Waived: Brendan Smith (Update: CLEARED)

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
The takes on here this week have been something else.

We couldn't give him away, he's signed for 3 more years with only 900k of his cap buried...you just want to take the dead cap and never give him another shot?

He doesn't deserve another shot.
He's barely AHL and even that's questionable..
We all have weddings and parties we go to and yet we all show up to work on Monday morning..
f*** Smith for wasting all of our time..

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Of course he deserves another shot. He played poorly, probably didn’t train hard enough. He didn’t commit a felony. He apparently hasn’t burned any bridges. And he’s signed for three more seasons. The most logical action for Smith is to train hard and be his best self for next season. And the most logical move for the Rangers is to encourage him to be that guy.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
We all have weddings and parties we go to and yet we all show up to work on Monday morning..
**** Smith for wasting all of our time..
Posts like these are inexcusable. They are naive and sound like they are coming from someone who has a lot of temper tantrums and/or hasnt been watching the game of hockey that long.

Smith has been more than serviceable as an NHL* defenseman his whole career and from a young age. He did not all of the sudden forget how to play hockey. Sure he has flaws but a lot of defensemen in the NHL do. Heck McDonagh does. He came into the season out of shape. He is certainly not an AHL defensemen and does deserve another shot

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Posts like these are inexcusable. They are naive and sound like they are coming from someone who has a lot of temper tantrums and/or hasnt been watching the game of hockey that long.

Smith has been more than serviceable as an NHL* defenseman his whole career and from a young age. He did not all of the sudden forget how to play hockey. Sure he has flaws but a lot of defensemen in the NHL do. Heck McDonagh does. He came into the season out of shape. He is certainly not an AHL defensemen and does deserve another shot

Dude, what are you talking shit about now?
Now you're comparing Smith to McD?
Are you serious with hyperbole?
You sound like a little baby that's mad just because someone ragged on your favorite player so now you're taking your ball and going home.
You should go post this drivel on the Main or Detroit boards.
You get laughed right out of their board.
Seriously..

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Dude, what are you talking **** about now?
Now you're comparing Smith to McD?
Are you serious with hyperbole?
You sound like a little baby that's mad just because someone ragged on your favorite player so now you're taking your ball and going home.
You should go post this drivel on the Main or Detroit boards.
You get laughed right out of their board.
Seriously..

After your previous post to which RGY responded, you should be the last person to criticize him for sounding like a baby.

Read what you wrote.

**** Smith for wasting all of our time..

Your post about Smith is filled with emotion, and to say that he doesn't deserve another chance is just crazy for several reasons. 6 bad months should not erase years of NHL play. He has had a very respectable NHL career so far. It is up to Smith to show he still belongs in the NHL. With 3 more years left on his contract after this season, it would be ridiculous to not give him a chance later on.

Reactions: egelband and RGY

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
After your previous post to which RGY responded, you should be the last person to criticize him for sounding like a baby.

Read what you wrote.

Your post about Smith is filled with emotion, and to say that he doesn't deserve another chance is just crazy for several reasons. 6 bad months should not erase years of NHL play. He has had a very respectable NHL career so far. It is up to Smith to show he still belongs in the NHL. With 3 more years left on his contract after this season, it would be ridiculous to not give him a chance later on.
He deserves another chance, but I'm cheering for DeAngelo and Pionk to play RD with Shattenkirk next year.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He deserves another chance, but I'm cheering for DeAngelo and Pionk to play RD with Shattenkirk next year.

Oh, same here. I really like Pionk. But I think it's ridiculous to just say "f*** Smith, he doesn't deserve a chance, he is wasting our time" after a bad few months. He showed up out of shape, and hasn't been the player he was when we acquired him. But should we just leave him there because he sucks now? What if he shows up in shape at camp this summer? Do we just say "f*** him, no second chances for you"? That's some bad management and honestly, an incredible childish way of thinking

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

Read what you wrote.

If you want to take it as emotional, knock yourself out.
The fact remains that this isn't some rookie we're talking about.
He's been in the league for what?
8 years?
He's known for doing this every year.
He's been scratched for 10 games in the first half of the season and still couldn't get his head out of his ass.
Now he's being completely outplayed by rookies in AD and now Gilmour and Pionk.
It's not like I'm just making this up.
This is Smith as advertised and now he's in the minors.
You can call it emotion all you want but the fact of the matter is that it's the reality of the situation and 100% true. Sorry if that bothers some of you guys but how do you explain it?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
8 years?
He's been scratched for 10 games in the first half of the season and still couldn't get his head out of his ass.
You can call it emotion all you want but the fact of the matter is that it's the reality of the situation and 100% true. Sorry if that bothers some of you guys but how do you explain it?

Clearly you don't understand what I was saying. That's fine. According to you, he doesn't deserve a second chance.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Clearly you don't understand what I was saying. That's fine. According to you, he doesn't deserve a second chance.

What I do understand is that my post is being criticized for coming off as too emotional/ irrational.
Instead of recognizing the real problem, RGY would rather start with the name calling mean while he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall.
But that's not childish or anything..SMH

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What I do understand is that my post is being criticized for coming off as too emotional/ irrational.
Instead of recognizing the real problem, RGY would rather start with the name calling mean while he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall.
But that's not childish or anything..SMH

Well, when you resort to saying "f*** Smith" you are not really making a great case for sounding rational.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Well, when you resort to saying "**** Smith" you are not really making a great case for sounding rational.
Thank you for stating everything I would have AK. Well put.

The bottom line is he is sounding off on a player who has had a respectable career. I believe he was the one stating Skjei carried him during the playoffs last season, which is completely and utterly untrue regardless of it was him or not who said it. The reactionary completely misguided posts are unneccessary.

Reactions: egelband

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Well, when you resort to saying "**** Smith" you are not really making a great case for sounding rational.

We're all adults here so how about putting a little more focus on the reasons why I don't feel Smith should be given anymore chances as opposed to just the one f bomb?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We're all adults here so how about putting a little more focus on the reasons why I don't feel Smith should be given anymore chances as opposed to just the one f bomb?

But you haven't given any reasons as to why Smith shouldn't be given a second chance.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
But you haven't given any reasons as to why Smith shouldn't be given a second chance.

8 years?

Honestly..Not sure if you're just trolling now

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Honestly..Not sure if you're just trolling now

Thats just a list of things that piss you off.

None of it adds up to Smtih not deserving a chance to earn his way back into our lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->