Brian Wilde Said On TSN Radio

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
I call it good because Gauthier was able to move up when Timmins asked him to, which is a GM's job. Whether Tinordi turns out to be better than those drafted after has to do more with Timmins vision, but Gauthier successfully carried out his request.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. My issue with that is we can't weigh it against any recommendations that Gauthier was not able to act on, but I guess we have to work with the information we have.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
IMO the thing about PG is that he isn't a good leader, he is not someone you want as the face of your franchise.

He seems to be to much by the book, I remember there was an article after the Gill trade to the Preds, where Gill talked about how Gauthier was too business like, where as Poile and the Preds connected with their players more. Now ideally you would like to think the management and have the players have a great relationship, but is it really needed to have success?

Also PG was so anti-media, that the second the media got a chance to bash him they went full out. The guy basically tried to block off the media from the team as much as possible, ex. not allowing Timmins to speak before and after the draft, telling scouts, Ast. GM not to speak with the media. Best example, the way he went about trades, telling the players they were traded (so they won't find out thru the media/twiterr ect), but could only tell them where to when the trade was official( by the book). I mean media didn't say or have issue with it in the 2010-11 season when the team was doing well, and he made some trades, but last year, it was the topic they kept talking about.

Overall the guy deserved to get fired, IMO for firing Martin and replacing him with probaly the worst coaching staff in NHL history, the two Randy's and an Ast GM :facepalm: but he wasn't as bad as some ppl make him out to be.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Ah, ok, that makes sense. My issue with that is we can't weigh it against any recommendations that Gauthier was not able to act on, but I guess we have to work with the information we have.

That's true.

We could add Campoli to the list of the bad.

For me the worst was banking everything on a healthy Markov and not looking for a replacement of Hamrlik in case Markov wasn't ready. Martin confirmed this on Antichambre after he was fired. He said that he and Gauthier were assured that Markov was going to be ready and that in hind-sight they should have offered Hamrlik the deal he was looking for.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I watched Fischer a few times this season. Kid still has NHL potential, IMO. He's one of the better defenseman in Germany right now. Played a few games with Bruno Gervais and looked like the better player.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
IMO the thing about PG is that he isn't a good leader, he is not someone you want as the face of your franchise.

He seems to be to much by the book, I remember there was an article after the Gill trade to the Preds, where Gill talked about how Gauthier was too business like, where as Poile and the Preds connected with their players more. Now ideally you would like to think the management and have the players have a great relationship, but is it really needed to have success?

Also PG was so anti-media, that the second the media got a chance to bash him they went full out. The guy basically tried to block off the media from the team as much as possible, ex. not allowing Timmins to speak before and after the draft, telling scouts, Ast. GM not to speak with the media. Best example, the way he went about trades, telling the players they were traded (so they won't find out thru the media/twiterr ect), but could only tell them where to when the trade was official( by the book). I mean media didn't say or have issue with it in the 2010-11 season when the team was doing well, and he made some trades, but last year, it was the topic they kept talking about.

Overall the guy deserved to get fired, IMO for firing Martin and replacing him with probaly the worst coaching staff in NHL history, the two Randy's and an Ast GM :facepalm: but he wasn't as bad as some ppl make him out to be.

Agreed on all counts.

Given how much I hate the media I came to understand Goat's perspective and agree with him more often than not.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Agreed on all counts.

Given how much I hate the media I came to understand Goat's perspective and agree with him more often than not.

Well its a catch 22, I understand how the media can really screw things up, ex Bobby Ryan kept hearing his name in rumours so much, that in the summer I remember Bob McKenzie reporting that he wanted wanted out of Anaheim. But at the same time as a fan I would like to have some sort of access to the team, example; it was great seeing watching Timmins talk openly before and after the draft.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary

The season was lost in the first week of martins bumbling. If PG didn't fire Martin and go full tank people here would be whining about finishing 9th or 10th and how we also got a terrible pick. No win situation, literally.

PG gave this team its first powerforward and legitimate #1 centre prospect in what like 20 years while only giving up spare parts. The man did more for Montreal in one season than gainey did in his entire waste of time.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
The season was lost in the first week of martins bumbling. If PG didn't fire Martin and go full tank people here would be whining about finishing 9th or 10th and how we also got a terrible pick. No win situation, literally.

PG gave this team its first powerforward and legitimate #1 centre prospect in what like 20 years while only giving up spare parts. The man did more for Montreal in one season than gainey did in his entire waste of time.

While it turned out good with us getting Gally, you can't seriously say that PG plan was to tank when he fired Martin, specially when he got Kaberle after firing JM to help the PP.

I really believe the team would have made the playoffs with JM. The team was 13-12-7 with JM and that was after a 1-5-3 start, and I think don't think he even got a chance to have Kaberle play for him.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Well its a catch 22, I understand how the media can really screw things up, ex Bobby Ryan kept hearing his name in rumours so much, that in the summer I remember Bob McKenzie reporting that he wanted wanted out of Anaheim. But at the same time as a fan I would like to have some sort of access to the team, example; it was great seeing watching Timmins talk openly before and after the draft.

Timmins and company would be free to talk to the media and share their views if it weren't for the hostile and frankly, toxic, environment of Montreal sports journalism. The Mike Cammalleri fiasco is just a prime example of Dave Stubbs' worthlessness, the man didn't write a word about the powerplay or the team or upcoming prospects or anything hockey related all season but instead chose to focus on Spacek's eating habits, This Day In Habs History and smelly off-the-record allusions to gossip (I remember, I went through all his columns in my morning routine).

Beyond worthless, they're damaging: Look at the E.Kane bull in Winnipeg where the beat writer states that he wants Kane, their best prospect and face of the franchise, gone because he took a picture in Vegas. These people exist to self their own interests - a bunch of low-browed, bent-backed losers who never made it in sports decide to comment instead and protect their own niche brand of crap. As if their input is required more than 10% of the time. Instead of writing about the team, about the players, about the TACTICS OF THE SPORT or the state of the GAME they choose to write gossip and ad hominems and worthless reactionary told-ya-so's.

Gauthier had every right to hate the media and block them out and I really hope Bergevin remains cordial but distant from the media too. In no way shape or form will they EVER be a positive presence for the team.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Timmins and company would be free to talk to the media and share their views if it weren't for the hostile and frankly, toxic, environment of Montreal sports journalism. The Mike Cammalleri fiasco is just a prime example of Dave Stubbs' worthlessness, the man didn't write a word about the powerplay or the team or upcoming prospects or anything hockey related all season but instead chose to focus on Spacek's eating habits, This Day In Habs History and smelly off-the-record allusions to gossip (I remember, I went through all his columns in my morning routine).

Beyond worthless, they're damaging: Look at the E.Kane bull in Winnipeg where the beat writer states that he wants Kane, their best prospect and face of the franchise, gone because he took a picture in Vegas. These people exist to self their own interests - a bunch of low-browed, bent-backed losers who never made it in sports decide to comment instead and protect their own niche brand of crap. As if their input is required more than 10% of the time. Instead of writing about the team, about the players, about the TACTICS OF THE SPORT or the state of the GAME they choose to write gossip and ad hominems and worthless reactionary told-ya-so's.

Gauthier had every right to hate the media and block them out and I really hope Bergevin remains cordial but distant from the media too. In no way shape or form will they EVER be a positive presence for the team.

Stubbs is a feature article writer , not a trade insider or beat writer. He writes the interest stories about players lives, their thoughts and reflections, and behind the scene tidbits. Not X's and O's.

So having said that he does what he does well.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

How the hell does running a team into the ground give you the right to boast about the system the league has in place to reward the poorly managed teams.

Gauthier was an unmitigated disaster, he left Bergevin an organization in shambles. Wake up.

Habsterix*

Awww yeah. It's not a good thread until W7 takes a dump on Stubbs.

Made my day.
Agreed. Sounds more like sour grapes than anything. Dave Stubbs is my very favourite reporter in Montreal. I also respect Wilde quite a bit. Other good ones are Marc-Antoine Godin and Mathias Brunet.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
While it turned out good with us getting Gally, you can't seriously say that PG plan was to tank when he fired Martin, specially when he got Kaberle after firing JM to help the PP.

I really believe the team would have made the playoffs with JM. The team was 13-12-7 with JM and that was after a 1-5-3 start, and I think don't think he even got a chance to have Kaberle play for him.

He cans martin mid season and replaces him with RC who has no head coach experience and the knowledge he wasn't going to be "the guy". How much more obvious can one man tank? He dumped Cammy, Spacek and a bunch of spare parts. You can believe we were going to the playoffs all you want, with martin we were going nowhere.

How the hell does running a team into the ground give you the right to boast about the system the league has in place to reward the poorly managed teams.

Gauthier was an unmitigated disaster, he left Bergevin an organization in shambles. Wake up.

He ran the team into the ground? Funny I see him acquiring a leader and 35 goal scoring power forward who has taken Pacioretty under his wing and helped his line reach insane levels. Who knows how good Desharnais would be if he was stuck on the third line playing with a couple grinders and no Cole.

We also drafted an elite centre who could become the face of this franchise for the next 10 years in Galchenyuk not to mention a myriad of players who are dominating at their own levels after Gauthier intentionally acquired picks for spare parts. This isn't even mentioning the extra 2 picks we have in this draft which could be the deepest draft since what 2003? 4 picks that could all net us impact players. Not to mention Eller who looks like a beast in the making but lets not forget who brought Emelin over to join this squad.

Kaberle had a low point but he is a dman who can net you 40 points a season for 4.2 million, go find me a similar dman and tell me his price. Bourque had another low season but regularly nets 20+ goals a season, again go find me another comparable please.

Gomez is almost off the books, Markov/Gionta/Bourque hopefully will be healthy. Is this the disaster you mention? Where are the bloated contracts and lost assets? Did Gauthier dump half the roster for nothing and fill it with overpaid/undersized mercenaries? Nope.

If Gauthier was a disaster what was Gainey & most of his predecessors? To me I see nothing but smart calculated moves that Bergevin is going to profit from immensely. Gauthier got the **** sandwich, Bergevin gets to play the savior.

edit: For funzies, tell me the last time we have 2 - 30 goal scorers.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Gauthier was a terrible leader. Didn't really seem inspiring at all. Players did not seem sad at all to see him go.

Oh well, still, even if Gauthier was a below average GM, the stuff people try to make him part of every bad story is ridiculous.

You don't need to justify anything. He wasn't good, that's all. No more random stories.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Stubbs is a feature article writer , not a trade insider or beat writer. He writes the interest stories about players lives, their thoughts and reflections, and behind the scene tidbits. Not X's and O's.

So having said that he does what he does well.

A) You're implying that there exists such a thing as an NHL/hockey insider. Hardly. The only person I disregard more than Stubbs is that boob Darren Dreger.
B) You just like to disagree and attempt to refute anything I say. Even at your own expense. Stubbs the main Habs sportswriter and columnist. Says so in his bio even. He's just a melodramatic loony who thinks that everyone cares about Mathieu Darche's kid's elementary school's fundraiser - creating the air of "feature articles". From what I remember Hickey was the feature article writer.

Might have changed recently, I'm not sure.

Agreed. Sounds more like sour grapes than anything. Dave Stubbs is my very favourite reporter in Montreal. I also respect Wilde quite a bit. Other good ones are Marc-Antoine Godin and Mathias Brunet.

I'm not sour about anything. I have worked with apprenticing sports journalists and one of my best friends works for sports radio. There is literally nothing attractive about a sports journalist's life or their work. I have only contempt and distrust for them for the reasons I've listed above.

Look at even the "good ones" - Farber, Brunet, MAGodin, LeBrun. They all create from artifice, they jam quotes and minor events into self-made narratives and it's just so phoney and disgusting to see. They're not journalists, they're rag tabloids.

He cans martin mid season and replaces him with RC who has no head coach experience and the knowledge he wasn't going to be "the guy". How much more obvious can one man tank? He dumped Cammy, Spacek and a bunch of spare parts. You can believe we were going to the playoffs all you want, with martin we were going nowhere.

He ran the team into the ground? Funny I see him acquiring a leader and 35 goal scoring power forward who has taken Pacioretty under his wing and helped his line reach insane levels. Who knows how good Desharnais would be if he was stuck on the third line playing with a couple grinders and no Cole.

We also drafted an elite centre who could become the face of this franchise for the next 10 years in Galchenyuk not to mention a myriad of players who are dominating at their own levels after Gauthier intentionally acquired picks for spare parts. This isn't even mentioning the extra 2 picks we have in this draft which could be the deepest draft since what 2003? 4 picks that could all net us impact players. Not to mention Eller who looks like a beast in the making but lets not forget who brought Emelin over to join this squad.

Kaberle had a low point but he is a dman who can net you 40 points a season for 4.2 million, go find me a similar dman and tell me his price. Bourque had another low season but regularly nets 20+ goals a season, again go find me another comparable please.

Gomez is almost off the books, Markov/Gionta/Bourque hopefully will be healthy. Is this the disaster you mention? Where are the bloated contracts and lost assets? Did Gauthier dump half the roster for nothing and fill it with overpaid/undersized mercenaries? Nope.

If Gauthier was a disaster what was Gainey & most of his predecessors? To me I see nothing but smart calculated moves that Bergevin is going to profit from immensely. Gauthier got the **** sandwich, Bergevin gets to play the savior.

edit: For funzies, tell me the last time we have 2 - 30 goal scorers.
Agreed on all counts. I remember hating Gainey, then liking him, and now I just don't know what to think. The man set us back so many years after a promising start. And he's REVERED by the fanbase whereas Gauthier got us more in 1.5 years and he's loathed. It's ridiculous.

Gainey hung on on Jacques Lemaire to hire Jacques Martin and then traded for Gomez and signed Cammy and Gionta - all in a span of 2 weeks. How much worse can it get? :rant:

Gauthier was a terrible leader. Didn't really seem inspiring at all. Players did not seem sad at all to see him go.

Oh well, still, even if Gauthier was a below average GM, the stuff people try to make him part of every bad story is ridiculous.

You don't need to justify anything. He wasn't good, that's all. No more random stories.

Agreed on all counts as well. The man knows how to manage a business, just not as an NHL GM. It explains why a competitive and knowledgeable brain-trust in Chicago immediately hired him as Director of Player Personnel following this supposedly "calamitous" season.

The blame squarely lied on Jacques Martin, The woeful production of Cammy and Gomez and Markov's numerous setbacks (in that order) to say otherwise is just ingenious of the reality of the situation.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
A) You're implying that there exists such a thing as an NHL/hockey insider. Hardly. The only person I disregard more than Stubbs is that boob Darren Dreger.
B) You just like to disagree and attempt to refute anything I say. Even at your own expense. Stubbs the main Habs sportswriter and columnist. Says so in his bio even. He's just a melodramatic loony who thinks that everyone cares about Mathieu Darche's kid's elementary school's fundraiser - creating the air of "feature articles". From what I remember Hickey was the feature article writer.

Might have changed recently, I'm not sure.

I'm not sour about anything. I have worked with apprenticing sports journalists and one of my best friends works for sports radio. There is literally nothing attractive about a sports journalist's life or their work. I have only contempt and distrust for them for the reasons I've listed above.

Look at even the "good ones" - Farber, Brunet, MAGodin, LeBrun. They all create from artifice, they jam quotes and minor events into self-made narratives and it's just so phoney and disgusting to see. They're not journalists, they're rag tabloids.

Agreed on all counts. I remember hating Gainey, then liking him, and now I just don't know what to think. The man set us back so many years after a promising start. And he's REVERED by the fanbase whereas Gauthier got us more in 1.5 years and he's loathed. It's ridiculous.

Gainey hung on on Jacques Lemaire to hire Jacques Martin and then traded for Gomez and signed Cammy and Gionta - all in a span of 2 weeks. How much worse can it get? :rant:

Agreed on all counts as well. The man knows how to manage a business, just not as an NHL GM. It explains why a competitive and knowledgeable brain-trust in Chicago immediately hired him as Director of Player Personnel following this supposedly "calamitous" season.

The blame squarely lied on Jacques Martin, The woeful production of Cammy and Gomez and Markov's numerous setbacks (in that order) to say otherwise is just ingenious of the reality of the situation.

I am not disagreeing with WhiskeySeven i am disagreeing with anyone who thinks that feature article writers like Dave Stubbs should be writing about X's and O's. Stubbs gives you the Beliveau and Red Fisher nostalgia articles and yeah, tells you about how the players cook , or what their kids are doing, etc. I don't find all of his articles interesting, but at least I know what he's bringing to the table. And he's a pretty well travelled writer with connections that have been well preserved through respectful, mind-your-own-business coverage of the players and ex-players.

Coincidentally I have personally worked with Dave Stubbs on a feature article about the pioneering days of Habs discussion boards on Usenet , and the experience was a pleasure. He's definitely not an X's and O's guy more of a journalist who brings you interesting stuff about what's going on outside the rink.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Actually, I don't consider Martin at fault. I consider him a fantastic coach.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

I've always called him a "coachy" coach. He's the coachiest coach I've ever seen. If that makes any sense.

But to absolve him of blame when the team starts 1-5-3, with Darche getting 17min a night and Gomez (for all intents and measures) suffering a YEAR LONG goal drought. Falls on the coach man.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I've always called him a "coachy" coach. He's the coachiest coach I've ever seen. If that makes any sense.

But to absolve him of blame when the team starts 1-5-3, with Darche getting 17min a night and Gomez (for all intents and measures) suffering a YEAR LONG goal drought. Falls on the coach man.

I think people aren't putting enough blame on the players tbh. They knew the game plan but guys like Gomez, Cammalleri etc.. did not deliver. That simple.

Gionta was injured and it was just a steep downhill slide from then on.

Management has a big impact on how a team is formed and their mentality(leadership, coordination, assembly, etc...) but at end of the day, it's players who execute.

I don't consider the players we had slackers or soft but for whatever reason, it was not a good year.

Part of this is because management failed to lead and make the necessary changes/signings in time. Part of it is motivation and leadership from the coach as well. Martin is an excellent coach but he also appears to be set in his ways. He appears to have a tried and true system with little flexibility. He's certainly not a new wave coach. The rest is on the players.

Honestly, you'll NEVER EVER find me defending Gauthier. He's terrible, you and OSM love to defend him, but he sucked. He had no vision, I'm sorry. However, even if he sucked, lack of vision does not account for such a drop in performance. Clearly there were other factors at play. The blame should be shared but Gauthier should've been fired anyway.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary

He is so fantastic no one wants him to coach! Sit him right down beside Carbonneau as another "fantastic, excellent" coach no one wants.

Honestly, you'll NEVER EVER find me defending Gauthier. He's terrible, you and OSM love to defend him, but he sucked. He had no vision, I'm sorry. However, even if he sucked, lack of vision does not account for such a drop in performance. Clearly there were other factors at play. The blame should be shared but Gauthier should've been fired anyway.

So this is all you have? Ofcourse we wont find you defending him, you can barely attack him let alone defend him.

I see his vision clearly, he wanted to rid the team of bad contracts, move away from small injury prone forwards and stockpile picks for the future. We are not cracking the human genome here. I bet had Gionta not been injured he would have been traded and if the new CBA hadn't been just around the corner Gomez would have been buried.

Gauthier got a job almost immediately with a cup contender, seems like the hockey world disagrees with your "indepth" assessment.

Edit: I am going to take a bit of a shot in the dark here. Seems everyone has this irrational hate for Gauthier and his time here. Everything that ever went wrong just falls on the guy and nothing he did well gets brought up. I don't think it was his moves at all that caused the hate just like Gainey was beloved even today after he bailed out and let the habs crash and burn saddled with some of the most repulsive contracts we've seen. I think it was just his demeanor, he was weird and awkward and didn't pander and grovel to the "faithful" and the media. Could it be so simple? Is Gauthier hated with a fury for the same shallow sad reasons as why the masses cry out for a french player at every draft? He just isn't liked, kinda like how Koivu was hounded his entire career Gauthier gets to suffer because no matter what he did he would never be a "folk hero" like gainey. He is just a weird vegetarian who canned Cammy in the middle of a game and handed a bumbling french coach his walking papers.

I am starting to think habs fans like the idea of hockey more than the actual sport itself.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He is so fantastic no one wants him to coach! Sit him right down beside Carbonneau as another "fantastic, excellent" coach no one wants.

So this is all you have? Ofcourse we wont find you defending him, you can barely attack him let alone defend him.

I see his vision clearly, he wanted to rid the team of bad contracts, move away from small injury prone forwards and stockpile picks for the future. We are not cracking the human genome here. I bet had Gionta not been injured he would have been traded and if the new CBA hadn't been just around the corner Gomez would have been buried.

Gauthier got a job almost immediately with a cup contender, seems like the hockey world disagrees with your "indepth" assessment.

Cool story bro. The hockey world fired him and gave him a severe demotion. Martin is more accomplished, saying otherwise is insanely biased.

I like how you say "that is all you have?" as if someone asked me to state his faults earlier. Sorry for cutting to the chase.

He wanted to get rid of bad contracts so he got bourque and kaberle. YESSSS SUCCESS.

Cammalleri didn't perform but he was our best forward in playoffs, it's not like he was an absolute failure like Bourque in a habs jersey.

Anyway, suit yourself. I really don't care. He got fired from his position as a GM. He did not get rehired as a GM. Hey, I used to be a CEO somewhere and got fired but I'm not bad because I got hired as a Supervisor elsewhere. Yes, so relevant.

So, Pierre Gauthier moved from a position where his vision matters to one where it doesn't? Holy ****, big surprise.

Get over it man. I don't think Gauthier is scum but he sucked. He didn't do **** in anaheim and he didn't do **** here.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Edit: I am going to take a bit of a shot in the dark here. Seems everyone has this irrational hate for Gauthier and his time here. Everything that ever went wrong just falls on the guy and nothing he did well gets brought up. I don't think it was his moves at all that caused the hate just like Gainey was beloved even today after he bailed out and let the habs crash and burn saddled with some of the most repulsive contracts we've seen. I think it was just his demeanor, he was weird and awkward and didn't pander and grovel to the "faithful" and the media. Could it be so simple? Is Gauthier hated with a fury for the same shallow sad reasons as why the masses cry out for a french player at every draft? He just isn't liked, kinda like how Koivu was hounded his entire career Gauthier gets to suffer because no matter what he did he would never be a "folk hero" like gainey. He is just a weird vegetarian who canned Cammy in the middle of a game and handed a bumbling french coach his walking papers.

I am starting to think habs fans like the idea of hockey more than the actual sport itself.

Did you read a word I said? Wow. I even said the team is to blame and it doesn't rest on gauthier's shoulder's entirely.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Cool story bro. The hockey world fired him and gave him a severe demotion. Martin is more accomplished, saying otherwise is insanely biased.

I like how you say "that is all you have?" as if someone asked me to state his faults earlier. Sorry for cutting to the chase.

He wanted to get rid of bad contracts so he got bourque and kaberle. YESSSS SUCCESS.

Cammalleri didn't perform but he was our best forward in playoffs, it's not like he was an absolute failure like Bourque in a habs jersey.

Anyway, suit yourself. I really don't care. He got fired from his position as a GM. He did not get rehired as a GM. Hey, I used to be a CEO somewhere and got fired but I'm not bad because I got hired as a Supervisor elsewhere. Yes, so relevant.

So, Pierre Gauthier moved from a position where his vision matters to one where it doesn't? Holy ****, big surprise.

Get over it man. I don't think Gauthier is scum but he sucked. He didn't do **** in anaheim and he didn't do **** here.

Bourque and Kaberle are bad contracts? Go find me some comparables before you start making outlandish statements.

Cammy was great in the playoffs, just like Kovalev, maybe we should have re-signed him and we could have had the strongest team not in the playoffs.

If you think Chicago is going to fire their GM at the drop of a hat you are being asinine. If you have a successful business and a talented piece of management becomes available on the market you don't fire to make room you simply get him into the organization. That isn't even mentioning the **** storm of controversy left behind him when the media ranted/lied and tears of the "faithful" started flowing.

"He Sucked" - LyricalLyricist

Kinda makes Sal sound like Shakespeare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad