Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion V - 3 warnings posted - Stay On Subject only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Another position where the future looks bright for our guys. Keyser and Swayman could very well compete for the backup G in a couple of seasons and one could eventually succeed Tuukka.

Don't forget Vladar. He's only 20 years old. I'm really looking forward to him getting a legitimate look in the AHL last year. His sample size is very small there, but the numbers are solid.

11 GP = 6-1-1 Record -- 2.20 GAA -- .923 SV%

Reactions: Estlin

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
I've seen swayman quite a few times this year . Solid prospect however I think he dropped off a bit towards the end of the year. Perhaps fatigue played a role , that along with periods where the entire team was in brain cramp mode and that was when he would give up some soft goals.
I still think he is going to develop into a solid goalie just might be closer to 5 years IMO

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
That's high praise considering you seem quite fond of Studnicka, great to hear!

Hopefully he'll continue developing. He's got one more year in the CHL, correct?

Yes, one more year.

I think his path will be one more year in the OHL, then a year in the ECHL and at least two in the AHL. That's best case scenario, so four years minimum at best. That's providing he keeps on the projection curve he's on.

To bad Swayman wasn't born a month later or both would get some consideration for Team USA at the WJC

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yes, one more year.

I think his path will be one more year in the OHL, then a year in the ECHL and at least two in the AHL. That's best case scenario, so four years minimum at best. That's providing he keeps on the projection curve he's on.

To bad Swayman wasn't born a month later or both would get some consideration for Team USA at the WJC

Slightly related... do you think McIntyre is the backup next year in Boston?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Slightly related... do you think McIntyre is the backup next year in Boston?

I can honestly see Khudobin back if the price is right.

However, I'm pretty sure McIntyre will require waivers beginning next season, so we're right back to the same situation as Subban this season. So, he has to make the team.

If they do bring Khudobin back, I can see them carrying 3 goaltenders for a few weeks while they work around the situation.

Reactions: BBruins

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Austin Czarnik with a trick tonight elevating him to no.3 in the AHL in scoring. He's only three points away from leading the league.

Why has this prospect, who has played so well when called up, not found a place on the NHL roster? The answer , as I understand it, us that he would be subject to waivers should he be returned to Providence. So what?

There are nineteen games remaining in the schedule. Can't they find a way to put this kid on the roster on at least a fourth line wing?

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Austin Czarnik with a trick tonight elevating him to no.3 in the AHL in scoring. He's only three points away from leading the league.

Why has this prospect, who has played so well when called up, not found a place on the NHL roster? The answer , as I understand it, us that he would be subject to waivers should he be returned to Providence. So what?

There are nineteen games remaining in the schedule. Can't they find a way to put this kid on the roster on at least a fourth line wing?
I can honestly see Khudobin back if the price is right.

However, I'm pretty sure McIntyre will require waivers beginning next season, so we're right back to the same situation as Subban this season. So, he has to make the team.

If they do bring Khudobin back, I can see them carrying 3 goaltenders for a few weeks while they work around the situation.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

With Wingels here there is no need of Acciari, return him and bring up Czarnik as the extra guy. Forth line was productive and faster with Czarnik on it

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
With Wingels here there is no need of Acciari, return him and bring up Czarnik as the extra guy. Forth line was productive and faster with Czarnik on it
There’s no roster limit after the deadline so they could bring him up right now if that’s what they wanted to do, but if he plays a game he’d have to go through waivers to go back as I understand it. DS probably wants him to help Prov right now but we’ll see what happens. No doubt seems in good form the last while.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
There’s no roster limit after the deadline so they could bring him up right now if that’s what they wanted to do, but if he plays a game he’d have to go through waivers to go back as I understand it. DS probably wants him to help Prov right now but we’ll see what happens. No doubt seems in good form the last while.
That's why I said send down Acciari and keep Czarnik, do not send him down again. There is a lot of bodies in Providence now with Hughes, Frederic and Koppanen just added and maybe Donato.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
That's why I said send down Acciari and keep Czarnik, do not send him down again. There is a lot of bodies in Providence now with Hughes, Frederic and Koppanen just added and maybe Donato.
Point was they wouldn’t need to send anyone down to bring Czarnik up, the 23-man roster limit is not in effect as of the trade deadline.

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Point was they wouldn’t need to send anyone down to bring Czarnik up, the 23-man roster limit is not in effect as of the trade deadline.
We are agreed, my point is everytime I bring up Czarnik someone always shoots it down because he has to clear waivers. My point is never send him down he is better then Gionta and Acciari.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratty

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Cedric Pare Set to Sign ELC

Throughout his career with the Sea Dogs, he has amassed 54 points (18 G, 36 A). Pare describes himself as a two-way center who is good at the faceoff dot. Pretty interesting considering he looks like Patrice Bergeron AND Bergeron is a two-way center who is fantastic at the faceoff dot. Could Pare be the next Bergeron? Probably not, I don’t see anyone being the next Bergeron right now. Pare could turnout to be very similar to Bergy though.
Pare has a lot of energy, and has great skating skills. He is big-bodied and can play in all situations. He plays a solid 200-foot game and is very similar to No. 37. He’s strong, tough, and isn’t afraid to drive to the net. He has a very high compete level and is always the first person to jump on a loose puck.
I’ll put it this way, Pare is no Patrice Bergeron but he has the potential to be a very similar player to Bergeron. Signing an ELC and heading to the Providence Bruins will benefit him as he’ll be learning from the best there is. Who knows, Patrice could help this kid out big time. He’s already a pretty solid player, but getting a taste of the pros and possibly learning from Bergy himself will make him stand out even more.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Throughout his career with the Sea Dogs, he has amassed 54 points (18 G, 36 A). Pare describes himself as a two-way center who is good at the faceoff dot. Pretty interesting considering he looks like Patrice Bergeron AND Bergeron is a two-way center who is fantastic at the faceoff dot. Could Pare be the next Bergeron? Probably not, I don’t see anyone being the next Bergeron right now. Pare could turnout to be very similar to Bergy though.
Pare has a lot of energy, and has great skating skills. He is big-bodied and can play in all situations. He plays a solid 200-foot game and is very similar to No. 37. He’s strong, tough, and isn’t afraid to drive to the net. He has a very high compete level and is always the first person to jump on a loose puck.
I’ll put it this way, Pare is no Patrice Bergeron but he has the potential to be a very similar player to Bergeron. Signing an ELC and heading to the Providence Bruins will benefit him as he’ll be learning from the best there is. Who knows, Patrice could help this kid out big time. He’s already a pretty solid player, but getting a taste of the pros and possibly learning from Bergy himself will make him stand out even more.

Just a note. I don't believe he can stay in Providence next year. He's allowed to play out the season there because his junior team is eliminated, but next year he has to play in the QMJHL again (or the NHL) but can't play in the AHL.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

Sounds more like a Riley Nash. I would be stoked if he ended up as a homegrown Riley Nash on an ELC.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Just a note. I don't believe he can stay in Providence next year. He's allowed to play out the season there because his junior team is eliminated, but next year he has to play in the QMJHL again (or the NHL) but can't play in the AHL.

If he signs his ELC doesn't that make him ineligible for for the Q?

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Does Pare have 'great skating skills'? He was the slowest player at development camp last year. Just wondering if he's worked on it and it's better now.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
I think Czarnik and the whole Providence team would be better served if Czarnik brought Providence deep into the playoffs, rather than calling him up to sit in the 9th floor or play 10 minutes a game on the 4th line. The Bruins have a winning formula right now and so does Providence. Why rock both of those boats?

I would also guess that because the Bruins are protecting him in Providence, they likely view him as their best replacement for Riley Nash on the 3rd line next year.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Does Pare have 'great skating skills'? He was the slowest player at development camp last year. Just wondering if he's worked on it and it's better now.

i haven't watched him this year but was not impressed with what i had seen previously. seems like a colby cave-type player. i think @ODAAT has seen him a lot and can comment appropriately.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Not sure if it’s been pointed out but studnicka has been on fire the last 10 days. He didn’t play today for a reason I don’t know but he has 10 points in his last 5 games played since 3/7. Hopefully something clicked for him. He had a strong post draft year at better than a point per game. His scoring was less than hoped for however but he’s found the touch lately. Assuming he’s back in Ontario next year I have to think he’s a strong u20 candidate and also in a small collective of ohl players in the running for whatever the OHLs version of the art Ross trophy is. He’s currently 26th in scoring but in the top 15 for ‘99 birthdays and younger. Assuming 5 of those guys turn pro, he’s a top 10 favorite and due to his late season splurge I’d give him odds as a top 5 candidate for a massive 100 point+ season next year

Reactions: Thrive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad