Bring Ryan Home

Should we try to get Ryan Reaves back in a Blues Jersey?

• Total voters

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Pittsburgh traded him. The fans there were 50/50 on him. The Vegas fans are equally divided. Many say that a modern NHL team doesn’t need a guy like Ryan on the roster.

What do you say?

Personally, I’d love to have him back. I think he’s a UFA at the end of this season and he’s 31 years old. The Blues need a spine and a heart. Ryan can give them both. Plus, our prospects still need another season or two to develop, so Ryan playing on the 4th line again doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I would have no problem bringing him back as a 4th liner. He brings a special skill set. He actually can skate, forecheck, and drive the net. Big upgrade over Thorburn.​

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Like everything in a cap world, it would depend on the $$$. If Blues can get him for 2 or 3 years @ 1.3. Then sure.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
If it's on a reasonable deal for an 8 minute a night 30+ year old 4th liner (i.e. no more than a couple of years at under $1.5 million) and it puts Thorburn in the AHL, then sure. He's well liked by his teammates and fans, he fills his role adequately, and it's not exactly like he would be blocking someone who's a lot better than he is from getting ice time.

I can't say that I buy into the usual arguments that justify bringing a guy like him aboard, though. Bringing him back isn't a move that's going to "fix" anything.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If next year turns out to be an absolute gong show, then Ryan Reaves can help a little bit taking the fans minds off of the product on the ice.

Mar 6, 2012
Yes please. I think the era of the goon has passed us by, but he brings enough other skills to the rink to justify having him on the roster. I loved having him on the team.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The fourth line is about the last thing this team needs to worry about. I wouldn't be opposed to it for very cheap but I don't see it fixing any issues with the team.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
if he can fall into their lap, the blues should make it happen, but they have much bigger areas to focus on

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
IMAGINE a 4th line of 90-28-75...just 3 dudes playing their hearts out and flattening people. I love it.
It just requires 28 and 75 signing for less than 1 mil each lol

Reactions: GoldenSeal

IveGotTheBlues

Mar 3, 2018
I hated it when he left. Is it a coincidence that when Reavo left, the Show has slumped in his play? You know the 2 were really close friends. I have seen Reavo play when he was with the Alaska Aces for a short stint before moving to the Rivermen. He is one of my favorite players. The Blues should of never let him go. I'm not saying that is why this team is the way they are right now, but it sure would be nice to still have him.

Hey, I'm kind of new, how do I vote?

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I hated it when he left. Is it a coincidence that when Reavo left, the Show has slumped in his play? You know the 2 were really close friends. I have seen Reavo play when he was with the Alaska Aces for a short stint before moving to the Rivermen. He is one of my favorite players. The Blues should of never let him go. I'm not saying that is why this team is the way they are right now, but it sure would be nice to still have him.

Hey, I'm kind of new, how do I vote?

It would be hard to deny that when Reavo left the Blues lost an important, respected voice in the locker room. I'm sure it hasn't been easy on certain players like Vladi to see two of the first players that welcomed him to the team get traded in the same calender year.

I believe it is after like 20 or 25 posts that you can start voting. Welcome aboard BTW.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I like Reaves but bringing him back doesn't fix anything aside from some fan's broken hearts.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Right price on the contract, get him back here. But use every last dollar you can first on upgrading our other holes.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm down with bringing Reaves back! I agree, it shouldn't be our 1st priority, but signing Reaves and re=signing Brodziak would be a step in the right direction. I would love a 4th line of Sosh-Brodz-Reaves!

Reactions: IveGotTheBlues

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I would take him back, he was a great 4th liner here in our system. Of course you do not overpay for him but give 2-3 years at 1.1-1.3 ish and with what he brought to the locker room is more than worth it IMO.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yah, bring him. Maybe he'll light up this Russian fellow.

tarasenko-reeves-pregame.gif

I would love Soshnikov - Brodziak - Reaves line.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Can anyone remember the last time a Blues player really flattened a guy?

I'm not saying that it would turn the team around, but there's no doubt that this team lacks toughness and physicality (and I'm a guy that doesn't hold a lot of stock in that area of the game). But there's a point where it can hurt your team to not have anyone the other team is afraid of when they're fetching the puck in the corner. We need a physical fourth line to get home crowds into the game and the players, too. I remember shifts with Reaves, Upshall, and Brodziak where they'd each throw at least one big hit and the crowd would roaring. I haven't seen that in a loooong time.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada

I'm not saying that it would turn the team around, but there's no doubt that this team lacks toughness and physicality (and I'm a guy that doesn't hold a lot of stock in that area of the game). But there's a point where it can hurt your team to not have anyone the other team is afraid of when they're fetching the puck in the corner. We need a physical fourth line to get home crowds into the game and the players, too. I remember shifts with Reaves, Upshall, and Brodziak where they'd each throw at least one big hit and the crowd would roaring. I haven't seen that in a loooong time.
To be honest with you. Schenn drilling Sean Couturier I think it was? Jesus, that was at the beginning of the season,

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Yah, bring him. Maybe he'll light up this Russian fellow.

tarasenko-reeves-pregame.gif

I would love Soshnikov - Brodziak - Reaves line.

That's a great GIF. Those were the days....

Now we have a team of slow walking zombies...void of energy and heart

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Didn't Sosh blast someone a few games ago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad