Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
The Soundtigers have dropped 3 in a row.

The 5-4 loss to the little Rangers was in OT, coming back from 4-0 to send the game to OT.

Then 3-1 and 3-2 losses.

No points for Ho-Sang in any of the losses. Dal Colle with 1-1-2.

Uhhh, ouch.
Ho sang hasn't played out with upper body injury.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Soundtigers have dropped 3 in a row.

The 5-4 loss to the little Rangers was in OT, coming back from 4-0 to send the game to OT.

Then 3-1 and 3-2 losses.

No points for Ho-Sang in any of the losses. Dal Colle with 1-1-2.

Uhhh, ouch.
Ho-Sang did not play in the last 2 games. He sustained an upper body injury in a practice last week.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
2nd straight shutout to top it off.

Great for Gibson. Looks like he really wants his name in the hat for a true shot in the NHL.

Unfortunately, his previous shutout was a 1-0 loss in the shootout.

Before that, the Soundtigers had lost 5-0.

Of the 4 goals and 11 total points collected by players last night, just one point was collected by one of our actual draftees (Wotherspoon with his third goal of the season).

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Bridgeport has lost two games thus far this weekend. They've scored 4 goals in the process. On those 4 goals, nine points have been collected.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Bridgeport has lost two games thus far this weekend. They've scored 4 goals in the process. On those 4 goals, nine points have been collected.
I was at the game last night. With all the talented players either hurt or up on the Island they looked like a bad minor league team. Ho-Sang had a rough night, Wotherspoon was awful. Steve Bernier seemed like he had a target on his back to be abused. I think they now trail Charlotte by 9 points for the last playoff spot. Ain’t happening for them either.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I was at the game last night. With all the talented players either hurt or up on the Island they looked like a bad minor league team. Ho-Sang had a rough night, Wotherspoon was awful. Steve Bernier seemed like he had a target on his back to be abused. I think they now trail Charlotte by 9 points for the last playoff spot. Ain’t happening for them either.

Losing culture surrounding this franchise.
Great job Ledecky

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ticket prices are stupid expensive (get in price is $21) and the team is always trash, and they wonder why nobody comes here. Tigers lead 1-0 with 5 minutes left in the second. JHS did a great job drawing a penalty a few minutes ago but the team couldn't cash in.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
That is awful and shows how really bad our scouting has been. No wonder Isles can't sustain injuries like other teams. Isles don't have any depth in the AHL.

Been harping on it for weeks.

I know that we are currently rolling out a lot of our own draft picks up in the show. No doubt. And with Aho up here and Toews out for the season, that's not been part of the AHL planning coming in.

But the Sound Tigers have been throwing 4-6 of our own draft picks onto the ice for the better part of the last 35 games. That's not what an AHL farm team is about.

They won last night 1-0. And it's not the first time they've been involved in a 1-0 game, win or lose. It's clear that Thompson is working with so little offensive ability that he's got no choice but to play a very defensive system.

Most impressive for me is Kyle Burroughs with 5-12-17 and +14 in 54 games.

Last edited:

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte

I know that we are currently rolling out a lot of our own draft picks up in the show. No doubt. And with Aho up here and Toews out for the season, that's not been part of the AHL planning coming in.

But the Sound Tigers have been throwing 4-6 of our own draft picks onto the ice for the better part of the last 35 games. That's not what an AHL farm team is about.

They won last night 1-0. And it's not the first time they've been involved in a 1-0 game, win or loss. It's clear that Thompson is working with so little offensive ability that he's got no choice but to play a very defensive system.

We could use that defensive system with the big club. At least we have one coach in the organization who can adapt the team's style to help the team win.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

They won last night 1-0. And it's not the first time they've been involved in a 1-0 game, win or lose. It's clear that Thompson is working with so little offensive ability that he's got no choice but to play a very defensive system.

Two comments

1)How long has Thompson been there? Who has he actually developed that turned out at a minimum to be a solid NHLer?

2)They are such garbage offensively how does this team expect to develop guys like JHS and Dal Colle? Realistically they are going to such because the support there for any type of offensive player is almost none.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Fritz and Aho may be going back down with Davidson and Wagner here?
Made them eligible for the AHL playoffs.

Except the Sound Tigers are trailing the last playoff spot by 7 points and several percentage points. Won’t be any playoffs in Bridgeport either.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
They aren’t making the playoffs anyway. Gudlevskis is one of the worst goalies in the AHL this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->