Confirmed with Link: Brett Connolly 1 year 850k

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
BMGM said he wanted a new 9 and 10 forward, looks like he was a man of his word again.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
GKuz6IP.png

z6y5b0O.jpg

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Man, Boston fans really seemed to hate this guy. Apparently he's a guy who can't finish and is missing a bone now in his shooting hand (or something like this?).

Whatever. It's 850k. It's fine.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Am I the only one who views Brett Connolly as more of a 12/13F than a 10F? To me, he's an improved Galiev in terms of being scoring depth that can fill in higher in the line-up should injury bugs hit. He's not an everyday grinder. He doesn't kill penalties. As a right shot, he's highly unlikely to get an PP time (although he bumps Wilson and Beagle down the emergency PP depth chart).

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Am I the only one who views Brett Connolly as more of a 12/13F than a 10F? To me, he's an improved Galiev in terms of being scoring depth that can fill in higher in the line-up should injury bugs hit. He's not an everyday grinder. He doesn't kill penalties. As a right shot, he's highly unlikely to get an PP time (although he bumps Wilson and Beagle down the emergency PP depth chart).

There's no way he should be a 9th or 10th F/3rd liner. He is a 4th liner.... and that's fine.

He'll stand up for his teammates though (Even though he usually loses his fights).

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

you could be right, perhaps this pushes galiev out for a trade? yes total guess

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I hope he gets to compete for a bottom 6 job (and a third line RW job) and isn't immediately placed into healthy scratch territory because of his pricetag.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site

Connolly is a fairly physical forechecker. He is not consistent effort wise though, which landed him into Claude Julien's doghouse. He can complement offensive players fairly well, at a pace of about .5 PPG when playing with decent players.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

yea, my read is that he is a spare forward. i think galiev is going to play and connelly to sit and catch games as they are available.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Zero chance Wilson scores 20 goals next year. Okay, maybe like a 2% chance.

Wilson has 14 career goals in 231 career games and has never scored more than 2 goals in a month... 14 goals in 231 goals is one goal every 16.5 games on average. He's not all of a sudden go from that after 231 NHL games to a guy that scores a goal once every four games. Not gonna happen.

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015
Man, Boston fans really seemed to hate this guy. Apparently he's a guy who can't finish and is missing a bone now in his shooting hand (or something like this?).

Whatever. It's 850k. It's fine.

Bruins fan here. I actually liked Connolly - always played hard, second among forwards on the team in hits, good bottom-six guy. I found he was much better than Jimmy Hayes. Had a LOT of bad puck luck and could've had better numbers last season. Played with Bergeron and Marchand a lot but was the guy that did most of the dirty work. I think he was misused due to a lack of scoring RW depth, so he was mostly on the top line. Gave the fourth line some flare but I don't think that's his ceiling.

Most Bruins fans were way too hard on him IMO. Definitely frustrating to watch at times but the effort is definitely there. He was never given a good look on the third line, which he and the team could have benefitted from. Doesn't seem like he's reached his offensive potential but I think there's still time. Sad to see him go. I think he could fit well on a physical Capitals team. Hope he finds a little more success there. I'd like to think he learned a thing or two playing with Bergy and Marchy. Looked like he was finding his game before Stempniak took his place.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure if this is a lateral move from Latta (Latta-ral lelz) or if they see something else in BC. Saw some highlights of him in TB and his shot seems OK but not overwhelming or particularly blinding. Paints the corners a lot, and if people are saying he had bad puck luck from hitting too many posts maybe he just needs to simplify his game a bit and shoot a bit less toward the edges.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
Bruins fan here. I actually liked Connolly - always played hard, second among forwards on the team in hits, good bottom-six guy. I found he was much better than Jimmy Hayes. Had a LOT of bad puck luck and could've had better numbers last season. Problem was he was played on a role above his current skill set. Played with Bergeron and Marchand a lot but was the guy that did most of the dirty work. Gave the fourth line some flare but I don't think that's his ceiling.

Bruins fans were way too hard on him IMO. He was never given a good look on the third line, which he and the team could have benefitted from. Doesn't seem like he's reached his offensive potential but I think there's still time. Sad to see him go. I think he could fit well on a physical Capitals team. Hope he finds a little more success there. I'd like to think he learned a thing or two playing with Bergy and Marchy. Looked like he was finding his game before Stempniak took his place.
Thanks for the input. I like the move.

The Zapper

Dec 22, 2015
Thanks for the input. I like the move.

There were many times where he seemed so close to breaking out, but his hockey IQ was not quite there. He's still young and plays every shift, might just be a late bloomer but the pricetag is good. Julien seemed to trust him and he's very picky when it comes to young players.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Now that we've loaded up with Connolly and Eller the Cup will finally be ours.....................................................................................................................................................................

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->