Value of: Brent Seabrook

Seabrook's fate with Chicago?

• Total voters

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
you forgot the most realistic option: buyout. or maybe the habs will trade for him to add to their plethora of terrible contracts

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The buyout isn’t a likely option at all. He will be traded or LTIR

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
All those trade scenarios are unrealistic. I highly doubt he'd return that much.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Hawks need to trade him soon if they ever want to get that contract off their books.

He can probably get back a #4/5 D or a 3rd liner with too many dollars and years on their deal. Two names that come to mind are Bogosian and Eriksson, in terms of play vs contract.

Within 6 months to a year, CHI will be unable to trade Seabrook for a player like that IMO. Pull the trigger now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think that Seabrook is compliance bought out perhaps? I mean he means a lot to the team from one perspective, does it make sense to trade him for another bad deal? At least you know what you have in him on the ice, in the locker room etc.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hawks missed their chance to move him. That season before Stan gave him that damn extension there were a plethora of teams interested if I remember correctly. Now you'd probably have to attach a guy like Schmaltz or DeBrincat to get rid of his ass.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I think Chicago would have to package a high pick and/or promising prospect to get rid of that contract. The contract is bad enough and his play has fallen off a cliff.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
you forgot the most realistic option: buyout. or maybe the habs will trade for him to add to their plethora of terrible contracts

The buyout isn’t a likely option at all. He will be traded or LTIR

Went w/other for buyout
He will not immediately be bought out, but after a couple years of continued healthy scratch, then LTIR, eventually they will need to get him off the books.

My $ would be on special added buyouts put into the next CBA.

----------
There was a possibility of moving Seabs for Staal + Girardi a year or 2 ago, which IMO the Rangers would have considered if they could have considered if they could have then flipped a discounted Seabs to perhaps EDM, but the win now crowds screamed the loudest.

Now, Seabs has so deteriorated that for this much $, I don't see a legitimate basis for another team to go there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->