Brent Sopel should replace Pronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I think that Sopel has shown that he has the ability to step it up in big games. His impeccable two-way game and flawless skating would be a huge asset for Canada on the World Cup stage.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
kmad said:
I think that Sopel has shown that he has the ability to step it up in big games. His impeccable two-way game and flawless skating would be a huge asset for Canada on the World Cup stage.

It's STUART, not SOPEL.

SopelFan*

kmad said:
Even I can't help you with this one... :joker:

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
kmad said:

You are kidding, right? :help:

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Totally agree. Also, Cory Cross should be first in line to replace Niedermayer should he suffer an injury.

A little defensive are we? Bouwmeester is a way better pick then Sopel. As for your comment about Cross, that was kinda pointless. Cross is terrible and everyone knows it.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
oildrop said:
A little defensive are we? Bouwmeester is a way better pick then Sopel. As for your comment about Cross, that was kinda pointless. Cross is terrible and everyone knows it.

You seem to be under the impression that I was responding to you, which I wasn't. It was a sarcastic response to the original post.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
kmad said:

Sopel sucks so bad, I would cry if he was team Canada's team. THankfully they chose a kid who is ten times the D man Sopel is.

What is this love on for Brent "I trip over backwards on my ass" Sopel?

SopelFan*

With defensemen like Brewer on the team, I wouldn't be spouting off too much about Sopel...

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
SopelFan said:
With defensemen like Brewer on the team, I wouldn't be spouting off too much about Sopel...

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I would seriously consider Sopel at least as good as Brewer. Stuart, Mccabe are both far better. But since Kevin Lowe is the assistant GM...

Shappa

Oct 11, 2002
Time to start counting down the time it takes for the 'Steve McKenna for shootouts' thread....

BCCHL inactive

Brewer is miles better than Sopel. While Sopel contributes more offense, Brewer can actually play his position...defence. Eric Brewer has also been spectacular in international competition. He plays his best hockey with the Maple Leaf on his chest, and has shown it at a few World Championships and the 2002 Olympics.

Bouwmeester should have been Blake's replacement over Scott Hannan. I hate to see Pronger go down, but Bouwmeester deserves the shot.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Sopel is also a great open-ice hitter and would intimidate large forwards like Roenick. It would be a mistake NOT to use him.

SedinFan*

Hemsky83 said:
What the double HE hockey sticks is going on here? And the criticism of the Oilers players continues. Get off your high horse.

Personally I have no idea why Brewer even comes close to making this team. He's so incredibly overrated.

And no, Brent Sopel shouldn't come close to making the team.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
For the last time Brewer was not a pick of Lowe's for the WC!!!!

Gretz said Brewer was considered an automatic given his strong play during the last half of the year, his 2 great World Championship apperances and his Olympics. No one challenged his selection when he was brought up.

Gretz even mentioned he would likely be a top 4 player on the team!! Some Vancouver fans seem to have this huge vendetta against him for some reason. You may not like him, you may not like his selection but he is one of the better young D-men in the world and has given the WC executives no reason to pass him by.

Did any of you guys even watch any of the world championships? Brewer was playing alongside Neidermeyer at times and their play was pretty comparable. And I think Neidermeyer is one of the best in the world. Brewer is going to prove a lot of people wrong in the next few years. Count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->