Brooklyn Brawler and The others

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
How much money did the jobbers saw for their performance?
It would depend on what roll they had. The guys who you'll remember will probably get a decent pay day and regular work, but the no-name local guys probably just got like $100 for the night and never seen again.

WWE still do it today. Every TV show they do they'll have a group of local indy guys on standby for use on the show. Usually it's not to do matches, but to play security guards that get roughed up or backstage guys who get tossed about by a monster. It's far easier using wrestlers for stuff like that than doing anything else. Not sure what they pay now, but most guys will probably do it for the experience more than anything.

There are some fun bits of WWE where you have things like Sheamus and Barrette as security guards before they were signed. The Hardy Boyz and door openers for entrance.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
It would depend on what roll they had. The guys who you'll remember will probably get a decent pay day and regular work, but the no-name local guys probably just got like $100 for the night and never seen again.

WWE still do it today. Every TV show they do they'll have a group of local indy guys on standby for use on the show. Usually it's not to do matches, but to play security guards that get roughed up or backstage guys who get tossed about by a monster. It's far easier using wrestlers for stuff like that than doing anything else. Not sure what they pay now, but most guys will probably do it for the experience more than anything.

There are some fun bits of WWE where you have things like Sheamus and Barrette as security guards before they were signed. The Hardy Boyz and door openers for entrance.

And CM Punk holding a tommy gun during Cena's chicago WM entrance.

DDP drove a pink Cadillac to the ring for HTM I think if I am not mistaken.

You never know one of those guys Brock/Braun were tossing around could be the next Austin :naughty::naughty:

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I remember B Brian Blair was a complete jobber.

I was shocked when they brought him back as a member of The Killer Bees.

Jessee Ventura in an interview segment said to him you career up to now consisted of your lying on your back and you could see that Blair was upset by this comment. I just could never take Blair as a legit competitor after his playing the scrub. Iron Sheik has had some funny moments w him too.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I remember B Brian Blair was a complete jobber.

I was shocked when they brought him back as a member of The Killer Bees.

Jessee Ventura in an interview segment said to him you career up to now consisted of your lying on your back and you could see that Blair was upset by this comment. I just could never take Blair as a legit competitor after his playing the scrub. Iron Sheik has had some funny moments w him too.
Break his back and make him humble!!!

Also I just want to say I love your user name. The man who only ate Spaghetti-O's, what a character he was!

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
honky tonk man is my guess. pink caddy and all.

Yep! DDP was the driver of the pink Cadillac during Rhythm & Blues' (the short-lived tag team of Honky Tonk Man & Greg Valentine) WrestleMania 6 ring entrance.

htm_wm6.jpg

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Yep! DDP was the driver of the pink Cadillac during Rhythm & Blues' (the short-lived tag team of Honky Tonk Man & Greg Valentine) WrestleMania 6 ring entrance.

htm_wm6.jpg

It was Dallas's car which is why he got to do it.

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
Jim Powers for me. I remember a competitive match he had with Michaels on VHS which was pretty great.

Powers was in that small group of underneith guys that you think might win a match or two (Paul Roma and Lanny Poffo were also in that group) but yet I don't recall them ever beating anyone signifigant , except Roma did rise up a little and his tag team with Hercules was actually pretty decent but it was hard to buy him as anything that could win a big match.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Powers, Leapin' Lanny, etc. were what they call "jobbers to the stars". Some were more prolific than others through the years, but they were a level above pure jobbers that they seemed to select from the bus station each morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad