Brent Seabrook and Cam Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedinFan*

First off, I saw them both play today and was I ever impressed with Cam Barker. He's going to be at the very worst a #4 dman in the league.

Brent Seabrook on the other hand was..well he was questionable to say the least. Didn't see the skating that I had hoped to see, suspect at best, didn't see the shot I was expecting to see, and didn't see the decision making, reminded me a lot of an Adrian Aucoin type body, but the mental side of Brent Sopel (of a couple seasons ago).

Not a bad autmosphere at the Enmax Centre in Lethbridge. 5,597 horn blowing albertans.

Saw many Canuck jerseys, enjoyed that.

Anyone seen Seabrook play? Or Cam Barker?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Ya, I was at the game...

Wow... I saw it different... I usually hate Seabrook but he played very smart tonight(the dude plays 40+mins) so he doesn't get to go all out every shift... his PP Q'bing SUCKED tonight though...

Barker was a big let down for me personally tonight... I thought "Don't call me Doris" Day stood out more on Defence tonight, and he was passed over in the draft this year...

I am not being a homer either way, I am usually impressed with Barker and annoyed with Seabrook -but tonight was the other way around.

VERSTEEG was ELECTRIC tonight... he is such a smart player- with wheels... I can see why the Bruins came out of nowhere and drafted him high (relative)... he is going to have a hell of a season (and career if he can bulk up nicely)..

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I've talked with my buddy Kenny Petkau who is currently injured with a disclocated kneecap, but will apparently play with Versteeg when he returns.

Petkau said to me that Barker looked very good, and said that had there of been an NHL, he'd probably be playing.

He also told me the exact same thing S_F has said, that Seabrook looked stinkin' terrible.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Fair enough... I most likely had too high of expectations for Barker... and my expectations for Seabrook have become so low I am impressed with performances like tonight...

How big is Petkau?

X-SHARKIE

I love Cam Barker, glad everyone else is seeing him as an elite prospect because he really is, he should be a gamer when he's older.

Now i'm one of Brent Seabrooks fans....I really liked him before the 2003 draft, and last year at the WJC's he only proved him self more to me.

One game you can see Brent play a monster game, others you go ....man he isn't doing anything!

Blackhawks along with another fav of mine Babchuk have some great prospects on the back end.

SedinFan*

Steve Marr was good as well. That dude can hit the hell out of anyone. I love how he takes runs at people.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
SedinFan said:
Steve Marr was good as well. That dude can hit the hell out of anyone. I love how he takes runs at people.

The Hurricanes looked scared to mix it up with the big Tigers D... the 'Canes have alot of fast small shifty forwards... so they could definately use a big-bodied-banger... I think they still have room for 1 more over-ager on their roster right?

Anyone know who potentially available?

And I thought Lammers was OK skill-wise ( I don't know how he did for Canada this summer?).. but he bailed out a few times where he had the other guy lined-up/head down... the guy looks as soft as puppy-poo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad