Brian Burke coming on CKNW just after 10pm PST / 1am EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

Meriadoc Brandybuck said:
Is this all not really Burkies fault anyways? I mean, wasnt he one of the main guys when the NHL got ***** by the PA in 95?

Dan Russel is a chipmunk. He's never given me any tickets. *******.
According to Burkie he did a great job in 1994-95 - it was just the stupid GM's and owners who failed to use the tools he had provided them.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
this doesn't want to work for me at all, any chance anyone has it in mp3? or hosted on another site? It just doesn't want to connect....

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
Injektilo said:
this doesn't want to work for me at all, any chance anyone has it in mp3? or hosted on another site? It just doesn't want to connect....
It must be a technical problem with your computer because I just linked up to it again without a problem.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
misterjaggers said:
It must be a technical problem with your computer because I just linked up to it again without a problem.

damn. it just keep refusing to connect for me.

i'll reinstall wmp and see if that does anything i guess.

IceDragoon

Jun 25, 2003
South of Sanity
Visit site
Wetcoaster said:
Well it cannot be working out too well for him since he quit drawing his salary when the players were locked out. :eek:
:D
futurcorerock beat you to it and took me to task for my "mis-speak" ^up there^.
Sry, guys.
That doesn't change my read on Bobby G, one iota.
He's getting something out of all this.
If not... he's an idiot.
btw - imo - BG's no idiot... He's a shark.

Wetcoaster

IceDragoon said:
:D
futurcorerock beat you to it and took me to task for my "mis-speak" ^up there^.
Sry, guys.
That doesn't change my read on Bobby G, one iota.
He's getting something out of all this.
If not... he's an idiot.
btw - imo - BG's no idiot... He's a shark.
And what precisely would Goodenow be getting out of this?

BTW Goodenow is not the only senior executive at the NHLPA not drawing his salary. Neither is Ted Saskin nor Ian Pulver. The employees at the NHLPA are still being paid.

Unlike Eagleson he fully divested himself of his outside business interests when he joined the NHLPA to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest.

myrocketsgotcracked

Wetcoaster said:

BTW Goodenow is not the only senior executive at the NHLPA not drawing his salary. Neither is Ted Saskin nor Ian Pulver. The employees at the NHLPA are still being paid.

Unlike Eagleson he fully divested himself of his outside business interests when he joined the NHLPA to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest.
i remember reading somewhere that goodenow still have 6 yrs (with big money) left on his contract, so even if he messed this negotiation up and gets fired, and even if he dont get pay at all this year, he'll still get something out of this (the rest of his contract)

IceDragoon

Jun 25, 2003
South of Sanity
Visit site
Wetcoaster said:
And what precisely made you think that I should know this?

I stand by my "hunch".
It must be "worth their while", so to speak.
Nature of the beast, and all that.
:cheers:

Wetcoaster

IceDragoon said:
And what precisely made you think that I should know this?I stand by my "hunch".
It must be "worth their while", so to speak.
Nature of the beast, and all that.
:cheers:
So, in other words you do not have the slightest clue about what you claim.

Wetcoaster

SuperKarateMonkey said:
i remember reading somewhere that goodenow still have 6 yrs (with big money) left on his contract, so even if he messed this negotiation up and gets fired, and even if he dont get pay at all this year, he'll still get something out of this (the rest of his contract)
Which would be the same with any employment contract.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
SuperKarateMonkey said:

$20m over 6 years, signed in 2002. Goodenow is financially safe, he's got enough money to ride this out for a few years yet.

Wetcoaster

me2 said:
$20m over 6 years, signed in 2002. Goodenow is financially safe, he's got enough money to ride this out for a few years yet.
However like the players he is foregoing his salary during the lockout.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
The league and the PA simply need to agree to create a new position that creates a mediator between the two parties.. not so much for this lockout, but for after it...

Someone like Wayne(just for the sake of not thinking of anyone better off hand)... who works with the commish office and communicates with the PA leadership....

Paid by Both Sides....

IceDragoon

Jun 25, 2003
South of Sanity
Visit site
Wetcoaster said:
So, in other words you do not have the slightest clue about what you claim.
I'm claiming that I have an o-p-i-n-i-o-n.
At no time did I claim to have any info.
No need to go all "high-and-mighty-lawyer" on me.

Damm!!!
Now I have to do penance.
I gave up oxymorons for Lent.
;)

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
I have to agree with Ice Dragoon. Big payday coming for NHLPA front line people. As for Goodenow going one better than Eagleson, that shouldn't be too damn difficult. :lol

myrocketsgotcracked

Wetcoaster said:
However like the players he is foregoing his salary during the lockout.
however, unlike the players his salary are guaranteed, its a matter of timing (get it now if the nhl is playing, or get it later if/when hes fired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad