Player Discussion Brock Boeser | "Back" in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
How many points will Boeser need to win the Calder.... would 30 and 30 for 60 points do it?

I would think that would do it. Wild card is Sergachev though. If Serg clears 45ish points Brock would probably need an even bigger scoring edge.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
That list is hella impressive through the first 6 names and then just dies on the last two.

Off topic but I remember you and poster Ahmon pumping him up in the 2015 draft threads. Props. With Tolvanen looking like the real deal USHL is a really underrated league and has been pumping a lot of talent out lately.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Off topic but I remember you and poster Ahmon pumping him up in the 2015 draft threads. Props. With Tolvanen looking like the real deal USHL is a really underrated league and has been pumping a lot of talent out lately.

Appreciate that someone remembers ;) but tbh I never expected he’d be this good this soon. I just really liked his shot and puck possession game and figured it would transfer well to the NHL game. If I knew he’d be this good I’d have hyped him up a helluva lot more lol

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Appreciate that someone remembers ;) but tbh I never expected he’d be this good this soon. I just really liked his shot and puck possession game and figured it would transfer well to the NHL game. If I knew he’d be this good I’d have hyped him up a helluva lot more lol
Very humble. Great prediction! :)

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
It's nice to think about how much better he could be if this team had a playmaking center and a high end offensive defenseman. He should finish his rookie season with 30+ goals but could push 40+ in future seasons if you surround him with the right pieces.

Reactions: travis scott

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Donald Audette was a very good player. I do; however, understand the sentiment of what you are saying.

Oh I remember Audette and I would classify him more as a "good" player (scorer) than "very good". He was that small, speedy winger that could score some goals but was always sort of a "second tier" type guy. Sort of like a Baertschi-level (not style) player back in the day. He and Dionne definitely stand out like a sore thumb on that list of stars and HOFers.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Oh I remember Audette and I would classify him more as a "good" player (scorer) than "very good". He was that small, speedy winger that could score some goals but was always sort of a "second tier" type guy. Sort of like a Baertschi-level (not style) player back in the day. He and Dionne definitely stand out like a sore thumb on that list of stars and HOFers.

That's fair. He was a good support player.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

The USHL seems to be a low-scoring league in general, which is why guys who "just" score a point-per-game there (and then move on to blow up a different league) seem to be consistently underrated.

30 goals in a draft season in the USHL is a pretty big accomplishment.

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017
35+ goals would be a massive achievement. I expect he'll go through a bit of a rough patch without Horvat and when his shooting % levels out.

Predicting 32 goals.

People keep saying his shooting % will level out but its been steady at 20% for a month and half. Not saying it won't but man he rarely misses from 30 ft in.

I do agree with your prediction tho, without horvat he might struggle a bit. He's kind of the only scoring threat on the team right now, he won't get a lot of space.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
That's fair. He was a good support player.

Oh for sure. I remember he had a really good rookie season the same year as Bure but never really took the next step to becoming a top end scorer. Brings back memories for sure.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Can anyone make a youtube video of all Boesers goal thus far? Would be nice.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver

Ya, I was really high on Boeser as well. Loved his shot/goal scoring instincts. Actually was high on all of Connor/Boeser/White that year.

Regarding Boeser, he's going to be a premier goal scorer in this league largely due to his hockey sense.

It's the difference between Virtanen/Tippett/Gauthier and Boeser/Forsberg/Toffoli type goal-scoring prospects.

Oliver Wahlstrom is another prospect for the 2018 draft that will fall into the latter group of prospects IMO.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
Been thinking about who he reminds me. The answer to that is, Tarasenko. Dunno, i just get the same vibe from him when i watch him play as i do when i see Tarasenko.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
People keep saying his shooting % will level out but its been steady at 20% for a month and half. Not saying it won't but man he rarely misses from 30 ft in.

I do agree with your prediction tho, without horvat he might struggle a bit. He's kind of the only scoring threat on the team right now, he won't get a lot of space.

Its a hot streak. Most players, in the top 15 goals scored with 30 games played last year, were finding net at 20% or close.

Oshie is the only one who stayed at +20 at the end of the year (and keeps at it this year).
We are all still waiting for his weird stats to normalize. He defies us. We don't know what to do. Send help.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax

Well, here's the thing.

To score at an elite pace he is going to have to shoot more, and when he shoots more, the shots are going to be presumably of a lower quality. It's kind of simplistic to look at shooting % and simply say he's been lucky and he is going to be less lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->