Hutton Briesbois
Juolevi Stretcher

Demko
Dipietro

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Is it McDavid coming back? No? Because he is the only player that tracked at a better pace in his first games.

I use no hyperbole here in that his scoring pace, his ELC, his role on this team and his value in contrast to other positions on this team (D or C) make all but untouchable.

There is nothing anyone in their right mind could offer for him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Boeser is untouchable, or should be. A pure goal scorer at his age would theoretically be worth a young #1D straight up, but Vancouver has a gem and they should be laughing themselves silly if anybody comes calling about him.

Reactions: Kcb12345

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Keep him thank you very much hes our future:

Pettersson Gaudette Boeser
Dahlen Horvat Lind
Gadlodich Sutter Lockwood
Goldy Gaunce Virtanen/Megna

Dahlin Tanev
Hutton Briesbois
Juolevi Stretcher

Demko
Dipietro
Goldobin on the 4th line lol

If anything the lines would be

Dahlen - Pettersson - Boeser

Goldobin / Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Goldobin / Baertschi - Gaudette - Lind

FlyRoutine

Aug 4, 2012
Is it McDavid coming back? No? Because he is the only player that tracked at a better pace in his first games.

I use no hyperbole here in that his scoring pace, his ELC, his role on this team and his value in contrast to other positions on this team (D or C) make all but untouchable.

There is nothing anyone in their right mind could offer for him.

What have you done...
Angry Leafs fans incoming in 3..2..1..

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Unless it's a trade involving McDavid, Matthews, or Laine, I would say HELL NO to trading Boeser!

Boeser is a core player and someone you keep at almost all costs.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
I agree the Canucks definitely shouldn't trade him but that's straight up not true.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
lol seriously?

the kid isnt OV, who is literally the only guy to do that in decades

He is on pace for 44 goals. This is between 40-50 goals, like I said. He may fall off pace, but this is what he is tracking currently.

Reactions: Grub

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I agree the Canucks definitely shouldn't trade him but that's straight up not true.

That little tidbit is flashed on the screen at least once a period. I didn't think it was obscure enough to reference even. When I get home I'll crunch the numbers then.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
So you want to trade a rookie who is the only form of consistent scoring amongst a pile of forwards who can't score worth their contracts right now and is in the Calder race because we'll maybe draft Svechnikov and Pettersson will maybe play wing ?

Here's a idea why don't we try to have legit scoring depth on our team ?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
The sample size is far too small to be making these suggestions at his worth.

Next season he could have 5 goals all year..who knows...I think his true value is when he provides year to year consistency. Trading him or trading for him, right now, would be a gamble.

DonM

May 18, 2015
That little tidbit is flashed on the screen at least once a period. I didn't think it was obscure enough to reference even. When I get home I'll crunch the numbers then.

Ovi: 24 G/ 37GP
Boeser: 20G / 37 GP

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Depending on the next draft plus all the prospects on the way it could make Brock Boeser expendable on the Canucks, so if that happens then what's the best offer you would make from your team to get him?
lock this up. Still amazes me that over the same amount of games Brock hs more goals and points He had like 2 fewer ppints then McDavid when the stat was put up. Ignorant fans give the guy his respect

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ovi: 24 G/ 37GP
Boeser: 20G / 37 GP

Overall points, and the way they framed it tonight is points in their first 30/31/32/33 games as he scores. And to be honest, they've only been comparing rookies from the last decade or so.

Would you feel better if amended my statement to "Is it McDavid? Because McDavid is the only player in the last decade to score points at as fast rate in their first season"?

And even by the numbers you posted....still though.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
This was clearly a troll bait deflection post as some of you suggested. What he did wrong.

1. Should have commented on how some other player in the league is as good as Boeser, better or similar. This is to gain a neutral trust and understanding, makes other posters more comfortable coming into the situation.

2. Reasoning: If your reasoning to trade
Boeser was because we might get Svech and Petterson is coming up you might as well be saying to the whole world: "I'm a Troll, shoot me Now!" Your reasoning needs to be more thought of.

3. Proof-read... Proof read and then Proof read. Can't stress this enough. If you think that your own fan base would cringe at your thread (like I am right now) then most likely you've failed.

You might have got the comments that you wanted, but you got caught. Cat in the headlights. It takes art what you did here was butcher the art.

- Ex-professional troll

DonM

May 18, 2015
Overall points, and the way they framed it tonight is points in their first 30/31/32/33 games as he scores. And to be honest, they've only been comparing rookies from the last decade or so.

Would you feel better if amended my statement to "Is it McDavid? Because McDavid is the only player in the last decade to score points at as fast rate in their first season"?

And even by the numbers you posted....still though.

Ovi was further ahead on points than on goals. Either way, Boeser is a beast, just wanted to clarify. Vancouver would be dumb to trade him for anything reasonable.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->