Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Caps, 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Maybe this s/be it's own topic, but this game is just another example. I often spend almost as much time on opposing fans GDTs. You see similar bipolar posts everywhere based on 1-2 good or bad periods/games. Our HC is the worst, etc.

Then this - it almost never fails, especially if Ovi scores a goal/SOG that they'll bring up something along the lines - he'll never win a SC. The O6 fandom w/all their 6 club era SCs seem to be the worst. Been having a fun series of exchanges with a Leafs fan(s) about this lately in the mains.

Oh, I suppose Raymond B was a failure for never leading the Bs to a SC :rolleyes:

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
12 straight
nah, you can call me a pessimist, but winning in shootouts != winning in regulation. nice job, caps, of ending a cool streak
I don't let the playoff losses get to my head, I've managed to move on again. It's just a game, coming home after a long day to watch Caps hockey is usually the best part of my day. Take a seat, open a cold beer and enjoy games. Turn off the TV if it gets too frustrating :)
i've kinda learnt there is a life outside of the caps games - that what all these playoff losses did to me lol. now i'm more relaxed and much less crazy about hockey, so not sure if i would've woken up at 4:30am for a game :)

glad we won the game. it's nice to have a good streak against a team.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
nah, you can call me a pessimist, but winning in shootouts != winning in regulation. nice job, caps, of ending a cool streak

i've kinda learnt there is a life outside of the caps games - that what all these playoff losses did to me lol. now i'm more relaxed and much less crazy about hockey, so not sure if i would've woken up at 4:30am for a game :)

glad we won the game. it's nice to have a good streak against a team.

Didn't we beat them in the shootout last year? Maybe it was in overtime

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Maybe this s/be it's own topic, but this game is just another example. I often spend almost as much time on opposing fans GDTs. You see similar bipolar posts everywhere based on 1-2 good or bad periods/games. Our HC is the worst, etc.

Then this - it almost never fails, especially if Ovi scores a goal/SOG that they'll bring up something along the lines - he'll never win a SC. The O6 fandom w/all their 6 club era SCs seem to be the worst. Been having a fun series of exchanges with a Leafs fan(s) about this lately in the mains.

Oh, I suppose Raymond B was a failure for never leading the Bs to a SC :rolleyes:
I throughly read all oppositions' GT after a win and they always point out on one thing that our top players (particular russians) are lazy, especially ovie, and that's why we won't win the cup. not gonna lie this scares me as i see some truth in their words. i feel like Kuzy still doesn't get how this league operates. like he thinks the game should be played his way and the game actually is played other way. Ovie, unfortunately, isn't a complete player. i just hope he turns it around like Kovalchuk and be a force in the playoffs. That's my two cents

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don't let the playoff losses get to my head, I've managed to move on again. It's just a game, coming home after a long day to watch Caps hockey is usually the best part of my day. Take a seat, open a cold beer and enjoy games. Turn off the TV if it gets too frustrating :)

Me too. For 2-3 hours on game night I can just ignore the rest of the world and watch hockey. It's soothing whether they win or lose. I used to get worked up but as someone who has a class of 30 seven and 8 year olds , getting mad is basically impossible now haha

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I throughly read all oppositions' GT after a win and they always point out on one thing that our top players (particular russians) are lazy, especially ovie, and that's why we won't win the cup. not gonna lie this scares me as i see some truth in their words. i feel like Kuzy still doesn't get how this league operates. like he thinks the game should be played his way and the game actually is played other way. Ovie, unfortunately, isn't a complete player. i just hope he turns it around like Kovalchuk and be a force in the playoffs. That's my two cents

Thing is, other boards were saying the same thing when he was scoring 65 goals. They have nothing else to say about him

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

You just have to learn to laugh off a lot of the bipolar posts. Lots of eye rolling, and when you get good, you can have fun with it. ;)

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The last two games have been February type of intensity. Too bad they both ended in shootouts, but wow have they kept things interesting. Go Caps!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

They're hating. Their guys are lazy too.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
after the home game on sat vs devils the caps have a really good opportunity in january

at Carolina 1/2
vs blues 1/7
vs canucks 1/9
vs carolina 1/11
at Carolina 1/12
capitals bye week
at nj 1/18
vs montreal 1/19
vs philly 1/21
at florida 1/25
vs philly 1/31

whole lot of days off in january to rest up etc. yes every game is a challenge but this should be the month to take off and get some room in standings

especially in the first week or so of february they play at pens, vs vegas, at jackets, vs jackets, at wild, at jets, at hawks

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Good ol' Ovie. Whenever I am fully resigned to the fumble-itis and the fly-by "puck battles" and the cross-ice PP passes leading to counterattack breaks and the missed SO attempts, etc, etc, then suddenly he'll flip a switch and not just score but basically win the damn game by himself.

I would have bet a good chunk of cash against him converting in shootout tonight. And then he pings a perfect dart to the top corner.

We gonna miss that guy one day. For reals.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Can we play against Boston 82 times in the regular season and 16 times in the playoffs?:laugh:
Or maybe, we should forced our opponents to wear a B's jersey every night.

Now I'll go and read bruins board, I'm pretty sure, after that fast start, they thought the streak was over.

Nice response from the team after being down by 2.
It's unfortunate that Bergeron was already on the bench when Caps scored the 3rd goal (would have been the first goal against Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak line 5 on 5 this year)

It's too early to say Oshie lost his confidence in SO attempts?:sarcasm:

unpopular (maybe popular?) opinion: Ovechkin shouldn't be out in overtime

So you want to have the best goal scorer in NHL history in OT to be on the bench?:sarcasm:

--------

@ovikovy817 You have to stay up that late to watch Caps games? I feel bad for you man, being up at 4:30 AM is horrible.

Since few years (4 or even 5) I subscribe annually to the nhl.tv, so the big majority of the regular season games, I watch the first period, and then go to sleep (so it means going to bed @ something like 1:40-1:45 AM)
So if the game starts at 7PM or 7:30PM (1AM 1:30AM for me) I watch the first period live and the rest in the morning.
If the game starts earlier,(afternoon games, or even a 6PM start DC time) I watch the whole game live.
West coast trips games (if games starts at 8PM or later), I watch everything the next day.

Playoff, every game live. Love too much that ****ing team.:laugh:

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Ice cold players
Kuzy
Nisk
Bowey
Bura
Oshie
Who else?

Performing
Eller
DSP
Djoos

In other news, they should convert Bowey to forward. He's automatic turnover in D-zone but suddenly develops skill and good instincts in the O-zone.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I'd add Backstrom and Beagle to ice coldsters and Vrana and Orlov to performers.
Eller is as good a 3rd line center as you can get in the NHL today

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ice cold players
Kuzy
Nisk
Bowey
Bura
Oshie
Who else?

Performing
Eller
DSP
Djoos

In other news, they should convert Bowey to forward. He's automatic turnover in D-zone but suddenly develops skill and good instincts in the O-zone.

Would add Beagle and Carlson to "Ice Cold" (or Underperforming, as I read it) and add Chiasson, Ovechkin, and Vrana to "Performing."

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Ice cold players
Kuzy
Nisk
Bowey
Bura
Oshie
Who else?

Performing
Eller
DSP
Djoos

I dont really agree with Eller performing well. He played well last night but hasnt really played well over the past dozen games or so.
Bowey is having his ups and downs. He is a rookie making rookie mistakes. Converting him to forward isn't the answer. He has to play through it. Playing most of his shifts with Orpik might not be best for him. I'd like to see him with Orlov a bit more.
Djoos is playing OK but he is also making a fair amount of rookie mistakes. I think playing with Carlson has helped him out.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
i've never seen so much whining about literally everything

Yep, the "B's" just don't stand for Bruins. They do a lot of "B@#&%ing" as well in their thread about the referees, what the other team is getting away with, how dirty the other teams players are, yadda yadda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad