Bring Back the Jets....the Rally to End All Rallys

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedinFan*

Gnashville said:
Let me go down as saying I would love to see a city like Winnipeg get an expansion franchise just not a relocated one.
Nashville and Carolina are the whipping boys on this message board and in the Canadian press. With all the misinformation about us a little truth about Winnipeg never hurts. If this was a save the Preds, Thrashers, Canes, or Panthers rally it would be all over the Canadian papers and on this board. There was more press people there than fans.

Nashville sure has great attendance especially for a competitive team.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
i'm a proud member of the jetsowner site.

because a rally held in the beginning of august at 3pm on a friday afternoon with no advertising didn't attract 35,000 fans some here choose to belittle us ?

because a person was banned from other message boards makes us all idiots ? perhaps certain posters in this thread would be wise to investigate before they post, since the "certain" poster whom they speak of was banned from jetsowner.com

the fact is we love hockey, and we want the nhl back. people are speaking about the nhl's return now, so we must be having an impact !

if anyone here has no idea why winnipeggers still care, i suggest checking out this clip.

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-41-1639-11352/sports/nhlexodus/clip5

go jets go !!!

Last edited:

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Patrick said:
Winnipeg had their chance, put a team in Houston or Santa Fe.

(Im kidding about Santa Fe)

sure, give 'em the lightning. (i'm kidding as well, maybe)

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
vespajet said:
Attention! Several villages in Manitoba are missing their idiots. Last seen headed towards Winnipeg wearing Jets stuff. They should be considered drunk and disorderly.....

haha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so clever.

:bow: :clap: :biglaugh:

i wonder if fans in real nhl markets wish their teams would give away cars just to draw fans ?

i'm taking unusually high interest in the leafs' "thrashing" of atlanta tonight !!!

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
hawker14 said:
i'm a proud member of the jetsowner site.

because a rally held in the beginning of august at 3pm on a friday afternoon with no advertising didn't attract 35,000 fans some here choose to belittle us ?
Be honest if this was a save the Canes or Preds rally you would be laughing at us and calling us bad fans heck we are already called that by the jetsowner people I have no control over the Preds attendance so why bash me a true fan yet I get this attendance crap all the time
BTW Nashville had over 10000 at a rally on a Tuesday afternoon to bring the team here

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Gnashville said:
Be honest if this was a save the Canes or Preds rally you would be laughing at us and calling us bad fans heck we are already called that by the jetsowner people I have no control over the Preds attendance so why bash me a true fan yet I get this attendance crap all the time
BTW Nashville had over 10000 at a rally on a Tuesday afternoon to bring the team here

i haven't, nor would i, call any fans of the hurricanes or predators bad fans. the argument is that there may not be enough of them.

winnipeggers know the pain of losing a team, and the majority certainly don't wish it upon any other fans.

we would, however, welcome with great passion any team from a market that doesn't support their franchise.

i don't know why you quoted me as bashing you, and you certainly shouldn't take comments regarding nashville's attendance personally, since you are obviously not part of any problem there.

HughJass*

Gnashville said:

That's why it's not worth dropping to their level. Threads like this need to go away. Just enjoy hockey.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Storminator16 said:
That's why it's not worth dropping to their level. Threads like this need to go away. Just enjoy hockey.

lol, perhaps you should look to see who started this thread before posting that it should go away.

methinks some people have a lack of attendance problem. afterall, attacking a city which doesn't even have an NHL team ... how silly !!!

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
hawker14 said:
i wonder if fans in real nhl markets wish their teams would give away cars just to draw fans ?

i'm taking unusually high interest in the leafs' "thrashing" of atlanta tonight !!!

It's called marketing. The promotion is a way of apologizing for the Lockout.

I'd like for you to define 'Real NHL Markets'......

When Atlanta lost the Flames, they didn't take to the streets for a rally; folks in Atlanta sucked it up and knew that the NHL would return one day. In the meantime, we supported our minor league team, and whenever a neutral site NHL game was played in The Omni, those games would usually sell out.

Instead of being jealous of Nashville, Atlanta, Raleigh, Columbus, Tampa, Anaheim, Phoenix and Miami for having an NHL team, perhaps you should support your local club and hope that a team will potentially relocate to Winnipeg in the future. Further expansion in the NHL is slim to none for the forseeable future.

KariyaIsGod*

vespajet said:
It's called marketing. The promotion is a way of apologizing for the Lockout.

I'd like for you to define 'Real NHL Markets'......

When Atlanta lost the Flames, they didn't take to the streets for a rally; folks in Atlanta sucked it up and knew that the NHL would return one day. In the meantime, we supported our minor league team, and whenever a neutral site NHL game was played in The Omni, those games would usually sell out.

Instead of being jealous of Nashville, Atlanta, Raleigh, Columbus, Tampa, Anaheim, Phoenix and Miami for having an NHL team, perhaps you should support your local club and hope that a team will potentially relocate to Winnipeg in the future. Further expansion in the NHL is slim to none for the forseeable future.

How does actively promoting your desire to have an NHL club in town automatically become some sort of idiotic jealousy?

Mr BLUEandWHITE

Nov 14, 2005
Toronto
Patrick said:
Winnipeg had their chance, put a team in Houston or Santa Fe.

(Im kidding about Santa Fe)

Santa Fe you know i hear that a group from hawaii has interest they'll be the hawaii surfers.

and Atlanta,Minnesota,colorado had there chances too. but minny and col i think are good places not atlanta tho

so why did those teams get there teams back?? i'll tell you why because Gary bettman is a canadian hockey killer hes american and is jealous that canada has something to call there own. an american runing canadas sport. :madfire:

HEY WAYNE BRING THE COYOTES HOME WHERE THEY BELONG!!!

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Mr BLUEandWHITE said:
Santa Fe you know i hear that a group from hawaii has interest they'll be the hawaii surfers.

and Atlanta,Minnesota,colorado had there chances too. but minny and col i think are good places not atlanta tho

so why did those teams get there teams back?? i'll tell you why because Gary bettman is a canadian hockey killer hes american and is jealous that canada has something to call there own. an american runing canadas sport. :madfire:

You might want to adjust the tinfoil on your hat.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Mr BLUEandWHITE said:

And if the Flames had stayed in Atlanta their fanbase would continue to have grown. Throughout the years the Flames were in Atlanta they consistently (as in all but one season) outdrew both the Braves and the Hawks, putting them second only to the Falcons in terms of popularity. As for the present day, the Atlanta area supports both the Thrashers and the ECHL Gwinnett Gladiators who regularly finish in the top 5 in the league for attendance. How is it that you figure Atlanta's not a good hockey market? :dunno:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Every time a Jets fan wishes Winnipeg had not lost its team, I am sympathetic.

Every time a Jets fan belittles the fan support of a Southern team, openly wishing for relocation, that sympathy evaporates instantly.

The irony of a fan base, which has had to endure losing a team, to then hope that another fan base has to endure the same thing, is palpable. Classless.

tao

Jul 18, 2005
ok ... i do not want to flame anyone so i'll apologize to jets fans in advance ... but i did just have a really good laugh ...

i watched the video ...

i also saw the reference to jetsowner.com so i checked out the site, and saw this excerpt from an announcement concerning the rally in the news section.

The initial meeting place should be at the NorthEast corner of the intersection (Hy's Steakloft). Should the turnout be substantial, we can disperse people at all four corners!

then the image of the 3 guys rallying ... well not quite enough to disperse at all 4 corners ...

:biglaugh:

polarslam

Apr 2, 2004
Winnipeg
Dancing Gabe was at that rally! A local Winnipeg legend!

If somebody in Winnipeg like the Asper's or Richardson or Nygard or whoever steps up to make a team a reality and belives that it it can thrive in the city than all the power to them.

The guys behind jetowner should spend their time going into bizness and making some money and than bring a team to Winnipeg instead of wasting their time and getting puff piece coverage in the tabloid Winnipeg Sun about how they are working to get a team to Winnipeg. If a few commited, drunken hockey fans was all that it took to land a team than Hamilton would have had a team generations ago.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I'm with the poster that said before...

I have no problem with Winnepeg getting another team. Do I think it's likely? Probably not, at least not in the near future.

HOWEVER, the victimized martyr stance only takes you so far. Many eastern Canadians seem to be on your side(western Canadians seem to scoff a bit more), but you lose your support when it goes from "We need a team!" to "We deserve *so and so's* team more than they do, give it to us!"

It destroys your case and makes you look like a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad