Prospect Info: Brendan Guhle (2015, 51st) – '18-19: Rochester #45 (AHL)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
CIhhYqYWEAEvt5Y.jpg:medium

Prospects Thread​
|
2014-15 Team​
|
Pos.​
|
Ht.​
|
Wt.​
|
Assorted Links​
|
LWOS​
|
NKI​
|
THW​
|
TSN​
[THREAD=1790345]GUHLE, BRENDAN[/THREAD]​
|
PRINCE ALBERT​
|
D​
|
6'1.75"​
|
184​
|
BTNHFHPNewsRS
|
LWOS#73​
|
[POST=101487987]NKI#081[/POST]​
|
TN1#078​
|

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Nice pick IMO. Safe but goes with what he's trying to build.

They don't have the luxury at the back end to go for boom/bust types.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Easy to dismiss what you disagree with as nonsense. Especially when you are just speculating very loosely.

What? :laugh:

I'm saying the people actually making the picks seem to disagree with your assessment. Frankly I can't figure out what your post means.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
From Harrington:

Guhle registered seven top-10 finishes at the 2015 NHL Combine, tying Jack Eichel for the most among all prospects.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
What? :laugh:

I'm saying the people actually making the picks seem to disagree with your assessment. Frankly I can't figure out what your post means, it seems almost drunk.

It means because you disagree with what scouts say so that means their opinions are not so important as the ones that agree with you. You are also speculating what scouts have more value to their opinion without knowing the scouts. That is called speculation.
Saying my post is drunk looks like you have a comprehension problem...here is why.

You have to idea what scouts have said. In fact go check out the major scouting reports say, only one has him ranked that high out of 5.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Guhle put up some impressive combine #'s so he's strong

Definitely a pick for need.

No kidding...

Guhle registered seven top-10 finishes at the 2015 NHL Scouting Combine, tying Jack Eichel (No. 2 NA Skater) for the most among all prospects. That includes top marks in the long jump (122 inches) and the highest peak power output score on the Wingate bike test (19.9), which measures a player’s explosive leg power.
(from nhl.com)

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Elite Prospects Profile: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=63250

A heads-up defenseman who can really take a beating and dish it out as well. Built like a tank; grueling play doesn't phase him. Calm, collected, and poised with the puck; great body and stick positioning without the puck. Reliable at both ends of the ice and can be trusted with a hefty amount of ice time. All-in-all, a defenseman who strives to be difficult to play against, consistently, with and without the puck. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Amusing tidbit:

Guhle registered seven top-10 finishes at the 2015 NHL Scouting Combine, tying Jack Eichel (No. 2 NA Skater) for the most among all prospects. That includes top marks in the long jump (122 inches) and the highest peak power output score on the Wingate bike test (19.9), which measures a player’s explosive leg power.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
It means because you disagree with what scouts say so that means their opinions are not so important as the ones that agree with you. You are also speculating what scouts have more value to their opinion without knowing the scouts. That is called speculation.
Saying my post is drunk looks like you have a comprehension problem...here is why.

You have to idea what scouts have said. In fact go check out the major scouting reports say, only one has him ranked that high out of 5.

My man, I'm saying that GMs form their opionins (in part) based on scouting reports from their...scouts. And if GMs and scouts that have sway with GMs haven't picked him before our Great Screw-up of the 2015 Draft in Round 2 of our Lord, then I feel safe saying many scouts and GMs disagree with your original premise.

You sound upset. You shouldn't be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad