Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Lemieux Recalled

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I liked a lot of what Lemeiux showed, but I think he needs more polish to his game and getting big minutes on the Moose will accomplish that better than sitting in the press box. With Perrault back in the lineup I don't see how Lemieux gets on the ice (he's not a centre so wouldn't replace Hendricks and don't see him slotting in above any of Copp, Armia, Matthias, or Tanev).

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
With Lemieux in the pb the last few games, who comes out of the lineup for Perreault to go back in?

Ideally Hendricks, but PoMo might have other ideas.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
With Lemieux in the pb the last few games, who comes out of the lineup for Perreault to go back in?

Ideally Hendricks, but PoMo might have other ideas.

It really depends on who he wants at 4th line C

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
It really depends on who he wants at 4th line C

If he wants Hendricks in that spot, then Matthias would be the odd man out.

PoMo has to see that Hendricks just doesn't have the skating ability to play in the NHL anymore. Its painfully obvious to most hockey watchers.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

PoMo has to see that Hendricks just doesn't have the skating ability to play in the NHL anymore. Its painfully obvious to most hockey watchers.

Who does he like better on the PK? Copp or Hendricks

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
For a bottom six I wouldn't mind seeing ...

Perrault-Lowry-Armia/Tanev
Matthias-Copp-Armia/Tanev

Matthias has been snake-bitten, but I think he's shown more than Hendricks. I think either he or Copp could centre the 4th line. I guess Maurice likes Hendricks, but does he like him more than either of Copp or Matthias? I would not be outraged if he keeps Hendricks over one of those two, I don't see it making a massive difference.

Connor has been so good with Schiefele and Wheeler that I don't see Perrault displacing him, and I don't really see Maurice putting Laine or Ehlers on the third line as I think Perrault's style is more suited to a 3rd anchored by Lowry getting decent minutes.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Copp can slide to wing as well as C. I think Copp is in the lineup regardless of what they do with Hendricks. Matthias doesn't PK as much anymore, so he's likely headed to PB.

TBH I'm not sure exactly what they're gonna do. I do believe that who they choose will be based on intended PK use.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
TBH I'm not sure exactly what they're gonna do. I do believe that who they choose will be based on intended PK use.

I'm having a hard time finding stats ... how has the Jets PK been with Hendricks? If it's been decent I guess he stays and Copp or Matthias goes to the Press Box.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I'm having a hard time finding stats ... how has the Jets PK been with Hendricks? If it's been decent I guess he stays and Copp or Matthias goes to the Press Box.

Here's a stat:

That's the number of hockey coaches out of one who like to see old men hurt themselves for the team because they're not very good at killing penalties.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I mean I get that Mo will play plugs on the 4th line but I want the best plugs like Lemieux and give Lipon a chance over Matias and Hendricks still Mo hockey as changing that is beyond my wildest hopes but within those parameters.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Looks like Perrault is good to go. Lemieux showed well but getting big minutes to continue to round out his game is the best thing for him at this point.
I really hope that Perreault bounces back from his injury much quicker than he did last season.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I'd rather have Matthias in the lineup than Hendricks - even if that meant Matthias at 4C. Hendricks' goal was nice but doesn't change anything.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

You're probably right but I don't think our PK depends on personnel. Maybe Maurice does and that's why he keeps failing to fix it.

Not that personnel has nothing to do with it but the problem is systems.

IMO, Matthias should be better on the PK than Hendricks. He is faster, quicker and has a long reach. They are probably about equal in terms of thinking the play. Maurice may see it differently.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You're probably right but I don't think our PK depends on personnel. Maybe Maurice does and that's why he keeps failing to fix it.

Not that personnel has nothing to do with it but the problem is systems.

IMO, Matthias should be better on the PK than Hendricks. He is faster, quicker and has a long reach. They are probably about equal in terms of thinking the play. Maurice may see it differently.

I'm just talking about who they keep in the lineup assuming Perreault won't kill penalties then they will decide who will and that will form their lineup decision.

It sounds like it'll be the same lineup as last game now anyway unless Matthias can't go then we see Dano.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm just talking about who they keep in the lineup assuming Perreault won't kill penalties then they will decide who will and that will form their lineup decision.

It sounds like it'll be the same lineup as last game now anyway unless Matthias can't go then we see Dano.

That's what I understood you to mean. My guess is it will be between Matthias and Hendricks. Is there reason to suspect Matthias won't be able to go?

I'm assuming that Lemieux going down means that MP is back in. That + what PMo has said about his return.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Is there reason to suspect Matthias won't be able to go?

I'm assuming that Lemieux going down means that MP is back in. That + what PMo has said about his return.

Matthias blocked a shot at practice and did not finish.

Maurice and Perreault both confirmed he won't play tuesday

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I thought he played awesome during his time here, made himself a case but right now there's no room for him. But happy because he'll get ice time with the Moose.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I can easily see Lemieux over Dano for 4th line duties. Why no trade Dano though? Mo hates the guy would rather him sit in pb rest of career than play him. Or have him play for someone else.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I'd rather have Matthias in the lineup than Hendricks - even if that meant Matthias at 4C. Hendricks' goal was nice but doesn't change anything.
Agree Mort.

I’d like Hendricks in the pb once Perreault is back. Would surprise me if PoMo is thinking the same thing.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agree Mort.

I’d like Hendricks in the pb once Perreault is back. Would surprise me if PoMo is thinking the same thing.

Who else could it be? Matthias has actually played well but ... no finish/snake bitten. He would be the next one, I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad