Great Britain: British players abroad

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Liam Stewart has joined Alaska Aces. Scored in their first pre-season game again Missouri from whom he had just been traded.

Danmark

May 5, 2014
Any news about how - Samuel Duggan, Kieran Brown, Richard Krogh and some of the other talents have progressed so far this season? :)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Any news about how - Samuel Duggan, Kieran Brown, Richard Krogh and some of the other talents have progressed so far this season? :)

Sam Duggan has been a leading scorer in his J18 division while captaining the Orebro J18 squad.

He scored his first J20 game yesterday:
https://twitter.com/RasmusSenator/status/655350693709160448

Last I checked Krogh had 3 points in 9 games with Lugano U17 but I don't have any more info than that.

Brown had a good showing at a T1EHL tournament in Dallas but again, I don't have any more info than that.

blair3

Oct 6, 2009
Matt LaFrance seems to have put up a few points in the Swedish under 18 league too (one league down from Duggan I believe).

Anybody know how these guys have been given the chance to play in such good leagues?

Danmark

May 5, 2014
Why haven't Scott Conway been on the Junior national teams? - I would say he Could be a possibility for the mens national team, like Jack Prince and Liam Stewart?

My knowledge about GB prospects is not very high, but who is Tyler Cooper? He plays for Shattuck st. Mary's U16, which is a strong youth development program. Is he as talented as some of the best GB prospects?

Hope you guys can tell more :)

blair3

Oct 6, 2009
Tyler Cooper is a dual national who has been playing the last few years in Guildford on a line with Louis Colvin (Ontario Hockey Academy) and Richard Krogh (Switzerland). All three very good players and will be GB players of the future.

I'm sure that all three would be trialing for the GB under 18s and I believe that Cooper was also trialing for the under 20s.

I hope to hear more about the new GB Under 16s team. That is a group with huge potential. Liam Kirk, Keiran Brown, Louis Chabot, Cade Neilson, Krogh. Could be a very strong team.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Why haven't Scott Conway been on the Junior national teams? - I would say he Could be a possibility for the mens national team, like Jack Prince and Liam Stewart?

My knowledge about GB prospects is not very high, but who is Tyler Cooper? He plays for Shattuck st. Mary's U16, which is a strong youth development program. Is he as talented as some of the best GB prospects?

Hope you guys can tell more :)

Conway was named to a GB u18 team in the past but missed the tournament for his clubs playoffs.

I agree, he'd be an easy choice for a GB Senior team already.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Someone who have a bid for a possible J20 roster?

Returning players from last year:

G - Jordan Hedley

D - Callum Buglass, Josh Grieveson, Harvey Stead

F - Ivan Antonov, Oliver Betteridge, Glenn Billing, Sam Duggan, Alex Forbes, Lewis Hook, Toms Rutkis, Michael Stratford

Likely to make the team:

G - Denis Bell

D - Cam McGiffin, Simon Hobbis, Jordan Crowe, Edward Knaggs

F - Lee Bonner, Luc Johnson

This is quite a top-heavy team and the last few forward places are pretty open and it's hard to guess who they take. I have no idea who is on the radar but I'll go out on a limb and say Adam Finlinson, Owen Griffiths, and I think they should probably give Cam Brownley a look even though he's never played at international level before. No idea if they'll go with 14 forwards or 8 D, maybe they could take Jay King who has no international experience but seems to have done okay in the EIHL.

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Please help ... Not sure i understand the new rule? Would my son who was born in sweden with both brittish and swedish citizenship be eligable for team GB?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=381671

No

He played in Sweden as a Swedish passport holder for 2 years after age 10 therefore he's only eligible for Sweden.

If he did not hold a Swedish passport or played 2 consecutive seasons in GB, he would be eligible for GB.

Your only option for him to become eligible would be to pull him out of one of the worlds best junior programs and put him in GB for 2 years, which seems like a terrible idea. I don't even know if forfeiting your Swedish citizenship is enough but I could be wrong. Again, seems like a terrible idea that IIHF would have to consult you on if you were crazy enough to try :laugh:

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Any news on Kieran Brown for this year? Elite Prospects has him with Iowa Wild U16 this year but not seen anything to confirm this...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No

He played in Sweden as a Swedish passport holder for 2 years after age 10 therefore he's only eligible for Sweden.

If he did not hold a Swedish passport or played 2 consecutive seasons in GB, he would be eligible for GB.

Your only option for him to become eligible would be to pull him out of one of the worlds best junior programs and put him in GB for 2 years, which seems like a terrible idea. I don't even know if forfeiting your Swedish citizenship is enough but I could be wrong. Again, seems like a terrible idea that IIHF would have to consult you on if you were crazy enough to try :laugh:
What if his son plays winters in Sweden, but Summer leagues in England if those leagues exist? What about then?

Any news on Kieran Brown for this year? Elite Prospects has him with Iowa Wild U16 this year but not seen anything to confirm this...
Nothing I know of, but that Elite has him in the highest and toughest U16 midget in western America.

Ally

Jun 24, 2015
No

Thank you for the info :) he will be staying where he is for the moment:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->