Confirmed with Link: Brind'Amour named head coach

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
giphy.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Best Case: Rod turns out to be a pretty good coach.
Worst Case: Rod is a horrible coach and we are in line for a top 5 pick again next year.
Probable Case: Coaching is a bit over-rated and the Canes will continue to be a bubble team until they add more talent and fix the goaltending.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I’ve watched Brind’Amour draw up hundreds of plays. Players all huddled around watching intently. Lots of huddles, hard to say there was much impressive execution. Lots of dog shit plays. The PP was horrifying last year outside of Aho/TT making their own magic. Hard to be inspired that Brind’Amour will lead the team to success given his past performance.

I guess on the ideal side maybe he will free up the skilled players to do what they want. Hard to overcoach guys when you have literally never been a head coach at any level.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Maybe this is another case of not blowing things up too much all at once. From a players POV, the transition from Peters to Brindy is likely a lot less disruptive than a transition from Peters, to say Tippet (or some other coach). I don't know, just speculating.

I thought Dundon was trying to disrupt things here.

Waddell and Brind'Amour may be a lot of things, but disruptive ain't among them.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I thought Dundon was trying to disrupt things here.

Waddell and Brind'Amour may be a lot of things, but disruptive ain't among them.

I know, but there's only so much you can disrupt at one time and still have a chance to be successful. It will be interesting to see what player moves occur. I don't think it will be as much as many of us expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->