Brendan Shanahan

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He is mostly famous for his years with Red Wings.

How good was he when he played for this team for 4 seasons?

What did he bring on the ice?

Just asking out of curiosity.

cut.jpg

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He was the same type of player with the Blues. Nothing changed. Imagine if the idiot judge wouldn’t have given Stevens as compensation after the Blues signed Shanny? Hull, Oates, Shanny, Stevens, Courtnall, Brindamour. Dynasty?

Reactions: 67Blues

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
He was the same type of player with the Blues. Nothing changed. Imagine if the idiot judge wouldn’t have given Stevens as compensation after the Blues signed Shanny? Hull, Oates, Shanny, Stevens, Courtnall, Brindamour. Dynasty?

Yeah, but the Blues ended up trading Brindamour. I love Brian Sutter but ownership screwed up big time when they let Brian call the shots with trades. Just messed everything up.

Caron warned ownership that there could be severe repercussions in going after Shanahan and he was against it. Ended up he was correct. I believe to save Stevens from going he ended up offering Joseph and Brindamour as compensation, which is a heck of a package, but that got turned down as well.

Shanahan had his best NHL years as a Blue, but I never missed him once he left St. Louis.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Shanahan was my favorite Blue when he was here. He was the complete player. He was a scorer, a fighter, big hitter. He stuck up for his teammates. He made clutch goals. Hull was the top line and Shanahan anchored the 2nd line. Rumor at the time was that Keenan tried to trade Hull for Pronger, but Hartford wanted Shanahan instead. I think Schenn is the closest player to Shanahan on our current roster. I'll never forget when I heard on the radio that Shanahan was traded. And for some young defenseman from the Whalers. I was livid.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I remember a bunch of girls in school crying because Shanahan was traded. We're talking 12-14 year olds and it was hilarious to make fun of them, even though I was dead on the inside.

Reactions: shifting

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I remember a bunch of girls in school crying because Shanahan was traded. We're talking 12-14 year olds and it was hilarious to make fun of them, even though I was dead on the inside.

I was upset until my father told me why, even at 12 I could see what a douche move that was, it was the only think Keenan did right here

EDIT* I cannot believe this site filters that word, fine it was a female hygiene move

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Shanahan was my favorite Blue when he was here. He was the complete player. He was a scorer, a fighter, big hitter. He stuck up for his teammates. He made clutch goals. Hull was the top line and Shanahan anchored the 2nd line. Rumor at the time was that Keenan tried to trade Hull for Pronger, but Hartford wanted Shanahan instead. I think Schenn is the closest player to Shanahan on our current roster. I'll never forget when I heard on the radio that Shanahan was traded. And for some young defenseman from the Whalers. I was livid.

did he hit alot or just sometimes?

The Real Puckhead

Apr 22, 2018
The 3M line was the best! Brendan Shanahan, Craig Janney, Nelson Emerson. They called them the 3M line because of their salaries, Millions-Millions-Minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad