Broadcast schedule for the draft???

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
What date is the NHL Draft?

I know NBA Draft is June 28th.

Can someone tell me when the NHL draft is?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
MaDdY said:
What date is the NHL Draft?

I know NBA Draft is June 28th.

Can someone tell me when the NHL draft is?

Saturday 24th at 6PM(EST)/3PM(PST)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Slabber Chops said:
Any radio coverage??

no clue, although i would guess XM might broadcast it if you have that since they have an NHL channel. Beyond that you might try canadian sport radio channels(very unlikely though).

http://www.team1040.ca/ is the vancouver sports radio station that broadcasts the canucks, my guess is if any broadcast the draft it would be them.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Is it on TSN in Canada or is TSN carrying the OLN feed?

I can't imagine the draft not being televised in Canada, so I'm assuming that's how it will go down but any confirmation would be great.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
salostyle said:
Is it on TSN in Canada or is TSN carrying the OLN feed?

I can't imagine the draft not being televised in Canada, so I'm assuming that's how it will go down but any confirmation would be great.

I assume TSN would be showing it and OLN and TSN will do a "joint caliberation" of the draft together although most of the main people on the draft will be TSN people.

The Fact that the draft is at 6PM actually works for TSN because the world cup games will be over for that day(since Germany is 6 hours ahead of us).

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
from tsn.ca:

"Who will go first - Johnson, Kessel, Toews or Staal? TSN has live coverage of the much-anticipated 2006 NHL Entry Draft on Saturday, June 24 beginning at 6pm et/3pm pt and continuing right through the first round. Also, NHL Network will simulcast TSN’s NHL Entry Draft broadcast, and will produce additional coverage following the first round. James Duthie will host the coverage from Vancouver with Gord Miller, Bob McKenzie and Pierre McGuire, who will provide interviews, analysis and commentary throughout the selection process."

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Naru said:
How long does it take to do the first round in draft? It'll be starting at 11pm here, not sure how long I'm going to be awake for it.

Probably 3 hous give or take 30 minutes.

sandro98

Jan 11, 2003
Austria
Visit site
live-stream?

Does anyone now if tsn.ca will stream the draft on their homepage? Last year was a live-stream on nhl.com. Will they air it this year again?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
sandro98 said:
Does anyone now if tsn.ca will stream the draft on their homepage? Last year was a live-stream on nhl.com. Will they air it this year again?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Im sure they will on NHL.com or ESPN or even TSN.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
LAKings.com has a bunch of streaming draft material planned including live draft pick updates, live trade updates, interviews with Kings' staff and picks, photos of the draft floor/war room/etc., and a blog by the director of amateur scouting.

For Kings' fans and non-Kings' fans who want a backstage look alike I guess :)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Naru said:
How long does it take to do the first round in draft? It'll be starting at 11pm here, not sure how long I'm going to be awake for it.

Actually, it is starting at midnight. Time difference to Vancouver is 9 hours... 3PM + 9 hours = midnight :)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Predatore said:
Actually, it is starting at midnight. Time difference to Vancouver is 9 hours... 3PM + 9 hours = midnight :)
actually swede boy, the draft starts 7 am sunday morning... here in korea

King of Kelvington

Aug 3, 2002
stocker said:
First round should only be about 2 hours.

TSN has booked 6pm-10pm eastern on my TV guide...unless there doing 2 hours of analysis...no preshow stuff either??? what a disapointment. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->