Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I moaned and whined about a lack of anything in the system for years, no way I`m getting caught up complaining about what`s happening now with this organization

Oh for the good old days of Andrew Alberts, Byron Bitz, Cameron Mann, Jonathan Aitken, Andy Hilbert, Lee Goren etc. etc. :laugh:

Reactions: HustleB and ODAAT

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
There is zero reason why these kids can't work out like many of the later Tampa Bay Lightning picks

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008385.html
I heard that you cannot play 3 rookies together. They did it last night and that line was good,Kuraly, Bjork and either Heinen or Debrusk. We need to rid ourselves of the Claude mentality of we need a defensive black hole on every line. Hard to play skill game with guys throwing the puck off the boards and icing it, give them something they are familiar with and watch them evolve instead of regress

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I heard that you cannot play 3 rookies together. They did it last night and that line was good,Kuraly, Bjork and either Heinen or Debrusk. We need to rid ourselves of the Claude mentality of we need a defensive black hole on every line. Hard to play skill game with guys throwing the puck off the boards and icing it, give them something they are familiar with and watch them evolve instead of regress

I Think we are set up perfectly. When DK gets back, I roll the big three centers out with one of the great looking young forwards we have.

63-37-10
74-46-88
xx-42-43

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I Think we are set up perfectly. When DK gets back, I roll the big three centers out with one of the great looking young forwards we have.

63-37-10
74-46-88
xx-42-43
No not old man Backes at center that is just not going to help them generate offense, he cannot even play in OT. Better off as a winger, offensive black hole out there. Always behind the play at center, keep him at wing. Bjork is done on Bergys line enough with the apprenticing, he is good enough for 2nd line with Krech and Heinen. Pasta is great with Bergy and Marshy. Kuraly, Backes and DeBrusk can check.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hockey News top 100 players 21 and under issue out

Where are the Bruins?

Chabot 14
Tage Thompson 36
Barzal 30
Dibrincat 40
Connor 58

No Frederic, DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork, Zboril, Donato (who I think will be better than pretty much 2/3 of the forwards after 20)

Carlo and JFK at 62 & 63?

Carlo after guys struggling in the AHL

Donny Hockey wtf

Did they have Pasta and McAvoy on the list (maybe Psta doesn't count anymore) ?

I can't for the life of me see the argument for Thompson at 36 and Frederick unranked. They were drafted a couple picks apart. They had similar seasons last year (arguably Frederick better). Thompson is a couple inches taller. Frederick is a MUCH better skater. Thompson had an ok WJC last year, obviously Frederic was not invited. On the other hand Thompson also had a very poor 16 game stretch in the AHL (1G , 2 A). If one was rankes 72 and the other 80 then I really wouldn't complain.

Honestly I cant understand Thompson being 20+ spots higher than Connor, who to me is almost a no brainer for a higher ranking (of the 2)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I can't for the life of me see the argument for Thompson at 36 and Frederick unranked. They were drafted a couple picks apart. They had similar seasons last year (arguably Frederick better). Thompson is a couple inches taller. Frederick is a MUCH better skater. Thompson had an ok WJC last year, obviously Frederic was not invited. On the other hand Thompson also had a very poor 16 game stretch in the AHL (1G , 2 A). If one was rankes 72 and the other 80 then I really wouldn't complain.

Honestly I cant understand Thompson being 20+ spots higher than Connor, who to me is almost a no brainer for a higher ranking (of the 2)

Fredric was not “invited” because of a hand injury, otherwise he was a shoe-in for the WJC US team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

1. McDavid
2 Matthews
3 Laine
4 Eichel
5 Werenski
6 PASTRNAK

11 McAvoy

I would not deal any of Bjork DeBrusk Frederic or Heinen for many of the forwards on this list including Thompson

Connor actually dropped from 26 to 58 a loss of 32 spots

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
1. McDavid
2 Matthews
3 Laine
4 Eichel
5 Werenski
6 PASTRNAK

11 McAvoy

I would not deal any of Bjork DeBrusk Frederic or Heinen for many of the forwards on this list including Thompson

Connor actually dropped from 26 to 58 a loss of 32 spots

Would it shock anyone if McAvoy was 5 spots higher on this list next year?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Would it shock anyone if McAvoy was 5 spots higher on this list next year?
That would be something

What it tells me is some here who pine for star players really want a 1 or a 2 next to their names representing draft spots taken the 14 after McAvoy and 25 after Pastrnak just isn't sexy

The Leafs were the only team to beat the Bruins with multiple picks in the top 15 picks

Pastrnak beat Nylander
McAvoy beat Marner

Matthews went first overall his draft year

Boston's key as pointed out over and over by the likes of Friedman and McKenzie is prospect depth but when you got Pastrnak & McAvoy rated this high I'd say you have both

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
That would be something

What it tells me is some here who pine for star players really want a 1 or a 2 next to their names representing draft spots taken the 14 after McAvoy and 25 after Pastrnak just isn't sexy

The Leafs were the only team to beat the Bruins with multiple picks in the top 15 picks

Pastrnak beat Nylander
McAvoy beat Marner

Matthews went first overall his draft year

Boston's key as pointed out over and over by the likes of Friedman and McKenzie is prospect depth but when you got Pastrnak & McAvoy rated this high I'd say you have both

danny boy, i think the only thing missing is a future #1-type center. that 2018 1st rounder hopefully can sew that up.

