Rumor: Brouwer Trade?

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
The only team I could think of possibly wanting him is St. Louis, who seemed to love him. But they're super tight against the cap

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Be still my heart.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I don't know who this guy is, though, so I'm a little curious as to the legitimacy of such a rumour. I'm hopeful, but until I hear something from someone Calgary based or a legitimate analyst/insider, I'm not holding my breath.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There's a club statement.

Then there's an insider confirmation.

Then there's an insider giving a rumour.

Then there's an insider speculating.

Then there's this.

So I'm not getting too excited.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Then there's an insider confirmation.

Then there's this.

There's no need for your logic on these boards.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Despite his Twitter account looking like a nobody Dhaliwal is actually pretty damn good. He's called a lot of things in the past I'm getting excited.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
283186-19.jpg

Dhaliwal has legit connections with the Canucks. So, please please please please please please

Actually though, getting rid of Brouwer likely entails giving up a good prospect to get it done. Kind of torn on that.

Reactions: Johnny GODreau

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I feel like this is someone that's heard Brouwer is being shopped and interpreted that as Brouwer trade is imminent.

Wideman was "being shopped" for almost two seasons; we saw how that turned out.

Wouldn't actually be all that surprised if Benning inquired about Brouwer, and Treliving turned him down. Despite his reputation on this board Flames management seems to really like Brouwer.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Despite his Twitter account looking like a nobody Dhaliwal is actually pretty damn good. He's called a lot of things in the past I'm getting excited.
Can you link to any of these things he's called? This is the first time I've heard of the guy, so I'm curious about what he has actually called.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

Then there's an insider tweet.

Then there's this.

Probably just looking for follows from people searching Twitter for Flames-related stuff in the wake of the Jagr signing.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Probably just looking for follows from people searching Twitter for Flames-related stuff in the wake of the Jagr signing.

There are much easier ways for him to do that if that is all he is after.

I think as mentioned above the most likely scenario is Brad trying to move him with Jagr on board and it is more of a shopping situation then an actual deal being close.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Can you link to any of these things he's called? This is the first time I've heard of the guy, so I'm curious about what he has actually called.
Cant link cause on my phone but I remember him calling the kulak signing earlier in the day that it happened, also called Bouma signing with Chicago. He has connection within the Vancouver organization so I'm not too sure how he would know much about brouwer though.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Wouldn't actually be all that surprised if Benning inquired about Brouwer, and Treliving turned him down. Despite his reputation on this board Flames management seems to really like Brouwer.

That'd make me pretty angry. Regardless of whether you like him or not, with the Jagr signing he's now our 4RW. Being given an opportunity to escape from a 4.5 million dollar contract for a fourth liner is a no-brainer even given Brouwer's leadership.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That'd make me pretty angry. Regardless of whether you like him or not, with the Jagr signing he's now our 4RW. Being given an opportunity to escape from a 4.5 million dollar contract for a fourth liner is a no-brainer even given Brouwer's leadership.

I don't disagree but you could make similar arguments about Stajan and I think most people would agree management moving him is unlikely for similar reasons.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I don't disagree but you could make similar arguments about Stajan and I think most people would agree management moving him is unlikely for similar reasons.

Sure, but Stajan isn't nearly as overpaid and is in the last year of his deal. Brouwer's contract is likely one of the worst league-wide (if he plays like last year), Stajan's really is not awful in the grand scheme of things. One would be nice to get rid of, one you more or less have to as a GM.

Besides, it's a moot point because we're trading Stajan to Columbus for Anderson ;)

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I don't know how to imbed tweets but off the top of my head he's gotten:

Franson PTO
Bouma to Chicago
Vanek signing
MDZ signing
Glass PTO
Horvat contact (might've broken first but he confirmed it early)

He's very connected with Vancouver and players born there. At the very least I don't think he's an Eklund type to just throw stuff at a wall and see if it sticks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad