Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

No dynasty would have existed that’s for sure. Al Arbour wouldn’t have never been hired and that would have been the beginning of the end right there.

Reactions: BTrotts19

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Lots going on down in Bport. Aho was sent down, Cullity and J. Holmstrom to Wheeling, and Kubiak and Turcotte up to Bport.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lots going on down in Bport. Aho was sent down, Cullity and J. Holmstrom to Wheeling, and Kubiak and Turcotte up to Bport.
Playoff push in Bridgeport. The Sound Tigers trail Charlotte for the last playoff spot by 7 points. BST has 2 games in hand and plays Charlotte in Bridgeport the last game of the season.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Playoff push in Bridgeport. The Sound Tigers trail Charlotte for the last playoff spot by 7 points. BST has 2 games in hand and plays Charlotte in Bridgeport the last game of the season.

So I guessing Fritz also goes down once Kulemin is ready to play

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Does MDC do anything, or is it safe to say that he's useless?

The team lost 4-1 on Friday and Aho had an assist on the goal. Gudlevskis was in goal for the loss.

The Tigers won 6-3 on Sunday. Aho and Vande Sompel each had one assist. All other points were collected by non-drafted players and our NCAA signing Stevens, who had one assist. Former USNTDP and Yale winger Hitchcock had 1-1-2. That was his first goal for the Sound Tigers.

McAdam was in goal for the win and made 24 saves.

St. Denis now has 22 goals.

Moral of the story:
Dal Colle was nowhere to be seen in the loss and nowhere to be seen in the victory.

So yes, his uselessness continues to grow. We may even be justified in calling it "utter".

ISLANDER USE OF PROSPECTS:
I believe the thought is that the Sound Tigers are currently trying to sneak into the playoffs. That would be great for our prospects, most importantly McAdam, Wotherspoon, Vande Sompel, and Aho.

At this point, I'd almost say it's more beneficial for the Islanders to have Fritz and maybe even Johnston down on the farm and bring up either one or both of Dal Colle and Ho-Sang to finish off the season on Long Island, giving them a longer viewing. Just line them up with Nelson.

We've got nothing else to lose (in fact, we win by losing in light of the draft situation) and Fritz could be infinitely more valuable to the Sound Tigers now than either of our "prized" first rounders, who for all intensive purposes are in no-man's land with respect to development.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
The team lost 4-1 on Friday and Aho had an assist on the goal. Gudlevskis was in goal for the loss.

The Tigers won 6-3 on Sunday. Aho and Vande Sompel each had one assist. All other points were collected by non-drafted players and our NCAA signing Stevens, who had one assist. Former USNTDP and Yale winger Hitchcock had 1-1-2. That was his first goal for the Sound Tigers.

McAdam was in goal for the win and made 24 saves.

St. Denis now has 22 goals.

Moral of the story:
Dal Colle was nowhere to be seen in the loss and nowhere to be seen in the victory.

So yes, his uselessness continues to grow. We may even be justified in calling it "utter".

ISLANDER USE OF PROSPECTS:
I believe the thought is that the Sound Tigers are currently trying to sneak into the playoffs. That would be great for our prospects, most importantly McAdam, Wotherspoon, Vande Sompel, and Aho.

At this point, I'd almost say it's more beneficial for the Islanders to have Fritz and maybe even Johnston down on the farm and bring up either one or both of Dal Colle and Ho-Sang to finish off the season on Long Island, giving them a longer viewing. Just line them up with Nelson.

We've got nothing else to lose (in fact, we win by losing in light of the draft situation) and Fritz could be infinitely more valuable to the Sound Tigers now than either of our "prized" first rounders, who for all intensive purposes are in no-man's land with respect to development.

Thank you for the detailed update, Chapin.

It's unfortunate that MDC is utterly useless, especially considering that Nylander and Ehlers were drafted soon after him.

I haven't watched a Bridgeport game since 2012, so I've been way out of the loop on the farm but, when MDC was up for a few games this season, I barely noticed him. Very unimpressive in the small sample size.

However, I am holding out hope that JHS can get his head on straight (maybe with a new coaching staff), because he certainly seems to have the raw skill to be an impact player. His mental game is another story though.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
After losing 5-0 the other night, the Sound Tigers won 5-1 last night.

Best part about it for me was that Aho had 3 assists. The kid has been leading the way for this team ever since he got sent down. Like a real player does.

Guess who didn't have any points?

That's right, Ho-Sang. Dal Colle wasn't dressed last night. Dunno if it's due to an injury.

McAdam with the win and Vande Sompel with his 5th of the season.

Reactions: dood

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
After losing 5-0 the other night, the Sound Tigers won 5-1 last night.

Best part about it for me was that Aho had 3 assists. The kid has been leading the way for this team ever since he got sent down. Like a real player does.

Guess who didn't have any points?

That's right, Ho-Sang. Dal Colle wasn't dressed last night. Dunno if it's due to an injury.

McAdam with the win and Vande Sompel with his 5th of the season.
Dal Colle and Eansor are both hurt.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
No dynasty would have existed that’s for sure. Al Arbour wouldn’t have never been hired and that would have been the beginning of the end right there.

Garth would have hired Sal Arbour.
Did we have the better Fritz ? Were either of them better than having neither of them since we had both of them ? Yeah that makes sense.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Sound Tigers did their job this morning, beating the Providence Bruins 3-2. Eamon MacAdam gets the W. Josh Ho-Sang had 2 assists, both on the power play and was a +3.

Charlotte plays tonight. BST currently has to make up 6 points on Charlotte with 5 games remaining to get the last playoff spot.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
The Sound Tigers did their job this morning, beating the Providence Bruins 3-2. Eamon MacAdam gets the W. Josh Ho-Sang had 2 assists, both on the power play and was a +3.

Charlotte plays tonight. BST currently has to make up 6 points on Charlotte with 5 games remaining to get the last playoff spot.

Good game for Josh. I also still have hopes for MacAdam. Goalies come into their own in their mid 20's.

Reactions: dood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Sounds like a win out scenario.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Sounds like a win out scenario.
Basically this, with Charlotte having the tiebreakers.

Let’s see if the Sound Tigers can survive until April 15th when the close out they season hosting Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->