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
danny boy, i think the only thing missing is a future #1-type center. that 2018 1st rounder hopefully can sew that up.

1A/1B has worked for us before :thumbu:

But I do actually agree with your point.

I have (unjustifiably) high hopes for Studnicka after his performance this fall. I also like Frederic from everything I've read and seen since his draft. JFK has too subtle a game for me to appreciate in my limited viewings and it sounds like he's doing good (maybe not great) in Providence. Donato I consider a wing prospect tbh.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
How are senshyn and debrusk and zboril looking?
(not trolling just want to see what you guys think they'll end up)
Long development path or busting?
debrusk looks OK playing in the nhl.

zboril has never impressed me that much since he got drafted but i guess the hope is he develops into a solid defensesman that wouldn't necessarily wow you much

senyshyn plays like 4th line in providence so that is kinda disappointing

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I wouldn't consider any of them on a long development path at this point. None of them are pulling a McAvoy, Pastrnak or Carlo and being ready on day 1, but Zboril and Senyshyn were not even AHL eligible until this season.

DeBrusk certainly the furtherest along of the three and looks like a good two-way middle six kind of guy. Good hands and head and probably a 20ish goal guy that can play PP2 or PK2 when its said and done. Solid guy. Helps A LOT that due to his age, he was allowed to go to the AHL last year and Zboril and Senyshyn were too young.

Zboril continues to have very split reviews. Kinda depends on when you see him I guess, because he sounds very inconsistent. Certainly has the physical tools and is nasty as all hell. But sometimes isn't really "there". Given that he is 10 games into his AHL career and is a d-man, probably too early to have an opinion on bust or project...seems to be just a 20 year old defenseman progressing in the AHL where you would expect.

Senyshyn having a tough first 10 or whatever pro games. He seemed to rely on just being faster than everyone in juniors and he has a lot of game to round out. I would think he is the guy most on the "long development path" track, but, again, 10 AHL games is too early to say "busting".

Mick Riddleton

Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Actually DeBrusk looks better then ok in his first year, he is playing good, very good for his skillset. He hounds the puck, goes to the net and is very good back checking. Seems you will get the glass half empty answer from some and the glass has finger prints on it. Senyshyn has time, they do not need to rush him due to the large numbers of excellent prospects, he has NHL size and speed and is coachable. Zboril played decent when he was up, so I see him at least being a decent bottom 3 dee, an excellent skater very smooth, loves to mix it up and was better prepared then Chabot to play in his own zone last year. These guy are behind a lot of prospects and that is a good thing to have. Add in journeymen that have jumped in because of the injuries like Potsma, Agostino and now Szwarz, they are taking up spots till the next wave is ready, minus the finger prints, lol.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I hope Seny has a big weekend. We all know he's a work in progress but he needs to show something, anything. Even a shooter like Matt Fraser (now playing in the Austrian league) potted a goal every other game in his rookie AHL year.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I hope Seny has a big weekend. We all know he's a work in progress but he needs to show something, anything. Even a shooter like Matt Fraser (now playing in the Austrian league) potted a goal every other game in his rookie AHL year.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Flannelman

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Yeah, but unfortunately Fraser couldn’t skate and that was exposed at the NHL level. Senyshyn can skate and shoot, just needs to work on his 3 zone game. I’m hoping for a similar progression to the ones we saw from Heinen and DeBrusk after a year in PRO.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This is just a fun time to be a fan.

The first wave is here and performing well and looking like they will be good to very good future nhlers.

Phase two will be the next year or so with the two J's and Johansson on defense, Cehlarik, JFK and Senny up front.

Phase three may be the best group with strength down the middle in Frederic, Donato and Studnicka and two LHD in Urho and Lindgren. I would expect all of them except Donato to be on Providence next season (I believe they are eligible)

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is just a fun time to be a fan.

The first wave is here and performing well and looking like they will be good to very good future nhlers.

Phase two will be the next year or so with the two J's and Johansson on defense, Cehlarik, JFK and Senny up front.

Phase three may be the best group with strength down the middle in Frederic, Donato and Studnicka and two LHD in Urho and Lindgren. I would expect all of them except Donato to be on Providence next season (I believe they are eligible)

I read a rumor that Donato is being considered for the US Olympic team, you have to start to wonder if we see him in Boston sooner than expected, possibly even as early as this year once Harvard's season is over.

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad