Brian Engblom

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
One thing that many color guys including Engblom do that annoys me is when a star player, usually Kuch for us, makes a somewhat nice play and Engblom is like "he's one of the very few players in the world who can pull this off". Maybe I'm just a boring person but I hate people raving about plays that are not very unusual.
He also says the same thing about multiple players. “Only X could do that” or “There’s no one better than Y at ...”

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I would love to see Chief with Engblom between the benches just like Pierre McGuire was with Susan Sarandon last night in the Pens - Rangers game. That was some of the most awkward, yet somehow entertaining broadcasting I've seen in a while. Sarandon sounded like she was hammered (like the Chief). It would be hilarious!!
Ha the only things she “contributed” was “wow“, „oohhh” and repeating “he’s my favorite” over and over again. :laugh:

IIRC she did not return after the 1st period...

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Brian Engblom would have been perfect in Vegas, teach people about hockey.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
The best trolling I ever did on these boards was when I made myself a chief avatar. Just looking at his mug next to my posts had all the posters in the main board all a bugaboo. They were all like “whaaaaaat?”

I mean we used to get weekly threads on the main boards with people complaining about him.

Yeah, I guess you could say I miss him.

Reactions: Hoek and Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The best trolling I ever did on these boards was when I made myself a chief avatar. Just looking at his mug next to my posts had all the posters in the main board all a bugaboo. They were all like “whaaaaaat?”

I mean we used to get weekly threads on the main boards with people complaining about him.

Yeah, I guess you could say I miss him.
I miss The Chief, too. But, at this point, as far as a replacement, I wouldn't trade Engblom. He and Peckham have developed a good rapport. That line has good chemistry, I think.

BucsNBolts

May 12, 2016
Tampa, FL
He's grown on me. Although I hate it when he goes on and on about how good an opposing player is. Worst, is when they interview opposing players between periods (like a few games ago with Marchand, uggh!). Couldn't care less about those player's opinions. Want to hear from our players during an intermission.

But, in general, the telecast ticks me off to no end when they just talk over stoppages of play without explaining what happened or go to commercial due to a penalty and don't identify which team got the penalty.

Reactions: Iceman and Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
He's grown on me. Although I hate it when he goes on and on about how good an opposing player is. Worst, is when they interview opposing players between periods (like a few games ago with Marchand, uggh!). Couldn't care less about those player's opinions. Want to hear from our players during an intermission.

But, in general, the telecast ticks me off to no end when they just talk over stoppages of play without explaining what happened or go to commercial due to a penalty and don't identify which team got the penalty.
Yeah, that Marchand interview (in that particular game no less) was totally tone deaf. Talk about an outright slap in the face to the fanbase. Because we weren't quite pissed off enough about the way that game was going, apparently.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah, that Marchand interview (in that particular game no less) was totally tone deaf. Talk about an outright slap in the face to the fanbase. Because we weren't quite pissed off enough about the way that game was going, apparently.
Wasn’t it on national TV though? I could be wrong.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
A lot of times when we're doing really bad and the coach needs everyone's attention we get a player from the other team. And for better or worse Marchand is a "star" so that's why we got him.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Mod Warning: Several posts deleted. Let’s stay on topic and let’s refrain from personally attacking other posters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad