JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hall Zajac Palmieri
Johansson Hischier Mcleod
Henrique Zacha Noesen
Wood Boyle Lappin

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Not bad, but, I'd rather have JQ in over Lappin.

That 2nd line if awfully inexperienced too.

Quenneville is really a LW or center though? Same for Blandisi

Maybe Wood starts in Binghamton and Blandisi is the 4th line LW due to waivers?

You have most of the competition on the left side.

So known RW's with experience:
Palmieri
Noesen
Lappin

Potential RW's
Speers
Bastian
Mcleod ( Mcleod last because I think ideally we want him in the middle)

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Not bad, but, I'd rather have JQ in over Lappin.

That 2nd line if awfully inexperienced too.

Agreed, Quenneville should definitely be on the team over Lappin.

I would also move Johansson to his off-wing with Henrique and Zacha so that line has a little more experience. McLeod should be at center on the third line. He's tailor made for the middle. Not so sure the same is true about Zacha.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hall Zajac Palmieri
Johansson Hischier Mcleod
Henrique Zacha Noesen
Wood Boyle Lappin

That's likely what we're working with here. I agree with DD though that the inexperience in that middle-six worries me, but I suppose you can spread the wealth.

Think they try out some of the LWs at RW too -- Johansson, Zacha, and Quenneville -- to see if they can fit in on their off-side.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Interesting that Boyle didn't take so many faceoffs this season.

For comparison Vern Fiddler took 689 faceoffs in 59 games with 53.7 win%. That was good 27th in the league in FO%

Boyle took 581 in 75 games with a 52.2 win% that was good for 32nd in the league in FO%

Zajac took 1617(10th in the league in faceoffs) with a 54.7%. 20th in the league in FO%

Edit:
What's even more interesting Fiddler got all those faceoffs playing this season with two of the best faceoffmen in the league with Zajac and Mike Fisher in Nashville.

Last edited:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I think the organization has a much higher opinion of Speers than most fans do.

I would probably have him in the same group of Zacha, Hischier, JQ and McLeod, as far as being given every opportunity.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Gignac, Bastian, Wood, Speers, Quenneville, Lappin...Maybe the plan is for Binghamton to be very good in its inaugural Devil season?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Fiddler was a FOGO (face-off/get off) guy for the Devils all year plus he was on PK1 for his time in NJ and his line constantly iced the puck for more faceoff fun. I don't think there's much to look into there.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think the organization has a much higher opinion of Speers than most fans do.

I would probably have him in the same group of Zacha, Hischier, JQ and McLeod, as far as being given every opportunity.

Based on him getting a couple games to start last year?

It does say they see something.

But it also speaks to our RW depth. Which is still bad. So yeah he could get another go of it.

But imo giving McLeod some RW duties to break him in makes sense. His size and speed gives him a leg up on Speers. Speers is AHL eligible, McLeod is not. And while in this plan McLeod starts at wing, him being in the league allows him to get center minutes along the way.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Based on him getting a couple games to start last year?

It does say they see something.

But it also speaks to our RW depth. Which is still bad. So yeah he could get another go of it.

But imo giving McLeod some RW duties to break him in makes sense. His size and speed gives him a leg up on Speers. Speers is AHL eligible, McLeod is not. And while in this plan McLeod starts at wing, him being in the league allows him to get center minutes along the way.

Many members of the organization have said how much they like Speers.

They aren't the only ones as Canada also showed how high they were on him by keeping a spot open for him despite his injury.

Hockey people like this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->