Brind'amour embarassed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-nhlonice&prov=ap&type=lgns

``The game's just suffered an absolute blow it'll never recover from,'' Carolina Hurricanes center Rod Brind'Amour said. ``They're totally underestimating the damage that's been done. I'm just really disappointed and, to be honest with you, I'm embarrassed to be a player in the NHL.''

Maybe once a few players start feeling this way, something might happen.

Daddy

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
WhoozYerrDaddy said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-nhlonice&prov=ap&type=lgns

``The game's just suffered an absolute blow it'll never recover from,'' Carolina Hurricanes center Rod Brind'Amour said. ``They're totally underestimating the damage that's been done. I'm just really disappointed and, to be honest with you, I'm embarrassed to be a player in the NHL.''

Maybe once a few players start feeling this way, something might happen.

Daddy

i like when players let their heart speak not their ego. :handclap:

a good exemple to all of us in our own situations. :handclap:

NYFAN

Jul 8, 2004
Long Island
It just goes to show that it's not a bunch of money hungry players like everyone thought, but a select few, who drove this negotiation. Now the masses are being heard!

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
NYFAN said:
It just goes to show that it's not a bunch of money hungry players like everyone thought, but a select few, who drove this negotiation. Now the masses are being heard!

there is always those who try to be a bad influence while, showing them they can have more and its normal, but NO i dont think its normal.. gotta share the LOVE of the game to all the fans, and seats should be free... :yo:

;)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
NYFAN said:
Right on!!! So true, any of the guys who have an emotional attachment to the game were too scared to say anything, after some of the guys did talk, and then bob's lynchmen made them retract their statements...

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Proud to be a Whalers/Canes fan today. Jeff O'Neill said similar things here on the FAN590 in T.O. on Wednesday.

the line "embarrassed/ashamed to be a NHL player" hits home. Well said.

(also heard Esche in TO on Wed, very very concillatory, and somewhat speaking as though in shock...totally different than when i heard him in January spouting about NO CAP NO WAY)

you gotta say, as much Im pro-owner, many of the players are being grouped into a category of character that is very far from their true self. We have the best players in the world in terms of character, I hope they prove tommorow to be above all this crap and show everyone why we respect them, even if some of them caused this mess.

truth is, if it wasnt for these ridiculous work stoppages, it would be hard to argue that these guys are not everything North Americans want in an professional athelete. They dont have nearly the track record that football and basketball players have with crime, and the baseball/steriods scandal has really rocked the fan outlook on its stars. I truly believe NHL hockey has a HUGE opportunity to get this right and make this a huge success. Unfortunately, I think revenue sharing would have been a big help, and thats not coming by all accounts.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Most of the vocal guys were following the guy who was driving the bus!!! Some of these guys had no idea how bad they were making themselves look...Bottom line is they do just want to play hockey...and make some big money!

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
Behn Wilson said:
Matthew Barnaby of the Hawks said pretty much the same thing today in the local papers.
So did the owner of the LA Kings. It goes for both sides. They both should be embarassed.

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Icey said:
So did the owner of the LA Kings. It goes for both sides. They both should be embarassed.

I have been a pro-owner, but I agree completely. There is going to be a lot of euphoria over the next few days, but lets remember the last few months, and not give these guys, both sides, a blank cheque. They embarrassed hockey, not just themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad