Brock Bradford lighting up the BCHL at 16!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
HabLover said:
The kid is small but he's putting up better numbers in the BCHL than Dan Bertram is in the AJHL.

Bradford currently has 22g - 21a - 43pts in 29 games.

The kid looks like a star and is playing like one!

That is damn impressive, anyone have any info on his game style and physical stature?

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
I've never seen so many posts about a kid playing in the BCHL.

Yes, Brock is a very talented player but let's set a few things straight...

• He had the chance to go to the 'dub this year but felt he wasn't physically ready (will he ever feel he is?)
  • He is still considering the NCAA route... which for a player like him he might be best off

And 5' 10" 161 lbs. is REALLY pushing it for him.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Schlep Rock said:
I've never seen so many posts about a kid playing in the BCHL.

Yes, Brock is a very talented player but let's set a few things straight...

• He had the chance to go to the 'dub this year but felt he wasn't physically ready (will he ever feel he is?)
  • He is still considering the NCAA route... which for a player like him he might be best off

And 5' 10" 161 lbs. is REALLY pushing it for him.

So probably 5'9 and maybe 155 lbs. Sounds like a prime candidate to possibly become the next Comrie/Cammalleri/Tambellini at Michigan. :)

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
AJ1982 said:
So probably 5'9 and maybe 155 lbs. Sounds like a prime candidate to possibly become the next Comrie/Cammalleri/Tambellini at Michigan. :)

So Matt Francis (a legit 5' 10", 175 lbs.) with 43 points (12-31) is the next Comrie/Cammalleri/Tambellini of college hockey because he has great numbers?

Funkymoses

Schlep Rock said:
So Matt Francis (a legit 5' 10", 175 lbs.) with 43 points (12-31) is the next Comrie/Cammalleri/Tambellini of college hockey because he has great numbers?

If he's a tiny guy from Canada who goes to Michigan and lights up the NCAA, well, yeah. My pick for the next Comrie/Cammalleri/Tambellini is Cogliano, but that's just me.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Schlep Rock said:

No, because he's too old, about 20. Comrie, Cammy and Tambellini all went to Michigan as true freshman (18 years old). Cammalleri actually went a year early I believe (at 17).

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
AJ1982 said:
No, because he's too old, about 20. Comrie, Cammy and Tambellini all went to Michigan as true freshman (18 years old). Cammalleri actually went a year early I believe (at 17).

Actually Matt is 18 (just turned 18 this past September).

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
not a knock on this kid...

but why is it that crosby puts up 60 points in 29 games in the Q and people rant and rave about how the Q is inferior...and then this kid, at the same age, scores 43 points in 29 games a level below and he deserves praise??

why aren't the people that try to discredit crosby doing the same??

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
NYR469 said:

but why is it that crosby puts up 60 points in 29 games in the Q and people rant and rave about how the Q is inferior...and then this kid, at the same age, scores 43 points in 29 games a level below and he deserves praise??

Actully 72 pts in 30 games.

Funkymoses

whlfanatic said:
Ok hello this is about Brock Bradford. He has one of his best friends in Reid Jorgensen in Kamloops and their other linemate and friend from the Burnaby Winter Club Kris Chucko's rights belong to Kamloops as well so who knows they could be reunited next season.

Chucko's being recruited by Michigan... can you tell me more about him?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
whlfanatic said:
He's also being recruited by Kamloops, theres a couple factors that may push him there.

duane, c'mon man, give it up!! Neither Bradford or Chucko are going to the Blazers! It doesn't matter if Jorgensen is there or not!

WCHA Fan

Mar 15, 2002
Schlep Rock said:
Chucko is an NCAA kid... sorry

What schools is Chucko interested in? The only schools I've heard so far are North Dakota and Michigan. Are there any others?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
NYR469 said:

Bradford had 5 assists tonight against Langley. Not too bad!

Avery4Byng*

I saw Bradford play when they were in Penticton earlier this year. Good little player and I mean little. skates like the wind doesnt get involved physically that much..... Looks ot me like a true NCAA player, soory dua... i mean kamloops fans. I havent seen Chucko this year and I dont remember him at all from last year so cant comment on him..

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
WCHA Fan said:
What schools is Chucko interested in? The only schools I've heard so far are North Dakota and Michigan. Are there any others?

I've heard a lot of rumors on schools that are interested in him but not sure where his interest stands w/them.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Figured it was time to add to this old thread.

Bradford ended up with these stats, not to shabby for an 87 born player.

2003-04 Coquitlam Express BCHL 57 36 49 85 20

Any word yet as to what his plans are?

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
NYR469 said:

1. Nobody (sane) knocked talking about Crosby - they just objected to the "second coming" predictions. Seen anyone make the same wild ass predictions about Bradford (or Bertram or Brule or any of the other great 87 prospects)???

2. You have a problem with talking about someone other than Crosby??

If you are not interested, leave the thread to those who are. Bradford (and Bertram and Brule and a bunch of other 87s) deserve some attention. We are now about a year away from their draft.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
chaachie12 said:
by the way, Chucko commited to Minnesota.

Where will Zajac play next year? And why, at his age, is Zajac still in the BCHL? Did he have the opportunity to go to dub, but passed for the NCAA? And if so, why didn't he go to the NCAA last year? He's 19 I believe...

Any further insights on either Chucko's or Zajac's potential would also be appreciated...

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Where will Zajac play next year? And why, at his age, is Zajac still in the BCHL? Did he have the opportunity to go to dub, but passed for the NCAA? And if so, why didn't he go to the NCAA last year? He's 19 I believe...

Any further insights on either Chucko's or Zajac's potential would also be appreciated...

Zajac is going to North Dakota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad