Brett Sterling.

GSK*

Did you think he'll made the NHL ? He's very small at 5'8 but in the new NHL its less important then before.

He's rookie in the AHL he got 31 goals and 18 assists and 48pts in 30 games.

He's only 22 years old...

Thought about him?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Did you think he'll made the NHL ? He's very small at 5'8 but in the new NHL its less important then before.

Thought about him?

31 goals in 30 games is certianly very, very impressive for an AHL rookie. He looks to be a solid 5'8'', too. If Jordin Tootoo can play his role in the NHL at that size, than I don't see why Sterling can't.

Enstrom39

Apr 1, 2006
www.birdwatchersanonymous.com

Thought about him?

He is more of a finisher than a playmaker. He doesn't have great speed. Good hands and good shot.

If the Thrashers put him on a line with a good playmaking center (which Atlanta lacks right now) and give him PP opportunities he could be a NHL player, but he is not going to generate a ton of chances on his own in my opinion. Perhaps some day we will see Brian Little center Sterling in a short-but-skilled line.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Thought about him?

Sterling will be one of those guys that rips up the AHL but just can't duplicate it at the NHL level. He just doesn't have the goods to overcome his small stature like a Gionta, St. Louis and others do. Reminds me alot of Darren Haydar.

Richter_Fan

Sep 27, 2004
He is more of a finisher than a playmaker. He doesn't have great speed. Good hands and good shot.

If the Thrashers put him on a line with a good playmaking center (which Atlanta lacks right now) and give him PP opportunities he could be a NHL player, but he is not going to generate a ton of chances on his own in my opinion. Perhaps some day we will see Brian Little center Sterling in a short-but-skilled line.

What the hell are you talking about?? Sterling is probably one of the fastest guy in the AHL and he got a really good pair of hand and a decent shot. Where do you take your information?

Thats the worst scouting report and the most inaccurate i ever seen on him...

markg

Nov 17, 2006
So, is he fast or not??? :dunno:

Cause his stats have been amazing throughout his career... And he still his the leading goal scorer in the AHL as a rookie.

Could he do like Gionta and St. Louis and become a star in the NHL?

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Don't forget Mike Cammalleri is about 5'9" as well and he isn't even exceptional fast like most midgets in the NHL.

On the other hand, O'Sullivan scored 47 goals last season and was clearly not ready.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
My question is whether or not the guy can skate. I assume his skating is problematic because, other than the size, everything else is seemingly there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->