Brian Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Quarter*

Can anyone give me the lowdown on Ottawa goalie prospect Brian Elliott out of Wisconsin U?
Is the guy gonna be a serviceable goaltender in the NHL someday?

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
He is a very very solid tender, I think he could make the show after a year or 2 in the AHL. He was the backbone of that badgers team, when he got injured they lost 4 in row after.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Yes. As USA! mentioned he would likely need some time in the AHL to get a legit shot at sticking in the NHL.

He's a wonderful goaltender. Very methodical and calculated both in the way he thinks the game and how he moves. He anticipates extremely well. He's very composed (read that doesn't get rattled easily), possesses a great glove, willing to challenge shooters (he's been pretty darn good on breakaways this season) and isn't likely to give them much to shoot at. Good lateral movement and his puck-handling isn't too shabby either. IMO, the mental aspect of the game is Elliott's greatest attribute (well, along with his consistency this season).

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Well, sight unseen, he definitely has the chips stacked against him.

If you break drafted goaltenders up into 5 groups (those who developed in: WHL, OHL, QMJHM, Europe and NCAA), the NCAA is dead last in getting their goalies into the NHL and longevity of their careers.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7828

(toot my own horn a little bit)

You never know, he might be one of the few that buck the trend, but he's got some hurdles to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad