Player Discussion Brock Boeser | "Back" in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Kesler was a pretty good player but he was no superstar and you may remember that he ultimately bolted for the States once he realized that this team wasn't going to lead him to a Cup (and screwed us while doing so). I absolutely guarantee that if we play hardball with Boeser he will walk. The Canucks are the least desirable NHL location amongst good players since the Quebec Nordiques. We simply HAVE to overpay to retain our elite prospects/players. Who here wants to re-live the 80's? Not me...
If Boeser wanted to walk he could have done it a year ago, and Vancouver's management has already treated him as well as anyone. This time he will be an RFA without arbitration rights. The Canucks will also match any offer sheet and if they don't, they have the de facto top prospect pool heading into next season, so cementing that fact for the five years by giving their scouting staff four more first round picks is fine by me.

In the meantime, the Canucks will use the salaries of both Bo Horvat and the exiting Sedins as reference points within the team's current salary structure in negotiating a long-term deal with Boeser. I fully anticipate he signs midway through next season assuming he returns to form.

6x$7.5m, I doubt the Canucks go higher without getting eight years.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Im thinking 70-75 pts next season

Something like 39 goals 33 assists

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
If Boeser wanted to walk he could have done it a year ago, and Vancouver's management has already treated him as well as anyone. This time he will be an RFA without arbitration rights. The Canucks will also match any offer sheet and if they don't, they have the de facto top prospect pool heading into next season, so cementing that fact for the five years by giving their scouting staff four more first round picks is fine by me.

In the meantime, the Canucks will use the salaries of both Bo Horvat and the exiting Sedins as reference points within the team's current salary structure in negotiating a long-term deal with Boeser. I fully anticipate he signs midway through next season assuming he returns to form.

6x$7.5m, I doubt the Canucks go higher without getting eight years.

Boeser cannot sign an offersheet

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I don't even know why he'd be on Injured Reserve to begin with. There's no roster limit after the deadline and the only real purpose of normal IR is to open up a roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad