Dreger: Bruins appear to have the inside track on Edmundson. Toronto and Tampa also interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder what BOS would be willing to pay for Middleton? Signed for one more year at 2.45, is tough, solid defensively, and has improved his offensive game.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Need more snarl...Edmundsun is a good Pker physical big body and a hard canon of shot...fills holes for cheap with 50% retain...could good pairing with Carlo two big towers

Sounds like the Edmondson from a few years ago.

He's had a couple major back procedures since cup final run in 2021. He's not the same player.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Here we are yet again adding at a deadline, our team shows multiple cracks and yet we are still willing to give up assets for meh players to get a round or two into the playoffs. Its like the Jacobs are the owners and only care about getting into the playoffs, not making it to the cup.
oh wait. they did this exact thing in the 90s.
They’re second in the league despite going through a rough patch right now.

When do you ever see a team sell in that position?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I wonder what BOS would be willing to pay for Middleton? Signed for one more year at 2.45, is tough, solid defensively, and has improved his offensive game.

I heard that Guerin is more inclined to keep Middleton than deal him.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
This was posted:
Would Edmundson be a massive upgrade for the B's? No, not at all. But he would provide solid depth on the left side of the blue line and another penalty killer. He also would be a slight upgrade over Derek Forbort, based on the way the B's defenseman has played of late.

So, is a slight upgrade needed on the backend? Another UFA? Are we resigning Forbort and Grzelcyk? The Bruins are very short on draft capital. Perhaps it's time to move UFAs for some picks and see if you can use some of your prospects to upgrade the spots needed with players and term.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Between Him and Carlo I don't know who I would rather get rid of at this point.
they have both been terrible, AHL quality.

8 hits behind McAvoy and 7 blocks behind. Also tied for highest +/- with Lindholm. Might as well send those 2 guys down with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad