Brief and incomplete update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Gents,

Things have been quiet of late, but rest assured the league is moving forward. Re-rates have been done on every player and we're currently just finalizing the ratings for release to the rest of the league (a few individual ratings need to be reviewed). Once the ratings are released, it will give everyone a chance to review their players and to submit their challenges, while we update the web site rosters and get ready for pre-season.

Endorsement rules will also be released shortly, in addition to a rough schedule.

Onward and upward,

- Nick

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Thanks for posting this, Nick.

I don't have much to add, really. Once we have an Excel version of the ratings finished, we will be able to start processing rating challenges. At this point, it looks like challenges will probably be due in during the week of October 11th. More to come...

As for the preseason, the biggest obstacle is obviously getting the ratings loaded into the sim. Time consuming, to say the least. As such, look for the preseason to start sometime in the second half of October.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
seriously...are we dead?

What's going on with this league? Any help needed getting the season going?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hey Dry,

Thanks for the offer - as we may take you up on it.

Josh doesn't seem to have the time to do the ratings updates, so Dion has graciously offered to step in and update the OV ratings based on the individual rating edits we did (OV is not simply an average of individual ratings, but rather a complex formula depending on player position). This will simply be released as an Excel file so teams can see their ratings and we can begin the ratings challenges. The Endorsement deal terms will also be released at this time.

After that, the rather labouress chore of updating all of the ratings files on the web site and within the sim is required. Would you be able to help update the ratings after that? I'm not sure whether it is a task that can be easily shared among people given I have no idea how it is actually done. Can someone who has done it chime in on this (Drew?).

Anyway, it looks like we will follow tradition by being late, but rest assured, there is no lock-out in the HFNHL :handclap:

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
impatience

While suffering hfnhl withdrawl I've chosen to join a second fhl sim league and have joined up tih the mfhl....still an hfnhl member...just suffering from what has become a serious addiction....think we've got money problems in this league....they are losing over 30 million a year and don't seem to be doing anything about it. I'm definately going to shake that up.

Willing to help out where ever is necessary to get us up and going since this is where my heart is.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ok guys,

Here is an update...

I'm midway through the B's as in the first names... I hope to have this excel file ready by hopefully Wednesday. which means I have to do about 300 entries a day.. :) I'm trying my quickest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->