Bruce Cassidy succeeds with line shuffling. Any other line shuffling that has worked?

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Kudos to Cassidy. He out-coached Babcock again.

Now he has Pastrnak firing on all cylinders as well. I still say that Columbus is going to beat Boston in rd 2 though. Will be a much more competitive series than the leafs were.

Damn, I wish I had your confidence (or reverse jinx?). The series is tied.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Not sure why you are praising Cassidy. Both of Pasta’s goal came off his regular linemates...

Because Tavares's line did pretty well limiting the Bergeron line for 2 of the first 3 games and last night they dominated. 60+ corsi for against Tavares, Muzzin, Marner, etc. Heinen fits well there and it freed up Pasta from Muzzin, who has been very effective against him. It was a good move. He also put him back out there with 63 and 37 when it was advantageous to do so. Definitely a move that paid off.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I'm confused. Haven't it worked after Pastrnak was REUNITED with Bergeron and Marchand? So where's the genius in that?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Yes but also Marchand scored the tap in and Chara scored the gwg when Heinen was on the ice and not Pasta
Great. So now the only thing you have to do is to find a logical connection between Marchand and Chara scoring, and the fact that Pastrnak wasn't on the ice. I'm curious how are you gonna do it.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
David Pastrnak and Heinen switch worked very nicely yesterday

I think it confused Babcock/Leafs just enough

produced goals for the 1st line (Heinen in the mix for both goals) and Pasta had 2 goals (though it was thanks to Marchand mainly)

Any other lineup shuffling (not the same as regular season or after game 2-4) that has made a difference for your team or opponent?

It's worked for one game so far. Still lots of series to play.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Will they shuffle their lines? Apparently some Leaf fans/media is upset Nylander is stuck on the third line

It's more his wingers than him being on the 3rd line. Yes it'd be nice to see him on Matthews wing, but I'm ok with him being 3rd line centre. I'd like to see Moore in Marleau's place on Nyalnder's wing.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If I am Cassidy, I am looking to exploit Nylander who has moved over from the wing to #3C. Bergeron, Krejci, Coyle take your pick. This is the obvious miss match with Kadri taking himself out of the series that the Bruins can take advantage of.

Except that Nylander was the Leafs best forward last night. He dominated his competition at center. Not his fault Marleau can't handle a pass anymore and Brown can't hit an open net.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Except that Nylander was the Leafs best forward last night. He dominated his competition at center. Not his fault Marleau can't handle a pass anymore and Brown can't hit an open net.
Nylander always seems to be the best fwd statistically except when it comes to real production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad