Prospect Info: Brendan Guhle (2015, 51st) – '18-19: Rochester #45 (AHL)

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I haven't seen any Amerks games...how's Guhle looking so far?

How soon is he going to be NHL-ready? Sabres D needs help soon

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Can't wait until he's making passes like this in a Sabres uniform - cross ice to Moses who feeds a streaking CJ Smith for the Amerks lone goal of the night

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Every post-game that the press bring up Guhle, Taylor says he has to get better in his own zone. Even with the production ticking up, every game.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Keep him down until it’s bluntly obvious he’s to good for the AHL. Then bring him up and insert him directly into the top 4.

Reactions: Chainshot

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Another goal and 2 points for Ghule. 8 points in 10 games.
Keep him away from the Sabres tire fire.

Picking nits, but 8 in 11. Would love to see him get a full development year in Rochester, too, save for a brief cameo late in the season (provided that it didn't impact an Amerks playoff push).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Love seeing his offensive game start to blossom. Hopefully the defensive side of the game starts clicking for him soon also.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
This is the type of play that gets you excited about Guhle's future. Great entry and assist on Gill's goal.

Reactions: Kyndig

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
This is the type of play that gets you excited about Guhle's future. Great entry and assist on Gill's goal.

I like it, he sure has developed into a nice prospect. Hate to say he's a sure thing in our top4 next year, but if I were a gambling man...

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Yeah, we aren't going to make the playoffs, unless he's being called up for injury, he's best served logging major minutes in Roch. Our 'system' hasn't even been figured out by us yet, let's not confuse the lad lol.

ende

Dec 12, 2005

Guhle is 1st among rookie D.

He’s doing fine folks. Let’s let him continue to build confidence learning how to dominate, and round out his game, so he can have a decent shot at being that top 4 D we need when we are ready to need it.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Offense is great and all, but he needs to have confidence in the D zone at the A level before coming up. Every scouting report I've seen so far says he still is struggling there, and that only gets worse in the N. His pre-season games were comically bad, though his call-up the year prior wasn't nearly so. It's a mental thing I'm sure he will get over it, but it's important that he does.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
His defensive game is already improving. He was flat out bad the first few weeks. Definitely showing improvement, but still needs work. He got beat pretty badly on Hershey’s first goal last Friday. It’s on the highlights. But at least he’s shown an improvement and he’s not Casey Nelson bad.

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
His defensive game is already improving. He was flat out bad the first few weeks. Definitely showing improvement, but still needs work. He got beat pretty badly on Hershey’s first goal last Friday. It’s on the highlights. But at least he’s shown an improvement and he’s not Matt Tennyson bad.

Fixed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->