Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The HOCKEY Writers had us ranked 12th....is that not right?

I was sure going into it we would be in the top 5 but then I found out we were behind the likes of DET??

Not defending the writer but simply asking. Would having so many new faces to start the year down there make the assessment of the team and where he thinks they finish play into it at all?

I mean, on paper, to this fan who doesn`t get to see the PB games, they sound like they will be an entertaining and skilled team but who knows until they start playing?

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Easily overlooked in the discussions around the plethora of quality picks currently in the organization is Ryan Lindgren. Good recap on NCAA players to watch included this in the “ Soon To Be NHL’ers” section from Prohockey on the outlook for his future.

“D Ryan Lindgren, Minnesota (BOS) – If you aren’t specifically watching for Lindgren, you won’t even notice him. For a 19-year-old defenseman playing at a major program like Minnesota, that is a huge compliment. Lindgren is as solid a defenseman as you’ll find in the college game this season, equipped with next-level intelligence and great checking ability. While he may not have the same size, Lindgren is able to shut down the opposition in a similar fashion to a certain 40-year-old Bruins defenseman who may not have much time left in the NHL. Lindgren may be the heir apparent to Zdeno Chara on the left side of Boston’s blue line, but he needs to first focus on fully recovering from a late season leg injury, then on competing for a title with Minnesota, and then on beating out the numerous early draft picks that the Bruins have been collecting on defense“

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/10/2017-18-ncaa-players-to-watch.html

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Did everyone else wearing red fall in a hole behind the play? Where is everyone?

And the defenseman on the far side of the screen almost scored himself. Not to take away from what is a wicked shot, but that was not a good play at all by the red sweaters.

Yah I would say the Buckeyes coach probably wasn’t happy about the backcheck on that play. Ohio State needs Bartkowski to go back and coach the D. :naughty:

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Absolutely off topic for today’s discussion but I can’t believe Ottawa called up Chabot ?!?

Send him down and leave him down. He isn’t ready or even close! Stuff like this HURTS development a lot.

Entitlement is the worst thing a young kid in the NHL can develop. Make him work hard and play defense now or he will never do it ...

Zboril will end up the better player if they keep this up.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Easily overlooked in the discussions around the plethora of quality picks currently in the organization is Ryan Lindgren. Good recap on NCAA players to watch included this in the “ Soon To Be NHL’ers” section from Prohockey on the outlook for his future.

“D Ryan Lindgren, Minnesota (BOS) – If you aren’t specifically watching for Lindgren, you won’t even notice him. For a 19-year-old defenseman playing at a major program like Minnesota, that is a huge compliment. Lindgren is as solid a defenseman as you’ll find in the college game this season, equipped with next-level intelligence and great checking ability. While he may not have the same size, Lindgren is able to shut down the opposition in a similar fashion to a certain 40-year-old Bruins defenseman who may not have much time left in the NHL. Lindgren may be the heir apparent to Zdeno Chara on the left side of Boston’s blue line, but he needs to first focus on fully recovering from a late season leg injury, then on competing for a title with Minnesota, and then on beating out the numerous early draft picks that the Bruins have been collecting on defense“

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/10/2017-18-ncaa-players-to-watch.html

Sounds like a nice compliment for Charlie McAvoy, if he makes it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like a nice compliment for Charlie McAvoy, if he makes it.
We spoke to a guy who has seen him a lot including many of his tourney games live for USA including overseas who loves him. He said he is not only an outstanding defensive defenseman he can lay guys out; he knows how and when to do it. His only worry was he should probably pass on it at times because he's just average size and could take wear and tear because he hits so hard - 100 % max

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
We spoke to a guy who has seen him a lot including many of his tourney games live for USA including overseas who loves him. He said he is not only an outstanding defensive defenseman he can lay guys out; he knows how and when to do it. His only worry was he should probably pass on it at times because he's just average size and could take wear and tear because he hits so hard - 100 % max

Thanks for the info! Bruins have some nice physical defenseman coming through the pipeline in Lindgren, Lauzon, and Zboril. This is what I love to read.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Is there some reason why this thread is not stickied? Multiple posters have brought it up, and no answer.

It’s a PIA to try to find this every time there is a highlight or update on a kid not in PRO.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Is there some reason why this thread is not stickied? Multiple posters have brought it up, and no answer.

It’s a PIA to try to find this every time there is a highlight or update on a kid not in PRO.

We didn't sticky this thread right away because after the transition there were 9 threads stickied and it was a little overwhelming. Now that we've eliminated and consolidated some of those threads this thread will get up there in short order. Just trying to keep things as clean and simple as possible.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
We didn't sticky this thread right away because after the transition there were 9 threads stickied and it was a little overwhelming. Now that we've eliminated and consolidated some of those threads this thread will get up there in short order. Just trying to keep things as clean and simple as possible.

Bill,

Appreciate the quick response. We always “stickied” this in the past, so I was just wondering why we hadn’t this year.

Thanks

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Absolutely off topic for today’s discussion but I can’t believe Ottawa called up Chabot ?!?

Send him down and leave him down. He isn’t ready or even close! Stuff like this HURTS development a lot.

Entitlement is the worst thing a young kid in the NHL can develop. Make him work hard and play defense now or he will never do it ...

Zboril will end up the better player if they keep this up.
They brought him up because of injury problems on defence not by choice.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Frederick kicks the scoring off against BC tonight. He ends the game with just the one goal, Hughes goes pointless. Wisc beats up on BC 5-2

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Studnicka with a goal in a loss to Hamilton.

Has 3g/7a in seven game so far.

Followed that up with a goal and 2 assists last night when Owen Sound thrashed them 12-6. And he finished a plus 1 and 14 for 19 on the faceoff dot. Still wish he'd shoot more. He's firing at 20% and still only 20 shots on goal.

Kyle Keyser concerns me. It's only been 2 games, but has not looked like himself after returning from the dreaded upper body injury.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Followed that up with a goal and 2 assists last night when Owen Sound thrashed them 12-6. And he finished a plus 1 and 14 for 19 on the faceoff dot. Still wish he'd shoot more. He's firing at 20% and still only 20 shots on goal.

Kyle Keyser concerns me. It's only been 2 games, but has not looked like himself after returning from the dreaded upper body injury.

Pardon my ignorance Dom but who is Kyle Keyser?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Pardon my ignorance Dom but who is Kyle Keyser?

Already answered above.

Keyser I had ranked number three behind Michael DiPietro and Matthew Villalta who are one-two statistically in the OHL this year and both have a chance with Team Canada (DiPietro WILL be the starter).

Let's hope I'm right for once and nail Keyser and he turns out like I expected.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Already answered above.

Keyser I had ranked number three behind Michael DiPietro and Matthew Villalta who are one-two statistically in the OHL this year and both have a chance with Team Canada (DiPietro WILL be the starter).

Let's hope I'm right for once and nail Keyser and he turns out like I expected.
thx Dom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad