Boston Bruins Bruins Clinch 2024 Playoff spot - The B's have made the playoffs every year since 2017 the longest streak in the NHL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1711685541473.png

The Boston Bruins have clinched a spot in the 2024 Playoffs presented by Rapid7. Individual tickets for all rounds at TD Garden will go on sale Friday, March 29​

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Dare I say it......we are not celebrating enough :naughty:

In all seriousness, very impressive to make the playoffs with this much time to spare and keep the streak going with this roster coming off the back of an offseason where quite a lot of talent and experience was lost. Well done Bs. Here's hoping it translates into at least a little success in the postseason.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

In all seriousness, very impressive to make the playoffs with this much time to spare and keep the streak going with this roster coming off the back of an offseason where quite a lot of talent and experience was lost. Well done Bs. Here's hoping it translates into at least a little success in the postseason.
It is even more impressive that since 2008 the only 2 years they missed went down to the wire and they were the last team out in 2015 and 2016.

I was worried about Detroit and Buffalo this year but......

Detroit opened their new arena in 2017 and have yet to host a playoff game and Buffalo last hosted a playoff in 2011.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Congrats to the B's for another playoff appearance

..now start rotating players in and out of the lineup to make sure they are healthier and fresh for the playoffs....I would start with Marchand

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It's an accomplishment of which the organization should be proud.

We fans get a little spoiled, complaining when the B's aren't the last team standing in June.

But the reality is, making the playoffs isn't easy; they've just made it look like it is.

I think it's an accomplishment to make the playoffs as much as we have, however our effort in the last few playoff series have been atrocious. I don't want to be the Leafs. Happy just to make the playoffs and that's it. I want the Bruins to be competitive and really try. I don't expect a Cup every year, but when we do make the playoffs, I want to see them leave everything on the ice. Last year vs Florida broke me. I dont care if we lose as long as the effort and heart is there. To me, that an indicator of how this team will go forward.

Technically this is a bridge year, but no excuses. Go out. Play hard. And actually try to go on a run. That's all I ask as a fan. Complacency breeds mediocrity.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The Hockey Gawds are cruel

In my lifetime the Bruins with the exception of 2011 and Toronto games don't have a great record in Game 7's at home.

All I ask every year is for the B's to been invited to the dance and then drop the puck....
That game 7 last year hurts more than the Blues loss. I don't know why, but it does. Maybe because of the team we had? It being Bergeron's last maybe? I guess..I don't know. But those game 7's are just a lot.

Bring the effort. That's all I want.

And stay away from the Presidents trophy! No me gusta! 😂

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We are definitely spoiled and this year is a bonus and speaks volumes as to how well they have put the season together with the holes left in the roster from last season. Many complain about them but I am more than happy with what they have been able to accomplish and it isn't over.

Every fan base has had their hearts broken, there is only one winner every year and there are many casualties along the way. We just know our own heartbreak history better than the rest. The teams that are expected to win it all rarely do, the NHL had to re-do the brackets a couple of years ago because no one got them right! I don't recall that ever happening before.

I'm excited for the playoffs, the heartbreak is part of that, 2011 was the best feeling - it lasted all summer.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
It's a big accomplishment but that's not what it's about for this franchise. 50% of the league makes the play-offs, and for guys like Marchand and McAvoy who are on record the Cup is the only thing to truly celebrate and I fall into that category That being said, it;s also about expectations and opportunity which is why '19 and last year are such a thorn in my side. You have to win when you are supossed too, because those kinds of teams/opportunities don't pop up much. "Expecting" the team to win it all every year would be foolish.

As a fan though it is nice to know you more than likely to have a seat at that table of 16 though, and they provide months and months of entertainment and glad I am a fan of these guys.

Last edited:

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
It is even more impressive that since 2008 the only 2 years they missed went down to the wire and they were the last team out in 2015 and 2016.

I was worried about Detroit and Buffalo this year but......

Detroit opened their new arena in 2017 and have yet to host a playoff game and Buffalo last hosted a playoff in 2011.
Think of all the high end draft picks Buffalo has had and has done squat with them. They have probably been having close to two picks before Boston has had 1 the last 5 years, and they are still terrible. Credit to Sweeney. Sure he makes mistakes, but this ship has been sailing pretty smooth for a long time.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Impressive season, great job by the Bs being in this position without a true #1 center. Get some guys a little bit of rest and please win a couple playoff series.
Many posters expected a 3rd place finish wild card type of season. Now that they have proven they are a top team shouldn't the expectation at minimum be a first round win? I have seen many say "I didn't expect this, so whatever happens in the play-offs...."

I think not winning a round would be a monumental underacheivement for this group.

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Many posters expected a 3rd place finish wild card type of season. Now that they have proven they are a top team shouldn't the expectation at minimum be a first round win? I have seen many say "I didn't expect this, so whatever happens in the play-offs...."

I think not winning a round would be a monumental underacheivement for this group.
If they lose in the first round for a 3rd straight season heads should roll in the front office.

Definitey agreed another first round exit would be disappointing, but that’s a topic for after it happens.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Get to the dance a roll the dice. Last year I had all confidence in them and look how that turned-out (although I still think that they should have beaten Florida when they had them on the ropes, and would have if Ullmark wasn’t hurt and/or Bergy and Krejci didn’t come back and play hurt, and if they had have beaten Florida they would have gone to the Final. Whether they would have beaten Vegas is another story, but a Boston-Vegas Final was pre-ordained by the hockey gods, but the Bruins pissed away their end of the bargain). This year I have little confidence in them, “very little almost nothing”, so we’ll see how this turns out. Just don’t lose to the leafs is all. Go Bruins!!!!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Get to the dance a roll the dice. Last year I had all confidence in them and look how that turned-out (although I still think that they should have beaten Florida when they had them on the ropes, and would have if Ullmark wasn’t hurt and/or Bergy and Krejci didn’t come back and play hurt, and if they had have beaten Florida they would have gone to the Final. Whether they would have beaten Vegas is another story, but a Boston-Vegas Final was pre-ordained by the hockey gods, but the Bruins pissed away their end of the bargain). This year I have little confidence in them, “very little almost nothing”, so we’ll see how this turns out. Just don’t lose to the leafs is all. Go Bruins!!!!
Yeah the best opponent for them to play in the first round is probably the Leafs ,but man if they lose I might have to move to another Province or to the US.lol

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL

Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad