Confirmed with Link: Brind'Amour named head coach

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Several times in our conversation, he discussed higher expectations. In 2006, we did a piece on the eventual Stanley Cup champion Hurricanes, and Brind’Amour — who finished 10th in Hart Trophy voting that year — enjoyed a bigger role, adding he was disappointed it didn’t happen earlier in his career. Asked if there was someone on the current roster who could be the 2018-19 version, he offered high praise for Jordan Staal, who scored 19 times. “In my opinion, he can be
Patrice Bergeron. We know he can defend, but there is more offence to him.”
Another fix? Told the Hurricanes had a reputation for not being hard to play against, Brind’Amour agreed. “Some nights, it was painful.”

From: 31 Thoughts: What follows for Leafs after Dubas promotion? - Sportsnet.ca

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Should get him to come pimp out our locker room.

Then all the free agents will want to sign with us.

This is actually a really good idea. Dundon is building a practice facility from the ground up anyhow, so why not trick it out. Luxury locker rooms are the trend already -- especially at the five power conferences in college football -- and I'm sure we're headed that way, but why not just go totally nuts. The Bruins, Lightning and (obviously) Vegas just opened new ones, so I'm sure we'll follow suit, but wouldn't it be cool to let one of the design shows on HGTV have at it, and come up with a few nuggets nobody else has thought of?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
There was I think two Bar Rescue's in the area. I remember seeing a news article that a lot of contractors didn't get paid or something like that for at least one of them.

Moonruners in Garner (formerly Characters or something). Their food truck is really good, my favorite fries.
Dual Ultra Lounge/Nightclub in Raleigh (formerly Cashmere). Never went to either, both apparently sucked and are now closed.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Being on Bar Rescue (and Kitchen Nightmares) is a death blow to a venue. I think I read the success rate for those places is less than 10% after the shows leave. Most of it has to do with the fact you can change the facade and the menu, but you can't change the ownership. Most end up closing within 2 months after the show leaves town.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Moonruners in Garner (formerly Characters or something). Their food truck is really good, my favorite fries.
Dual Ultra Lounge/Nightclub in Raleigh (formerly Cashmere). Never went to either, both apparently sucked and are now closed.

Ah, thanks. I went to Cashmere many years ago and thought it was a dump so that must have been before the show. Never been to the other place.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Being on Bar Rescue (and Kitchen Nightmares) is a death blow to a venue. I think I read the success rate for those places is less than 10% after the shows leave. Most of it has to do with the fact you can change the facade and the menu, but you can't change the ownership. Most end up closing within 2 months after the show leaves town.

I would assume that 90% of them would fail with or without the show, which is why they are on the show? I don't think I've ever seen the show, but given the name, I assume it's a show where a team comes in to help a struggling venue?

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
99E09198-24D2-4190-B5F8-E829B26F1A4C.jpeg

Also, throwing shade on BP

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I can see that. "We weren't good enough" becomes "not a single one of you was good enough", and eventually people tune out or shut down.

Now that I read your post, you might be right. I read it differently at first. I read the "how he wants them to play" and "lump them into the same bin" more as he wanted every player to play the exact same style, even if it didn't fit their strengths. For instance, having guys like Skinner and Lindholm play the same way as McGinn vs. taking advantage of their skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->