Brendl or Beech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Beech, IMO Brendl is a complete bust, but I think Beech is capable of scoring at least 10-15 goals a year. Brendl had a huge upside but he's barely displayed flashes of brilliance.

X-SHARKIE

I saw him in the AHL this year. I mean I Saw Brendl, not Beech. I would take Brendl going by what i've seen of him this season and what I saw of Beech last year. Brendl has definitly improved his game, his defenisve habbits are much improved, he has big big upside. Could be a late bloomer, Bertuzzi like, To much upside to say no to Brendl here.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
stardog said:
I was discussing this with a few people on the Pens board. Who would you rather have in your system, Pavel Brendl or Kris Beech?

I would take Brendl, I think Brendl is taking alot of strides in his game now and is starting to realize that to make it he is going to have to work. I think Brendl has alot more upside than Beech.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Brendl is three NHL goals shy of Beech but in about thirty fewer games, and he has a better PPG. Also, Brendl is an AHL all-star this season. I've watched both guys since their junior days and I'll say Brendl, even though he's been a disappointment thus far in the NHL.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Beech was a joke at 7th overall. I remeber when he was drafted I almost choked. Soft and only semi-skilled. He may play in the NHL one day, but he has a lot of work to do. Personally I have thought he was overrated since he was in junior.

Brendl I think will come around as he matures and learns to back check and use his teammates.

I would take Pavel Brendl by a wide margin.

Liquidrage*

Can Brendl skate yet?

He was without a doubt the worst skater I've ever seen in the NHL.

At times, and I am not exaggerating, he looked like he had maybe been skating for only a year or two.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Liquidrage said:
Can Brendl skate yet?

He was without a doubt the worst skater I've ever seen in the NHL.

At times, and I am not exaggerating, he looked like he had maybe been skating for only a year or two.

Well i'm not sure when exactly you saw him, but if it was at any time during last season he was skating through ligament damage in his knee and was hobbled considerably. He looks to have a lot more jump this season and is even down a few pounds to playing weight and he looks outstanding.

I'd say Brendl beyond a shadow of a doubt. Beech has never impressed me at all.

Liquidrage*

Caniacforever said:
Well i'm not sure when exactly you saw him, but if it was at any time during last season he was skating through ligament damage in his knee and was hobbled considerably. He looks to have a lot more jump this season and is even down a few pounds to playing weight and he looks outstanding.

I'd say Brendl beyond a shadow of a doubt. Beech has never impressed me at all.

Interesting. I don't recall anyone every mentioning ligament damage when he was with the Flyers but it makes sense. His skating was simply horrible.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Liquidrage said:
Interesting. I don't recall anyone every mentioning ligament damage when he was with the Flyers but it makes sense. His skating was simply horrible.

From Carolina Hurricanes.com:

"He earned one assist in eight games with Carolina last season before undergoing arthroscopic surgery on Feb. 25 to repair torn cartilage in his right knee."

He came over from Philidelphia as damaged goods last season and played the rest of the season out before getting it repaired. Nobody knows exactly when the injury was sustained but it could have been as early as the first few Flyer games he played.

JackDaniel

Dec 14, 2003
Depend of what you are looking for IMHO.

Beech will cetainly be a 15-20-35 pts player in the NHL but not more.

Brendl could be a 35 G scorer but could also be a total bust IMO.

Make your choice!

JD

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Beech has been producing well in the AHL also. I beleive he is the leading scorer on WBS. There is no room for him on top 2 lines in Pittsburgh, with Malone now at center, Fata at center, Eastwood and Holzinger being 3rd and 4th line centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->