Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’m no
I heard the Vegas goalie scouts pushed for Malcom since they saw a very young athletic goalie needing a minor technical change. Kudos to their staff.

I’m no goalie expert, but playing too deep in your crease, not challenging shooters enough, and needing to improve your angles seems like more than a minor technical change. Seems like a major mindset change and you can never be sure if the player will buy in.

I wish Subban the best in Vegas, but I think you may be oversimplifying it?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Very good read. It’s like he had to relearn his game from scratch and he is doing well. The wait should be worth it.
Divver is about as good as there is covering hockey and this was a great article

JFK to me is ahead of Senyshyn DeBrusk and Heinen

Pipeline is deep and their depth allows them to go slow

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Could have sworn more than a few here already exclaimed him a bust, clearly this is a fake news story:sarcasm:

Nice to read the kid is improving and seemingly getting more comfortable with each passing game

So the Hamilton trade has us with three players in the A that are developing nicely- Seny, JFK, and Lauzon (hope his injury isn't a bad one). If 2 of the 3 become workaday NHLers, it was a good deal, if all three hit, we won that one :)

Reactions: TCB

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Divver is about as good as there is covering hockey and this was a great article

JFK to me is ahead of Senyshyn DeBrusk and Heinen

Pipeline is deep and their depth allows them to go slow
Heinen and DeBrusk are better at this point but not a bad thing to have 4 guy's as the potential future core with Bjork, Mac, Carlo and Pasta. If JFK was better he would be up, especially with the 3rd line center being a hole most of the year. No rush, let him, Senyshyn, Gabrielle and the yound dee develop for the next couple years. So many good options in the pipeline, great time to be a fan.

Reactions: DKH

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
i think the bruins should do johansson a big solid and move him. obviously for some sort of reasonable return, but he is an nhl d that is just buried on this team and will be for the foreseeable future imo. maybe grab a right handed winger from somebody that has some upside or a pick. it makes me a little upset to see him where he is cause i think he should be making more money through his career than he'll end up making because of the relative depth here.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
i know reed was the first guy that came out and said the bruins scored big on steen, i got someone to upload some recent games of his for me too, and his style is so north american it isn't even funny. he's all over the middle of the ice like, why is this ice so wide, lol? i'm not sure he's strong enough that he'll be a guy that will be able to carry the puck a lot in transition, but he has the back arch in puck protection like marchy in the ozone (draisaitl does this too, not using this for player comparison just for clear description) and his shot is a thunderbolt. i like him a lot too, i just think that even what size he's listed at is pretty inflated. he'll have a hard time being a top-9 guy in na because of his lack of natural athleticism and strength. but i think his skills are really underrated and he could pass by here as a different player than he is used as there if he's the '3rd guy' on a line with 2 higher caliber players. he seems like a steal to me, cause just watching him, you would say blindly "probably a late first rounder or something that i don't remember"

Reactions: PlayMakers and PB37

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
i know reed was the first guy that came out and said the bruins scored big on steen, i got someone to upload some recent games of his for me too, and his style is so north american it isn't even funny. he's all over the middle of the ice like, why is this ice so wide, lol? i'm not sure he's strong enough that he'll be a guy that will be able to carry the puck a lot in transition, but he has the back arch in puck protection like marchy in the ozone (draisaitl does this too, not using this for player comparison just for clear description) and his shot is a thunderbolt. i like him a lot too, i just think that even what size he's listed at is pretty inflated. he'll have a hard time being a top-9 guy in na because of his lack of natural athleticism and strength. but i think his skills are really underrated and he could pass by here as a different player than he is used as there if he's the '3rd guy' on a line with 2 higher caliber players. he seems like a steal to me, cause just watching him, you would say blindly "probably a late first rounder or something that i don't remember"
Agree 100%. From his first development camp you could see this kid was a sensational sleeper pick. I'll be shocked if he's not an NHL'er eventually.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Agree 100%. From his first development camp you could see this kid was a sensational sleeper pick. I'll be shocked if he's not an NHL'er eventually.

he's very fun to watch. and the fight he has even when the game is long gone is awesome. he always plays like someone important is watching him. i think he likes what was communicated to him by bruins staff. you always know when he's on the ice, you see him right away.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So the Hamilton trade has us with three players in the A that are developing nicely- Seny, JFK, and Lauzon (hope his injury isn't a bad one). If 2 of the 3 become workaday NHLers, it was a good deal, if all three hit, we won that one :)

I had/have my concerns with Lauzon in regards to him staying healthy. Has a ton of skill but needs to stay on the ice

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I had/have my concerns with Lauzon in regards to him staying healthy. Has a ton of skill but needs to stay on the ice

He plays hard so injuries will naturally happen...not sure I understand the theory behind regular players or prospects who are of a concern to the fanbase because they can't stay healthy? Is it not as simple as bad luck or playing hard? Perhaps a better label is "Jinxed" .

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
i think the bruins should do johansson a big solid and move him. obviously for some sort of reasonable return, but he is an nhl d that is just buried on this team and will be for the foreseeable future imo. maybe grab a right handed winger from somebody that has some upside or a pick. it makes me a little upset to see him where he is cause i think he should be making more money through his career than he'll end up making because of the relative depth here.
Isn't a little soon to give up on Johanssen making the Bruins roster? I mean, this is his first season in North America after one year in Djurgarden. He's only played in ten games and hasn't proven anything yet.

There will be vacancies on the Bs back line. Who knows if Chara or McQuaid will be with the team next season. Why not have him compete with Lauzon, Zboril, Vaakanainen for a roster spot, then see what you have.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Isn't a little soon to give up on Johanssen making the Bruins roster? I mean, this is his first season in North America after one year in Djurgarden. He's only played in ten games and hasn't proven anything yet.

There will be vacancies on the Bs back line. Who knows if Chara or McQuaid will be with the team next season. Why not have him compete with Lauzon, Zboril, Vaakanainen for a roster spot, then see what you have.

See that is the problem, the B's currently have too much D in Providence, and thus a real prospect isn't getting ice time

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Johanssen is coming back from an injury,might play this weekend,he makes Providence a better team when in the lineup

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Johanssen is coming back from an injury,might play this weekend,he makes Providence a better team when in the lineup
Don't know much about him other than he was a late round pick and there was one member here who was extremely high on him a yr ago. How would you describe his game and his possibility of one time wearing the crescent B on his chest?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Outside of Mac, He was probably the best D prospect early on Bs camp. Was unbelievable Prospects game. Hoping he gets healthy soon. Unreal what the Bs have for D prospects.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Kid is only 21 and in his first season in NA. He looked good at Dev Camp and preseason until he got the concussion. He has only played 10 AHL games since returning, and you are already saying the B’s should trade him because he’s blocked and losing money. Are you his agent? :laugh:

You need to pump the brakes a little. I assume you are basing your opinion that he’s an NHL player being “blocked” on SHL games you saw last year? Would probably be better if you see what he looks like after a full year of AHL hockey under his belt? I like his game and have high hopes, but even if the B’s did want to move him, he has to prove himself before they can get any sort of reasonable return.

Personally, I hope they hold onto him for a bit and see what he can become. If he and Grizz can continue to develop, the B’s could potentially move on from Krug down the road (if they wanted to).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree don't give up on defense prospect sometimes it take longer for them to delvelop

I feel this way about all prospects. While history tells us it`s not uncommon for kids to take more time learning the D position, I`m not one who thinks a prospect is done if, by the end of their 2nd year they haven`t established a spot on the full time NHL roster.

OT a bit here and not yet any Bruin prospects but off tomorrow to catch the final of the World Junior A challenge in Truro between the USA and Canada West. Was suppose to get down there earlier this week but with the passing of our beloved pooch just couldn`t do it. I know nothing about any player participating but excited to watch some highly talented kids play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad