Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Leafs, Saturday Feb 24th, 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Sucks Matthews is out but silver lining is getting to see Nylander have another shot at center. I agree I'd rather see Kapanen slot in on his wing over Brown but Kap is still behind Brown in the pecking order so I get it. Still a good opportunity for Kap regardless.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
IMO, fans should call players by their names.
Nicknames are for friends and teammates.
upload_2018-2-23_16-32-37.jpeg

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
IMO, fans should call players by their names.
Nicknames are for friends and teammates.

Depends on the nickname. Take for example Gilmour, I'm pretty sure the nickname killer was for fans and his teammates called him Dougie. Or Mr. hockey and The Great One, I have a hard time seeing their teammates using those either. One of my favourite nicknames of all time was for Tom Henke - The Terminator. Same thing applies there.

If I met Matthews face to face I'd address him as Mr. Matthews. On the internet I think Matts is fine.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Babs please play Leivo instead of Martin

Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Hyman-Nylander-Kappy (SPEED)
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Komarov-Moore-Leivo

Lou, am fine if you trade JVR and Bozak. Future Lou think about the future

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Depends on the nickname. Take for example Gilmour, I'm pretty sure the nickname killer was for fans and his teammates called him Dougie. Or Mr. hockey and The Great One, I have a hard time seeing their teammates using those either. One of my favourite nicknames of all time was for Tom Henke - The Terminator. Same thing applies there.

If I met Matthews face to face I'd address him as Mr. Matthews. On the internet I think Matts is fine.
Those were media invented names(Mr Hockey, Great One, Terminator) but I get what you're saying.
I called Gilmour Doug since I knew him, any other player I just refer to by their last name except for the goalies.
They are always referred to as goalie or backup. IMO, nicknames should be used if your familiar with someone.

When I hear Mats I think Sundin, so that will always be confusing.

Last edited:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Feel bad for both martin and leivo. We could use both. If leivo plays i think we get burned and martin asks for a trade... likewise with leivo.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I'll be at this game tomorrow night, taking my pretty lady to her first NHL game. Pretty upsetting that Matty won't be in but it should be an exciting game.

I'm hoping Nylander and Kapanen are put on a line at some point during this stretch, but I feel like that will never happen with Babs. Unless Nylander proves he can play responsibly at C in the NHL.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'll be at this game tomorrow night, taking my pretty lady to her first NHL game. Pretty upsetting that Matty won't be in but it should be an exciting game.

I'm hoping Nylander and Kapanen are put on a line at some point during this stretch, but I feel like that will never happen with Babs. Unless Nylander proves he can play responsibly at C in the NHL.
I think Nylander looked very strong at center in his last stint. he's got a real knack for hanging onto the puck and controlling the pace of the game from the middle of the ice

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
marleau kadri marner - i mean lines been on fire you cant break it up, will be our 1 line til matthews return
jvr bozak brown - has been good
hyman nylander kapanen
leivo moore leo

go with these lines for minimal change, teams been playing well

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It's always hard to see your best player out of the lineup for any length of time. Hopefully the Leafs take their time with Matthews and let him recover up to 100%

As always other players will be asked to step up. IMO, I think we'll have a great game. We usually step it up against better competition. Looking for big games from Kadri, Rielly, Nylander & Hainsey.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
With Matthews out, the Maple Leafs STILL HAS A #1 line. That sounds so weird, that is true.

Often during this win streak, Kadri's line has been better, night in night out. They are a true #1 line at the moment.

That line has three first round draft choices, with Kadri being the lower choice at the seventh choice.

All eyes will be on Nylander at center. He's going to have a good game, bold prediction right here.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Gonna be tough without Matthews, but we’ve still got a shot. Being at home certainly helps, the Bruins play the matchup game well against us, nice to take that away from them.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I'd feed Bergeron a steady diet of Kadri.
I know me too! That has to be the matchup. If Kadri is on his game he can neutralize Bergy. Enough of him already, I'm sick of it all these years now. Hopefully Kadri can also knock him on his *** a few times. Those momentum changing hits against the Caps in the playoffs @ ACC were a thing of beauty!

Reactions: saffronleaf

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

call him papi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->