Value of: Brock Nelson

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
My offer to Colorado would be
Nelson (6M) & Aho (875K)
for
2024 1st and 3rd, Johansen (4M cap dump), C-Ritchie, LW/RW - O'Conner (1M)

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
There are two types of Nelson to Colorado deals I can imagine: the simple Nelson for futures, or a blockbuster (not involving star players, but a lot of pieces). The latter seems incredibly unlikely.

What I don't see is NYI taking Johansen back. If that's what COL needs, NYI should deal Nelson elsewhere, or keep him. They can always deal him next year. They wouldn't be able to deal Johansen's contract. It's a non-starter.

I don't see Byram being a good bet for NYI. If he stays healthy & breaks out, NYI will be in a tough spot with Dobson + Byram contract negotiations happening at the same time.

Last, I think Johansen and Nelson would work really well as linemates.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
There are two types of Nelson to Colorado deals I can imagine: the simple Nelson for futures, or a blockbuster (not involving star players, but a lot of pieces). The latter seems incredibly unlikely.

What I don't see is NYI taking Johansen back. If that's what COL needs, NYI should deal Nelson elsewhere, or keep him. They can always deal him next year. They wouldn't be able to deal Johansen's contract. It's a non-starter.

I don't see Byram being a good bet for NYI. If he stays healthy & breaks out, NYI will be in a tough spot with Dobson + Byram contract negotiations happening at the same time.

Last, I think Johansen and Nelson would work really well as linemates.

If only the salary cap didnt make things quite vexing.

Reactions: saintunspecified

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I would have done the Jets 1st, Lucius and Stanley and given the same conditional 3 rd that they gave in the Monahan deal.

This guy has to be the most uninteresting player in the league.
I’d still take uninteresting on my team any day.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I would have done the Jets 1st, Lucius and Stanley and given the same conditional 3 rd that they gave in the Monahan deal.

I’d still take uninteresting on my team any day.
Mayfield and Logan Stanley? More is not always better with bottom pairing defenders. Also, the Islanders don’t do well with guys that have those unique names. Kieffer didn’t work out, Olivier isn’t doing too well himself so I’m not sure Chaz will either. Looking for a highly touted prospect named Connor instead. They’re the flavor of the league these days.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I could see Colorado making Byram available if they can offload Johansen in the same deal. Avs need a 2C but also need to have enough cap room next year when Landeskog returns. The problem is both NYI and COL are right against the cap so it would probably have to be either a 3-way deal or equal money in and out this season.

Maybe something like this as a base?
Byram (3.85M) + Johansen (4M)
For
Nelson (6M) + Rielly (1M)
Byram isn't available

• Love
Reactions: McJedi

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Real good player. Feels like someone you trade as a rental though. So 365 days from today.

He’s too important to their club today.

He is a very good player, and he is extremely important to the isles. He is the 2nd line. Puts up points with awful wingers and is a good 2 way player. I would still look into moving him though. The team needs a major shakeup. His value will never be higher and it gives the team some cap space in the offseason. The isles need to get younger.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He is a very good player, and he is extremely important to the isles. He is the 2nd line. Puts up points with awful wingers and is a good 2 way player. I would still look into moving him though. The team needs a major shakeup. His value will never be higher and it gives the team some cap space in the offseason. The isles need to get younger.
Have you looked at the offers being flung out for him? A late first and another franchise’s equivalent to at best, a middle 6 forward in the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad