GDT: Bruins @ Flames, 2:00 MT, SNET-W

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Did Klimchuk even play? I didn't notice him out there at all.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

Brodie himself knows the goal in OT is on him.

So frustrating when a player who can play so great for the majority of a game make so many boneheaded mistakes at the worst possible times

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The point moves us into a tie with Anaheim for 3rd in the division with the same amount of games played, however LA is only 2 points behind with 2 games in hand. Really hope we can muster up a solid run soon.

Reactions: Sk8M8

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

Gulutzan also hot happy with the turnover(s). Mentions how we dominated the entire OT only to give up one golden chance which resulted in a goal.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Good, Brodie should feel bad. There’s no excuses for that and he needs to clean that up. Brodie is great and does a lot of great things, but that TO is all on him so I hope he starts to play a smarter game.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I mean I’m not too worried. A ton of games left against the teams we’re in close with. We control our own destiny

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Considering the Flames were dominating the Bruins the entire OT and created multiple great chances by doing it, I think it's pretty safe to say that yes, we could've and should've kept doing it
Indeed, and you don't create those chances without making a play to beat a guy, which always carries some level of risk. This was one such play. It's not a boneheaded decision to try the pass, as you can see below how close Nash is to Brodie and how little chance he would have to stop the pass if it wasn't flubbed.... he just flubbed it. Even if it's not an easy play, that's a situation where the most likely way to miss would end up with the puck in the corner. And that's a shame, but it's one mistake among many, many mistakes the team made in today's game. Several guys made mistakes not burying their chances in OT, for instance. But we've done that to teams in OT several times, so it's hard to be that mad about it.

dWZqpl9.jpg

Reactions: Janks

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I mean I’m not too worried. A ton of games left against the teams we’re in close with. We control our own destiny

What does "worry" mean? Giving up? No. Feeling confident? Hell no.

It's 50/50 if we can make it. Probably go down to the final game even if they go on a hot streak. You just cant trust this team.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Flames would have to go 13-8-1 to hit 96pts, assuming that's still the golden number for the playoffs. I don't think it happens. This is a .500 hockey club.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
It's really refreshing to see this team willing to give the youth chances. Janks, Kulak, Rittich, Gillies, Janks, Hrivik, Hathaway, Klimchuk, Mangiapane, Lomberg and Andersson all got games so far this year.

The old Flames would have stuck with guys like Tanner Glass, Andre Roy,

Last edited:

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The Flames have 22 games remaining. Of those 22, 8 (Vegas x3, Dallas, Pittsburgh, San Jose x2, Winnipeg) are against teams that are currently in a playoff spot, 7 (Colorado x2, NYR, NYI, Anaheim, LA, Columbus) against teams that are close to the playoff picture and still have a shot at making it, then they have 7 (Arizona x3, Buffalo, Ottawa, Edmonton x2) against teams that pretty much have no shot of making the playoffs. We just need to make sure we get as many points as possible against the teams we're in competition with (Colorado, Anaheim, LA, San Jose) and take advantage of having 7 games against bottom feeders and I think we'll be in good shape.

Reactions: crackdown44

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
I just don't think this team has it. The sum of the parts is not greater than the whole.

Gio, Johnny, Monahan, Tkachuk, Hamilton, Backlund, Smith, Rittich is the backbone of what should be a very good team but they don't play very well as a team. That falls on the coach, I am sick of the damn excuses. We battled hard, it was one mistake, bad bounces blah blah blah.

We didn't win, end of story. We continue to give away important games because the sum of the parts is less than it should be. I feel like I'm watching a slow train wreck and I'm the only one getting off before the crash. They don't have the extra gear and haven't shown it once this year, they are slow and steady. Problem is when it comes time to turn up the heat slow and steady just doesn't cut it.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
You do know 97 is nothing more than a trivial number that holds no real importance when things like reality are taken into account, right?

It’s generally what the cutoff line for making the playoffs is around. It’s a good indicator of what this team needs to do (approximately) the rest of the way to make it in. Of course positions change based on day-to-day scoreboards but it’s a good number to look at as the big picture of what it’ll take the rest of the way to get in

Reactions: Cyrano

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I just don't think this team has it. The sum of the parts is not greater than the whole.

Gio, Johnny, Monahan, Tkachuk, Hamilton, Backlund, Smith, Rittich is the backbone of what should be a very good team but they don't play very well as a team. That falls on the coach, I am sick of the damn excuses. We battled hard, it was one mistake, bad bounces blah blah blah.

We didn't win, end of story. We continue to give away important games because the sum of the parts is less than it should be. I feel like I'm watching a slow train wreck and I'm the only one getting off before the crash. They don't have the extra gear and haven't shown it once this year, they are slow and steady. Problem is when it comes time to turn up the heat slow and steady just doesn't cut it.

What I feel is off about this team is their inability to complete a pass with any zip on it. Simply put that is the only reason Boston outplayed us yesterday, they skated and completed their passes, we hesitated and hesitated some more into giveaways. I conjecture that the issue is with low intensity practices bleeding into games.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It’s generally what the cutoff line for making the playoffs is around. It’s a good indicator of what this team needs to do (approximately) the rest of the way to make it in. Of course positions change based on day-to-day scoreboards but it’s a good number to look at as the big picture of what it’ll take the rest of the way to get in
I know why he uses it, but pointing out the record we need to reach it is pointless, especially since there are multiple ways to get to that threshold and getting there doesn't actually earn you anything.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I was at the game and thought Tkachuk, Bennett and lazar did well forechecking but the bruins mostly moved the puck out with relative ease. Maybe time to try Bennett at center again for a short time. That would be an interesting line. Jankowski centres 4th line.

Just to shake this team up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad