Bruins Battle Wings - Wings Run out of Gas, Crowd Riots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Boston: The Bruins served up a loss to the Red Wings in overtime last night in a high scoring match that saw the two conference leading teams battle it out in what was truely a fine win for the Bruins.

The Wings were leading 5-3 going into the 3rd period, but the Bruins turned up the heat and scored two unanswered goals to tie the game and force an overtime period. The Bruins continued to batter and deep-fry the Wings in the OT period until Matthew Barnaby scored the game winner by going top shelf on Niitymaki to the shigrin of the Detroit fans who booed and threw garbage on the ice. "I don't mind the flying Octopi," stated GM Krueger,"but the beer cups and excriment was a little much. I haven't seen that kind of behaviour since the outdoor Baboon Pavillion at African Lion Safari. At least they didn't rip my windshield wipers off." Wings GM Drew Niece could not be reached for comment after the game. The Bruins continue to lead the HFNHL - to the shigrin of all their opponent's fans.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

HFNHL Red Wings

The ever diplomatic and easy going GM Niece (stop laughing Nick and Douglas) responded to Mr Kreugers comments from earlier today.

"We look at last nights game from the positive side as we showed that we can play run and guy hockey with the best of them.
A key figure in the Bruins victory was ex-Wing Bill Guerin and we were not surprised he got up for this game. After all he was rather bitter about having been traded away from such a classy organization as the Red Wings and we figured he would come ready to play. Unfortunately, if Mr. Guerin was looking to put on an audition in the hopes that we would save him from having to play for the Bruins by trading back for him he is mistaken. While Mr. Guerin put on a good one time show, Mark Parrish has been very consistent for our orgamnization including a two point performance last night.
We look forward to our next meeting with the Bruins."

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Guerin Laughs Off Niece's "Audition" comments

HFNHL Red Wings said:
The ever diplomatic and easy going GM Niece (stop laughing Nick and Douglas) responded to Mr Kreugers comments from earlier today.

"We look at last nights game from the positive side as we showed that we can play run and guy hockey with the best of them.
A key figure in the Bruins victory was ex-Wing Bill Guerin and we were not surprised he got up for this game. After all he was rather bitter about having been traded away from such a classy organization as the Red Wings and we figured he would come ready to play. Unfortunately, if Mr. Guerin was looking to put on an audition in the hopes that we would save him from having to play for the Bruins by trading back for him he is mistaken. While Mr. Guerin put on a good one time show, Mark Parrish has been very consistent for our orgamnization including a two point performance last night.
We look forward to our next meeting with the Bruins."

Boston: Bill Guerin laughed off some comments made by Drew Niece, the GM of the Detroit Red Wings, ealier this morning:" Mr. Niece stated that I might have been bitter about being traded to the Bruins. I don't know what prompted him to make such a statement - I love Beantown, and I've been happy since coming here. My numbers haven't been quite as good this year compared to previous years, but I attribute that to the new Virtual World we live in, and not my ability. Afterall, my attribute ratings are still very good, and to be honest - there is very little free-will in our simulated hockey world. I couldn't decide to play well if I wanted to. We the players are but mere pawns in the calculated grand scheme of things. None the less - I like Beantown, and the Bruins are certainly taking it to the machine this year. This bit of code is proud to be a Bruin." After his brief words, Bill Guerin dissolved into a shimmering green transparent human figure that quickly disappeared through an ethernet conduit under the podium.

Bobby Orr
Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->