Bruins looking to beat another HFNHL record

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Boston(AP):

The San Jose Sharks set the HFNHL points record back in the 2001-2002 season - they finished the regular season with 123 pts. The 2005-2006 Boston Bruins are currently sitting at 117 pts., and they have 7 games remaining. GM Krueger is very optimistic that his squad will topple San Jose's 123 pt. record and finish the regular season as the all-time season pts. leader in HFNHL history.

"We've already set the HFNHL record for consecutive wins this year. This squad is capable of breaking the 123 point barrier - if the team continues to play strong, spirited hockey in these last 7 games, I'd bet a keg on it. They play some tough teams in these last 7 games, but I beleive that they'll do it. Most importantly - they believe that they can do it. Coach Burns has done a tremendous job of making this squad one of the most cohesive, team-oriented groups of players in HFNHL history. I am very proud of our players."

7 games. 3 pts. to clinch the 2005-2006 Presidents Trophy. 6 pts. to tie the 2001-2002 Sharks pts. record. 7 pts. to make HFNHL history. While the fans of other teams watch their squads jockey for playoff positions, Bruins fans will be watching their team reach for the record books. And then the final leg of the quest for Lord Stanley begins. Beantown is pumped.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Vaive-Alive said:
Boston(AP):

"We've already set the HFNHL record for consecutive wins this year."

Not to split hairs, but the Columbus Blue Jackets hold the record for consecutive wins, with 18. Boston holds the undefeated streak record, but there was a tie along the way. Sorry.

Still, a truly impressive season, Rob - a remarkable achievement indeed! Tell you what - you win the Eastern Conference Championship, I'll win the Western Conference Championship, and then we can fight it out for the only bragging rights that matter. :yo:

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Ohio Jones said:
Wishing will make it so. At least, that's what I heard! :innocent:

Well its a good race regardless! Although, apparently Sharks fans aren't biting just yet, when I can max out to 13,000 fans a couple weeks before the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way! :cheers: :hockey:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
hockeyisgod said:
Well its a good race regardless! Although, apparently Sharks fans aren't biting just yet, when I can max out to 13,000 fans a couple weeks before the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way! :cheers: :hockey:

That's because of where the previous GM set the ticket prices. Compare, however, your average revenue per game to that of most teams. I don't think you'll mind so much. ;)

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Bruins Capture All-Time HFNHL Pts. Record

With two games left to spare, the Bruins surpassed the San Jose Sharks previous record of 123 pts. by beating the Dallas Stars this evening and acheiving 124 pts.

Awesome.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Vaive-Alive said:
With two games left to spare, the Bruins surpassed the San Jose Sharks previous record of 123 pts. by beating the Dallas Stars this evening and acheiving 124 pts.

Awesome.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Congrats! :yo:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Vaive-Alive said:

Awesome.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Since you have that record wrapped up, I think it would be a safe move to rest your guys the rest of the way. (Says the game who finishes his season against Boston in a game that could settle his division)

here to help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad