi if Bertuzzi signs change to a #1 .........I am sure I will take s#$t from all sides but, I have to put something out there.........
Bruins pass

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Wow. This is really off the mark value wise. Don’t normally see such nonsense from the Bruin fan base. Try harder to make this even next time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad